• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I am really lost who is this Gyro you all and Welfin keep talking about.

Also I was wondering if humans retain there memories when becoming Ants, does that make what the ants are doing any less wrong? Could it be seen as becoming a Chimera Ant is part of human evolution?

Sorry! That was totally my bad. I'll accept a ban if it helps.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Anyone else would've been confused too. And it's not a big spoiler, I think it's either been said or implied so heavily already and was supposed to have been said already, if I understand correctly.

Gyro is the guy who got an episode dedicated to him, who they said was up to evil business and in the same area as Gon, yet they weren't destined to meet yet.

Welfin is the wolf guy from the latest episode who was one of Gyro's followers.

Lulubop

Also I was wondering if humans retain there memories when becoming Ants, does that make what the ants are doing any less wrong? Could it be seen as becoming a Chimera Ant is part of human evolution?

They had a whole episode on Gyro early in the arc.

All I remember about Gyro is that he was the leader of NGL (before the Dear Leader figure took over?) and had a troubled childhood.

Speculation: I take it that
he's Meruem's past identity
? That seems to be the best fit to me, at least. Which would make all the shifts in loyalty pretty unfortunate.

EDIT: Or not?

Anyway, I will laugh if
it is acute radiation poisoning that turns out to be the downfall of the ants. I would have thought that all that power/Nen would have given the king some sort of higher tolerance to it, or that he'd be able to regenerate any damage he sustained after being healed

Jigolo

Episode 133 spoilers

The way I understood the whole Gyro thing was that those humans that had a strong will got their memories back. Including some of the ants like Welfin, Ikalgo and Meleron. Because Welfin and Ikalgo were a part of NGL they knew that if they had the will to recover their memories then someone with a stronger will then them (Gyro) would've betrayed the ants almost as soon as he hatched.

I don't think we've seen which ant Gyro has become but I do think we will within the next 2 episodes.

At least things are finally moving but potentially a bad end being signalled for even pouf. Youpi was one no one cared about so glad that time wasnt wasted on that affair which seemed pretty weak in the context of the narrative.

Not liking how the conclusion is playing out, essentially seems to imply that the lead protagonists will have no role in bringing down the main antagonist and one hasnt even got a single meaningful fight this portion of the arc :(

Soriku

At least things are finally moving but potentially a bad end being signalled for even pouf. Youpi was one no one cared about so glad that time wasnt wasted on that affair which seemed pretty weak in the context of the narrative.

Not liking how the conclusion is playing out, essentially seems to imply that the lead protagonists will have no role in bringing down the main antagonist and one hasnt even got a single meaningful fight this portion of the arc :(

The King is too strong to beat in a fight. Even if they all ganged up on him.

Togashi is working with the limits he has placed on his own world, which is fine by me. If Gon or Killua even bats an eye at the King, they will get their heads cut off within a millisecond.

Nibel

So, it has been some time and I wanted to say a few things about the seemingly controversial episode no. 131.

People teased that moment for a long time in this thread as something that is possibly better than the Netero/Meruem fight, and I tend to agree: what a fucking game changer episode that was.

Granted, the Netero/Meruem episode had the great fight between super human and super ant, but this episode 131 felt like a huge long-awaited payoff. I watched the episode with my younger brother, and after Gon called Pitou a liar and the whole transformation began our jaws were on the floor the entire time. I remember us screaming when Pitou noted than Gon was on the same level as the King (probably pre-absorbtion/rebirth).

The whole presentation did a perfect job of showing Gon diving into a dark abyss, from the music to the black/white animation when he transforms - and man, that voice actor is doing a killer job. We were kind of baffled why his hair was so long at first, but I kind of thought that he must have aged a lot (!) on the spot and that his aura must be so strong that the hair is pointing towards the sky like a black pillar of doom. It might be a little DBZ homage as well.

The confrontation between Gon and Pitou was brutal, from the beginning to the end - that wasn't a fight, it was a goddamn massacre from the first second on, and I kind of appreciated at first until it became sadder and sadder. Watching him kill Pitou with basically one kick and then going further by smashing her skull with multiple Nen-boosted punches was not only brutal but also heartbreaking because it makes so clear how helpless Gon is when he's confronted with defeat since physical violence is the only solution he sees at that moment.

And the final moment with him jumping up towards sky, the music kicking in and him grabbing his cut-off arm only to throw it down like a thunder was incredibly well done. Seriously, I wished the music of that episode was available already. The whole Gon-san sequence gave me wet eyes; something that almost never happens with most media that I consume.

