• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

That's what I was referring to. I'm nearly in tears at the super emotional moment... then BAM! Most inappropriate music possible!

And that's really weird, because for this chapter they took out the opening, changed the ending so one would think that there's no problem changing the preview segment to fit it more with the mood of the chapter, but.. anyway, this is be one of my favorites anime chapters of all time without a doubt.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Japanese TV doesn't it go like ending credits->commercial->preview?

I'd say that in that case it only ruins the moment for people not watching it on TV, but then again cutting from that into a random Japanese commercial is just as moment ruining anyways.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Japanese TV doesn't it go like ending credits->commercial->preview?

I'd say that in that case it only ruins the moment for people not watching it on TV, but then again cutting from that into a random Japanese commercial is just as moment ruining anyways.

MORNING RESCUE

shira

I would have appreciated 5s of black screen+silence.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 135
tumblr_mjbgzg2lxQ1qhrxsqo1_500.gif

faridmon

Fucking hell, I caught up to the current episodes and was really excited to read about reaction to that Ep. Except someone fucking put a big spoilers within the impression and one that have yet to come!

Fucking hell!

One of my favourite part of this episode is when the King started to kneel to Palm, Given how arrogant he was at birth and adamant about being the one true King It was incredible to see the character developed so far.

Dark_castle

I think the most brilliant moment is the sequence where Mereum repeatedly asks Komugi if she is still there. Very subtle, but powerful indication that Mereum was lost his sense of sight as he grew weaker.

His name, the light that shines on everything is just the tip of the brilliance here. Komugi, a blind girl who has never been loved, and Mereum, on his verge of death, realized the meaning of love for the first time, his ill-fated destiny to meet Komugi and bring "light" onto this poor girl's life.

fertygo

One of my favourite part of this episode is when the King started to kneel to Palm, Given how arrogant he was at birth and adamant about being the one true King It was incredible to see the character developed so far.

Yeah that scene already give me massive feels..

Jigolo

King of lightning review. I highly recommend it, he goes into detail with how the gungi board was symbolizing what was happening between Meruem and Komugi. Mind blowing.

Togashi is an phenomenal writer.

Biochet

Pretty uneventful episode with an awkward method of providing resolution for a key player. Felt like a pretty cheap tactic to try to stimulate emotions which it didnt do for me. Episode could have spent more time emphasizing the happenings in the moments after the discovery of Komugi location, and the response of hunters to the Netero demise and will than a 15 minute lengthy showing of the same game weve experienced five episodes previously and more. Hopefully next episode brings us back to the highs of HxH.

meme-hand-girl-geeks-and-cleats.png

Are you still there?

fertygo

Tbh I can agree to DTL the anime can do much better job to make it less manipulative, the earlier scene with Palm are much better executed.. I'm still BUYING it badly though.. sonuvabitch.

smurfx

get some go again
I think the most brilliant moment is the sequence where Mereum repeatedly asks Komugi if she is still there. Very subtle, but powerful indication that Mereum was lost his sense of sight as he grew weaker.

His name, the light that shines on everything is just the tip of the brilliance here. Komugi, a blind girl who has never been loved, and Mereum, on his verge of death, realized the meaning of love for the first time, his ill-fated destiny to meet Komugi and bring "light" onto this poor girl's life.
komugi also said the kings name without the honorific at the end.

I've read the manga twice, and both times I completely missed there being a real Diego and that he survived. Anyway great episode. Next arc should be fun.

Dark_castle

King of lightning review. I highly recommend it, he goes into detail with how the gungi board was symbolizing what was happening between Meruem and Komugi. Mind blowing.

Togashi is an phenomenal writer.

Great review. I missed out the part where he pointed out that it was actually the FIRST time Komugi knew what Mereum looked like after touching his face, because well, she's blind. Again, it's touching if one think about it.

Jex

And the pomp of the next show preview completely ruins it.

