• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Unbounded

iHItKf4.jpg

Fuck that guy on the left.

All of this talk of how the phantom troupe would do against the chimera ants just leads me to wonder how Zushi would fair against them in a fight?

You know I think he would do fairly well for himself, I mean come on he's probably trained with Wing a bunch and he has the bond between him and his teacher, and I'm sure his friendship with Gon would lead to victory.

lol

Popnbake

Fuck that guy on the left.

Pouf was just trying to be the best royal guard he can be. ):

I love that two of them get redeemable human qualities....and one's just a dick.

Youpi was about the only one to have those redeemable qualities.
He spared Knuckle and his group on his own terms.

Pitou tortured a hunter, killed Kite, and was going to kill Gon.
She would have left the girl for dead if the King didn't want her to be healed.

As for Pouf well, he was being a dick. :T

Unbounded

All of this talk of how the phantom troupe would do against the chimera ants just leads me to wonder how Zushi would fair against them in a fight?

You know I think he would do fairly well for himself, I mean come on he's probably trained with Wing a bunch and he has the bond between him and his teacher, and I'm sure his friendship with Gon would lead to victory.

lol

Show me Zushi spending an entire couple of episodes massacring an army and I'll agree.

Show me Zushi spending an entire couple of episodes massacring an army and I'll agree.

lol I was only being sarcastic. I was attempting to channel DTL, if I recall correctly he was dissapointed that Gon didn't beat Hisoka in the heaven arena's arc and his reasoning for why that should have happened was because Gon trained a lot and learned how to use nen for the first time. Of course it was explained to him that Hisoka at that point was far beyond Gon's level.

Unbounded

lol I was only being sarcastic. I was attempting to channel DTL, if I recall correctly he was dissapointed that Gon didn't beat Hisoka in the heaven arena's arc and his reasoning for why that should have happened was because Gon trained a lot and learned how to use nen for the first time. Of course it was explained to him that Hisoka at that point was far beyond Gon's level.

Ah, kay. Carry on then!

Biochet

I miss hoping this episode is the episode pouf will get fucked in.

Also, I vaguely remember a cute ant, like a bunny or koala, what happened to him?

kirblar

Now that the CA arc is over, can I expect the series to return to how it was prior or should i just stop here?
The next arc is very different in tone. You definitely want to continue. Also,
The arc really isn't completely over yet.

pants

Of all the ants Pitou really got his shit pushed in. Feel a little sorry for him (but then I remember kite). How long is the anime still running btw, now that it has basically caught up with the manga?

Now that the CA arc is over, can I expect the series to return to how it was prior or should i just stop here?
i'd describe the next arc as part one piece, part politics (bigger part but awesome)

Yonafunu

Of all the ants Pitou really got his shit pushed in. Feel a little sorry for him (but then I remember kite). How long is the anime still running btw, now that it has basically caught up with the manga?

It's probably going to end exactly where you think it is.

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 136

Good transition episode I thought.

Two sad episodes in a row. Damn how does Togashi even plan these things out. I totally forgot about Reina but I'm glad to see we got back and saw some closure with her. Here's hoping Colt also reunites with them, that'd be really nice to see. Actually it was nice to see what the remaining ants are doing. I'm sure that we'll get back to those characters (Welfin, Brovoda, that chick and Gyro) in the future. Togashi just seemed to leave that wide open and I think it's a good move.

Kite's revelation was interesting because that ant really doesn't seem like Kite at all. It's loud and obnoxious, lol. Maybe because it is a child though, who knows. I'm excited to see where this arc goes.

Killua's promise to himself. I think I know where he's headed

Also that last panel. Some new characters are incoming.... and I guess one that's not so new...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh good, they did end it the same way as the manga? I was hoping they wouldn't change any of that. Perfect ending to the entire series of events IMO, and also wonderfully subversive compared to most shonen shows.

Radec

Just saw the last episode of Meruem

Man, they really did a great job animating the King's last moments.

Perfect.

FluxWaveZ

Episode 136

Really liked this episode; it was a nice wrap up to everything that happened before. That
Kite
scene was crazy, and I hope that Reina's brother reunites with his family in the end.

I've got no idea what Killua's thinking. With the chairman video scene happening immediately after, I almost thought whatever he was planning might have involved becoming the new chairman, but that last scene caught me off-guard. Looking forward to the next arc.

wildfire

Banned
I wish they would finish this arc already. The padding is being handled a lot better than One Piece but it shouldn't be there just to have neatly marked endpoints.

Great transition episode.

I love this next arc, so excited.

After rereading the next arc, it's my favorite. Short and sweet

I wish they would finish this arc already. The padding is being handled a lot better than One Piece but it shouldn't be there just to have neatly marked endpoints.
What padding? Everything in the last two episodes were all in the manga and this arc just ended.

Soriku

I thought the Reina reunion was sadder than the King and Komugi...lol.

Kite
moe as fuck. I liked the way they framed Morel shitting his pants with the drums in the background.

Hisoka and Ging
next episode :)

kirblar

I thought the Reina reunion was sadder than the King and Komugi...lol.

Kite
moe as fuck. I liked the way they framed Morel shitting his pants with the drums in the background.

Hisoka and Ging
next episode :)
Agreed re: the village reunion. Holding back tears at work is not easy!

Oh good, they did end it the same way as the manga? I was hoping they wouldn't change any of that. Perfect ending to the entire series of events IMO, and also wonderfully subversive compared to most shonen shows.

yeah, i was a little peeved at first when they decided to change the order, but it worked out real nicely

Finally I will be graced with animated Pariston.

I've been waiting for this.

1398572080175.png

Great transition episode.

I love this next arc, so excited.

yeah man, once this next arc ends im gonna watch the whole series again so i can experience without interruptions. I'm excited to see this arc animated, especially parts with Killua.

I'm so glad we finally get to see the
MY NAME IS KAITO!!
part. I was so happy when this happened in the manga. Also hyped for Ging. He's become my favorite character recently.

edit: Can we expect a new opening and ending next episode?

Nephtis

Reina ;_;

the moment I saw her shaking I knew I was in for a flood of tears. That whole reunion was so touching. And when she asks Burovuda to eat together. omggggg.

also...MY...NAME...IS... KAITO! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TheChits

Man, I said I would read the manga once the anime finished the Chimera Ant arc, but now I don't know if I should or not. Decisions, decisions

Sigmaah

Can someone tell me where the fuck did
Ant Reina
come from? da fuq did I miss?

Also,
AHHHHHHH THE HOMIE KITE IS BACK!!!
I thought it was just over for him, yo damn, I'm mad happy about that. A great way to bring someone loved back without a damn resurrection.

Hunter x Hunter... Goddamn this show is good.

Can someone tell me where the fuck did
Ant Reina
come from? da fuq did I miss?

Also,
AHHHHHHH THE HOMIE KITE IS BACK!!!
I thought it was just over for him, yo damn, I'm mad happy about that. A great way to bring someone loved back without a damn resurrection.

She was around the palace as Hina's helper/underling.

Top Bottom