• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Even with the problems with this arc (pacing, narrator) they stuck the landing. That episode was good television--not just good anime; good television.

andymcc

Banned
that was very smart for them to combine all of the komugi/king interactions in this episode. i was hoping they'd do that. worked beautifully.

great episode.

Biochet

Watching all three royal gaurds together, watching palm, watching the king, watching netero, all of this.

Are you still there?

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

They nailed that ending, was not sure how they were going to do it given the chapter was half empty pages with dialogue on them. I knew it was coming and it still got me. Great ED transition.

I really love how this arc ends, not with a huge gigantic battle but just with a board game. You could say it's anti climactic especially for a shonen, but I actually like the anti climactic-ness.

Did they cut out the full explanation of Meruem's En? It's not really all that important, so I'm kind of glad they did to speed things along.

edit: also, in the manga did they broadcast Netero's video? I don't think they did

or at least they didn't say they did

that was the REAL diego. the other (the one mereum killed) was a stand-in while bizeff actually ran the nation.

Actually, I had the same problem. I just thought "didn't he was killed by Meruem when they reached the palace?"
He was a smart man, all thing considered!

andymcc

Banned
edit: also, in the manga did they broadcast Netero's video? I don't think they did

i don't think they played the "whole" video, but his "resignation" was broadcast. I won't describe the events as it contains future spoilers.

Actually, I had the same problem. I just thought "didn't he was killed by Meruem when they reached the palace?"
He was a smart man, all thing considered!

pretty sure the explanation was a tiny blurb after the word bombs of his poem.

i don't think they played the "whole" video, but his "resignation" was broadcast. I won't describe the events as it contains future spoilers.

pretty sure the explanation was a tiny blurb after the word bombs of his poem.

hmmm i just re-read the chapter and it kind of seems like they did, but they don't explicitly say it. oh well not really a big deal i guess

Nephtis

Damn.

Damnit all. Damnit all to hell.

The voice acting, the imagery, everything was just perfect. What a sublime adaptation to Meruem's ending. I was holding back the tears pretty well until "Komugi, are you there?". And that lighting at the very end with her hand caressing his face -- that's how the blind "see", and she wanted to have a look at his face for the last time.

What an amazing episode. At the very, very end, it just hits you. It's no wonder Palm was crying when she announced it was finished. I so sympathize with her.

Wow. I don't even know what to say now. I am crushed.

I'm about to watch this episode and I'll finally be caught up, but I am salty about what's been going on:

I really wanted Netero to have dealt with Meruem. I was so ready to see him go down. I do like the character, but to get outsmarted by another human- in this case the human race who designed the bomb and the plan- would have been a fitting end.

Nephtis

I'm about to watch this episode and I'll finally be caught up, but I am salty about what's been going on:

I really wanted Netero to have dealt with Meruem. I was so ready to see him go down. I do like the character, but to get outsmarted by another human- in this case the human race who designed the bomb and the plan- would have been a fitting end.

Please, come back with your opinions once you have seen it.

kirblar

Did you not see last week's episode?

Top Bottom