Yeah it was pretty awful. There are two ways to handle that - you either don't show previews for next week or you actually change the preview music to be tonally appropriate. They did neither.

fertygo

I'm not too annoyed, because I pretty much expect the jingle (lol) and the story's pretty much over.. its not like the jingle suddenly make me happy or something

Damn it, I tried to fight the tears. But they wouldn't stop flowing T_T

I already knew what was going to happen having read the manga but still..

This is why Madhouse is my favorite studio.

phaze

And the pomp of the next show preview completely ruins it.

Yeah that was completely jarring and threw me out of a mood.

As much as I couldn't give a damn about Meruem and Komugi before and thought the King's turn toward humanity could be seen off a mile away, this was a strong and touching episode. The Chimera Ant arc had a multitude of problems but its high points: 126, 131 and this were the best in the show so far. Seems like we will finally be seeing the inner workings of Hunter organization in the next arc.

Meruem was selfish till the end though, killed Komugi just to not be alone during his last moments. :p

Nephtis

Meruem was selfish till the end though, killed Komugi just to not be alone during his last moments. :p

Except he wasn't. At first he only knew he desired to see her -- he thought she was just his plaything. He still deeply cared for her though. Look at how it almost brought Pitou to tears because Meruem didn't order him to heal Komugi -- he requested it. That was his first show of humility. And then there was the ultimate insult a king could possibly endure -- to kneel before someone, to beg.

And *then*, once Meruem figured that was all the time he could spend with Komugi without the poison affecting her, he told her the truth, to leave it up to her to go away to save her life.

She chose to die with him.

Riposte

Ah, so you guys finally got to that part. This arc, mainly how it ended, really couldn't have happened in any other major shonen I think.

demidar

Except he wasn't. At first he only knew he desired to see her -- he thought she was just his plaything. He still deeply cared for her though. Look at how it almost brought Pitou to tears because Meruem didn't order him to heal Komugi -- he requested it. That was his first show of humility. And then there was the ultimate insult a king could possibly endure -- to kneel before someone, to beg.

And *then*, once Meruem figured that was all the time he could spend with Komugi without the poison affecting her, he told her the truth, to leave it up to her to go away to save her life.

She chose to die with him.

To be fair, Komugi would have a pretty crappy life afterwards if she survived anyway.

Nephtis

And he allowed her to do this instead of chasing her away.

He had Pouf's particles active - he was absolutely able to sense her resolve to stay with him, no matter the outcome for her. What else could he do? She's the one person he acknowledged as being superior to him through their games, where it didn't matter who was king and who was not.

He couldn't possibly have chased her away. All he could do was accept her kindness.

Dark_castle

And he allowed her to do this instead of chasing her away.

Love is selfish. Not trying to sound deep, but sometimes that's how it is. Mereum knew for the first time he felt in love with Komugi, he doesn't NEED to tell Komugi out of obligation because she's blind, but he did anyway because he is a better man now. He's grew from an ant into a human with pure heart, but because of love, he wishes to be paired with her until his last breath. Komugi shared the mutual feelings.

LogicStep

Such a powerful episode and ending. Reading your posts is bringing back feels. So good. No other anime has had me go so all over the place before.

Soriku

Good episode. Didn't think it was amazing, but it was a good conclusion to the arc. Looking forward to the next one.

jordisok

First post in here cos I've been playing catch up having only started it this year! Thought 135 was incredibly well done, made me make note of the quality of the voice acting, especially Mereum, very subtle changes for a character who doesn't show a great range of emotion.

Mrcapcom

Amazing ending sure they could have went the shounen route and had a big battle and at the end have the main good guy being helped as they walk away from the dead body of the king. Could have been epic BUT

THIS ENDING

wow like a whole year for this arc and its been so crazy and all the king went through fought to the death to die from poison and the whole komugi scene which really validated all those gungi episodes for me was pretty awesome. And not even to mention everything the team went through fighting the ants etc Gon loosing himself Netero loosing but winning like wow.

I can't wait to see the last last episode for the arc

vareon

Fucking amazing. Really, really glad they did the ending justice.

In case anyone is curious the entire
epilogue with Komugi and Meruem was all black panels and dialogue bubbles except for the last panel where Meruem dies in Komugi's lap.

Top Bottom