One of the best episodes in the entire anime, period. And to those who criticize that it feels like Deus-Ex-machina: bullshit, everything you need to know about what happened to Gon can be explained with what you learn in the anime, it's all there. You can disagree with Togashi's solution for being too exotic to grasp, but that's the entire point of the show in the first place, right? And we'll probably get more explanation anyway after the King situation is cleared.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n778n3Hgal1r3rdh2o3_1280.png

tumblr_n778n3Hgal1r3rdh2o1_1280.png

tumblr_n778n3Hgal1r3rdh2o2_1280.png

Happy father's day, everyone.

smurfx

get some go again
usopps dad is even worse. dudes mom died and his dad didn't even bother checking up on him or sending money.

kewlmyc

Of the modern shounens that I have slight knowledge of, only Ichigo's dad is any good. The rest are either dead or scumbags.

Hunter x Hunter 134

I think they did a really good job adapting this part, given how word heavy it is. I was always wondering how they would go about this part because of it, but it was a great episode.

Welfin's barely audible "Komugi" was excellent.

Only one episode left in this arc.

I really liked Welfin's expressions in this episode.

Oh man, they really did a great job adapting this part, and I can't wait for next week at all. I've been wondering how they're going to do the ending ever since this arc started.

demidar

So I'm not the only one who hates Pouf's guts right?

God I hate that fucker so much.

Anyways good episode, even though it felt like there wasn't much happening (besides the few very important stuff).

Biochet

Anyways good episode, even though it felt like there wasn't much happening (besides the few very important stuff).

The king was this close to fucking him up, and at the end this shit happens?

Maybe Killua will swat his ass.

Gon's change in #131 sure confirmed beyond doubt who his biological mom is, if it wasn't obvious before.

Since I haven't read the manga, I thought it bizarre that they dedicated an episode to Gyro so long ago that he is easily forgotten. It seems a waste of animation time/manpower if he isn't going to be a significant chimera. We'll see.

kirblar

Gon in #133 sure confirmed beyond doubt who his biological mom is, if it wasn't obvious before.

Since I haven't read the manga, I thought it bizarre that they dedicated an episode to him so long ago that he is easily forgotten. It seems a waste of manpower if he isn't going to be a significant chimera. We'll see.
Can you refer specifically to what you're talking about re: his mom?

In a way, the final action of Meruem
(saying the line "and if possible, I hope you can live as a human") it has been even worse to death for Pouf, as it showed what he feared many episodes ago before the fight started, that the King finally considers the humans valuable and their lives deserve respect.

Next one, episode 135, will be the end of the Ant Arc. Now we are almost finished, we can discuss the pace more clearly.

It has been 60 episodes. I think it could have been improved reducing it to 55 episodes. But of course I'm talking of shortening scenes here and there and moments remembering past episodes and all that, I'm not talking of cutting any episode directly. More exactly, I think some episode at the beginning could have been faster as they were dealing with small shit and there weren't still lots of things happening or multitude of characters, and near the end where there is some stalling with Gon, and all this game of Pouf vs King always seemed to me a bit of waste of time.
For reference, that's around improving the pace just slightly, a total of 8.5% of difference in length so in the big picture the it hasn't been that much off the mark.

In a way, the final action of Meruem
(saying the line "and if possible, I hope you can live as a human") it has been even worse to death for Pouf, as it showed what he feared many episodes ago before the fight started, that the King finally considers the humans valuable and their lives deserve respect.
Yeah that was one of the reasons I loved this part in the Manga so much.

Is it just me or did they translate it a bit differently on crunchyroll?

In the Manga meruem says that "I would like to meet that person too, and if possible it would be nice to live as a human" and then Pouf screams / cries but in this episode he says to welfin I hope you can find him [gyro] and that I hope you can live as a human. Was crunchy roll mistaken or did I read a bad scan or is it interchangeable?

kirblar

Yeah that was one of the reasons I loved this part in the Manga so much.

Is it just me or did they translate it a bit differently on crunchyroll?

In the Manga meruem says that "I would like to meet that person too, and if possible it would be nice to live as a human" and then Pouf screams / cries but in this episode he says to welfin I hope you can find him [gyro] and that I hope you can live as a human. Was crunchy roll mistaken or did I read a bad scan or is it interchangeable?
Given the context, the Anime translation seems more accurate.

Top Bottom