• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Pretty uneventful episode with an awkward method of providing resolution for a key player. Felt like a pretty cheap tactic to try to stimulate emotions which it didnt do for me. Episode could have spent more time emphasizing the happenings in the moments after the discovery of Komugi location, and the response of hunters to the Netero demise and will than a 15 minute lengthy showing of the same game weve experienced five episodes previously and more. Hopefully next episode brings us back to the highs of HxH.

shira

Pretty uneventful episode with an awkward method of providing resolution for a key player. Felt like a pretty cheap tactic to try to stimulate emotions which it didnt do for me. Episode could have spent more time emphasizing the happenings in the moments after the discovery of Komugi location, and the response of hunters to the Netero demise and will than a 15 minute lengthy showing of the same game weve experienced five episodes previously and more. Hopefully next episode brings us back to the highs of HxH.

boooo

It was great.

Salih

lFCgYoj.gif

well....that ending left me completely cold. i can't get sentimental over an animu. sorry, folks.

MCD

do you always have to be "different"?

sigh, I know, it's dtl and I am not supposed to hit the reply button but whatever.

but what if Killua was in it

I'm actually surprised that noone is upset about
Pouf's offscreen death
seeing that everyone
loved to
hated him

well....that ending left me completely cold. i can't get sentimental over an animu. sorry, folks.

why not? what would you have preferred to happen? genuine question

wildfire

Banned
Well I was touched. I'm not thrilled with
Komogi dying.

I'm still left wondering whether or not
they are going to allow the remaining ants to mingle with the human population and how this will affect things later on.

Salih

why not? what would you have preferred to happen? genuine question

The ending was fine, i wouldn't have changed it. I liked the character development of the King which was very well done. I understand that it was supposed to be an emotional ending after such crazy episodes like 126, 131 but i personally just can't get emotionally invested in these kinda things. Apparently i am emotionally dead regarding this stuff.

One thing i love about HxH is that you can't predict what's gonna happen next and this episode just proved that. So that is still a good thing.

Tobe

just watched the episode and idk the manga gave me more feels, probably the pacing in the manga the idk what to call them ? frames? shots? well ppl go read the last chapters of the ant arc i think they explain the whole situation better.

but still i like this arc a lot and the ending kinda felt at home. good stuff.

The ending was fine, i wouldn't have changed it. I liked the character development of the King which was very well done. I understand that it was supposed to be an emotional ending after such crazy episodes like 126, 131 but i personally just can't get emotionally invested in these kinda things. Apparently i am emotionally dead regarding this stuff.

One thing i love about HxH is that you can't predict what's gonna happen next and this episode just proved that. So that is still a good thing.

ah ok, I understand.

Yopis

Just watched 135 thought It was great.

Sat in silence for 10 minutes thinking about what I saw. Sun went down off the back balcony was deep and perfect. Have new respect for Hunter now.

Tuck

Well, the Chimera Ant Arc has finally ended.

Overall, it was a mixed bag. Very strong start, but was plagued by severe pacing problems later on.

Even so, I really liked the direction they went with the king. A shocking amount of character development on his part. It may have been the less exciting route, but it was a surprisingly real, emotional one. The final scene in particular was quite well done.

I'm excited to see where the show goes next, though they are rapidly running out of material to adapt. I just hope they pick up the pace a little bit - this arc could have had like 20 episodes cut and been better off for it. Additionally, I felt like the episodes were becoming more and more like slideshows. Seemed like last weeks episode barely had any actual animation!

Lol stop it.

fertygo

I'm excited to see where the show goes next, though they are rapidly running out of material to adapt. I just hope they pick up the pace a little bit - this arc could have had like 20 episodes cut and been better off for it. Additionally, I felt like the episodes were becoming more and more like slideshows. Seemed like last weeks episode barely had any actual animation!

LOL, next arc will at least being 13 episode despite only adapting around 20 manga chapter because at this point we know the production staff will doing whatever it takes to stop at TV seasonal transition spot.

smurfx

get some go again
they should use the same criteria for the preview
It was so anticlimactic
only complain i have about this episode because otherwise it was perfect. last time an anime tore me up inside like this was choppers flashback in one piece. ;_;

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I cried like a little girl the entire episode. The post credits ending was just too much. Holy shit. So fucking sad.

"Komugi... Are you still there?"

Zaptruder

Banned
Meureum... probably one of the most awesome antagonists to grace popular fiction.

I mean how many of these guys go through a zen-awakening character development arc while been the most frikkin' powerful thing in the world, that even a nuclear bomb can't kill?

I have cried 3 times as an adult while reading/watching manga/anime, the finale of the chimera ant arc was one of them. Truly glad the anime got to it and look forward to checking it out later when I catch up. Glad to see everyone is enjoying it

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Meureum... probably one of the most awesome antagonists to grace popular fiction.

I mean how many of these guys go through a zen-awakening character development arc while been the most frikkin' powerful thing in the world, that even a nuclear bomb can't kill?
This is what makes this series so incredible. Unbelievably so. Humanity kills the ants with what effectively a souped up version of RAID Insecticide Spray, which leaves them all dying off in random spots like bugs. Even then, they were essentially almost human and they all went through such character development.

Crazy shonen antics, from super Gon, to Buddha incarnate, nukes, Killua-chu, and bloodbaths... All to end silently and happily with a pair of friends playing Gungi as death slowly creeps up on them.

Praise Togashi, man. This was an awesome ride.

Also, wonder if dead pouf contaminates all those zombie humans.

LOL, next arc will at least being 13 episode despite only adapting around 20 manga chapter because at this point we know the production staff will doing whatever it takes to stop at TV seasonal transition spot.

Ehhhhhhhh, more like 12 and a half since there's still the "epilogue" stuff for the arc that was supposed to be before the Meruem and Komugi match. Still, yeah, I fear for the pacing.

Hopefully they pad it out by expanding on stuff (make the side characters' cameos more meaningful) rather than something like Gon's "I killed Kaito...NO SHE DID"x100 scene :|

andymcc

Banned

your just mad that pouf died as he should: unremarkably, alone and abandoned by the king.

Maffis

That Pouf death happening offscreen feels so...un-anime like for a Shounen. That's why I love Hunter so much. It isn't riddled with the typical clichés most of these "shounen" has. Excellent series.

demidar

your just mad that pouf died as he should: unremarkably, alone and abandoned by the king.

While he didn't get his head cratered, he still died like a dog. Good.

Anyway, the worst (best?) way to go for a villain is death by feels. I know technically it was the poison but still, it accelerated the development of his feels organ.

kirblar

While he didn't get his head cratered, he still died like a dog. Good.

Anyway, the worst (best?) way to go for a villain is death by feels. I know technically it was the poison but still, it accelerated the development of his feels organ.
I think getting Pouf's ability was a big deal for him. Suddenly he was forced to have empathy.

FluxWaveZ

I preferred the start of this arc to its conclusion and it's not one of my favorite arcs in the series thus far, but that was a nice conclusion. Didn't care that the king was dying because screw him but, geez, Komugi.

Top Bottom