• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Zaptruder

Banned
For fucks sake, at least tag manga spoilers as MANGA SPOILERS if you can't help yourself. Get that shit outta here.

And for the record, you don't have to tag discussion on the latest episode. It's already aired, so it's fine to discuss openly.

Sorry all. Contacted the two people that quoted me to take the spoilers out too.

Jaroof

Same, and I completely forger about her.

Gon sure went about finding Ging the wrong way. All it took was one call from Hunter HQ and he showed up. Where was he and all the those other "zodiacs" when their chairman was sacrificing his life ?

Riding giant dragons on gargantuan dragons.

Axass

yes the visuals is what i meant

i don't know how they'll top Hyori Ittai as an ending. The beginning of the song fits perfectly when the episode is transitioning into the ending visuals. I like Reason better as a song though.

I dunno about the opening and ending changing at this point. There're about 17 episodes left unless something unexpected happens (fillers?). I doubt they'll bother having new ones for such a little time.

Still hoping though.

EDIT: 11 episodes, I counted wrong the first time around. 13 if you count the new stuff just published, but I guess they'd stop before that.

Yonafunu

I dunno about op and ed changing. There're about 17 episodes left unless something unexpected happens (fillers?). I doubt they'll bother having a new one for such a little time.

Still hoping though.

They absolutely will (have to) change the OP visuals and at least the ED visuals too. The old visuals make no sense whatsoever in the next arc. It would be extremely sloppy if they didn't change them.

I just finished the Yorkshin auction arc, what an amazing arc. I honestly found the first arc to be boring and didn't really like Gon's personality, however the I was hooked watching the second arc.

Greed Island seems very interesting as well.

kewlmyc

Yeah, some people don't watch the previews. Maybe we should spoiler tag preview talk.
It aired with the episode and you said earlier that if it aired, we shouldn't have to spoiler tag it, so I don't think we should just because a select few don't want to watch it.

Yonafunu

It aired with the episode and you said earlier that if it aired, we shouldn't have to spoiler tag it, so I don't think we should just because a select few don't want to watch it.

That's fair. The reason some people don't watch them is because they'd gotten a bit spoilery a while ago. But they've been fine recently, so no problems there.

kewlmyc

That's fair. The reason some people don't watch them is because they'd gotten a bit spoilery a while ago. But they've been fine recently, so no problems there.

If it was a web preview, then I would understand since you would have to go out of your way to watch it.
hmmm for some reason i thought the show would end this season, so they are doing the next arc?

I glad it's still going. I want to put off reading HiatusXHiatus as long as possible.

Kite... I hope they explain it, because right now I REALLY don't like it. What's a worse to dump on his traumatic death than to kinda replace him with a loli?

andymcc

Banned
I'd imagine Kite's strong en and personality just easily transferred over to a chimera after simply eating the brain.

Spoilers as it wasn't covered in the anime, but had already been covered in the manga at this point (around the birth of Pitou):
Gyro immediately recalled his life/identity when he was born. I'd say the same thing probably happened with Kite.

Kite... I hope they explain it, because right now I REALLY don't like it. What's a worse to dump on his traumatic death than to kinda replace him with a loli?

Like Colt, Welfin, Shidore, Meleoron, and several other chimera ants, she remembered her previous life as Kite. What other explanation do we need?

demidar

I'd imagine Kite's strong en and personality just easily transferred over to a chimera after simply eating the brain.

Spoilers as it wasn't covered in the anime, but had already been covered in the manga at this point (around the birth of Pitou):
Gyro immediately recalled his life/identity when he was born. I'd say the same thing probably happened with Kite.

That seems like a pretty serious omission.

LogicStep

It would be nice for those of us that don't watch previews, if you're going to post about the preview, spoiler tag it. I mean, all you have to do is highlight and click that spoiler button and you're done.

Yonafunu

That seems like a pretty serious omission.

Which is why I'm positive it's still coming.

Where was he and all the those other "zodiacs" when their chairman was sacrificing his life ? This organization doesn't make a shred of sense.

I don't think it's a spoiler but I'll be sensitive. There are reasons and will probably get a mention in the future.

Like Colt, Welfin, Shidore, Meleoron, and several other chimera ants, she remembered her previous life as Kite. What other explanation do we need?
The queen devoured those humans and laid eggs, so they were reborn as Ants.

No idea how Palm was reborn as an Ant considering the Queen was dead, but we can assume the Ants (likely Pitou) figured something out to turn her human body into Ant body.

Kite though? He wasn't devoured. He still has his original human body, but stitched together. His body is safely locked up. There's no other Ant to do magic and turn him into an Ant. I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt the ally Ants / Hunter Association tried turning him into that loli (ant?) to "save" him. And why is she Loli? Why would Kite's memories go to someone else? Actually, can we even confirm if they took his brain to feed the queen then kept the body for Pitou's experiments?

demidar

The queen devoured those humans and laid eggs, so they were reborn as Ants.

No idea how Palm was reborn as an Ant considering the Queen was dead, but we can assume the Ants (likely Pitou) figured something out to turn her human body into Ant body.

Kite though? He wasn't devoured. He still has his original human body, but stitched together. His body is safely locked up. There's no other Ant to do magic and turn him into an Ant. I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt the ally Ants / Hunter Association tried turning him into that loli (ant?) to "save" him. And why is she Loli? Why would Kite's memories go to someone else? Actually, can we even confirm if they took his brain to feed the queen then kept the body for Pitou's experiments?

Palm was the product of an experiment to increase Ant soldier power by allowing them to keep their memories, but it was judged ineffective when Palm defected. Some weird cocoon thing that Pitou came up with, yeah.

It's possible Kite's brain got taken out then devoured or whatever. I don't think Pitou's puppetmaster abilities require something with a brain.

Jex

I'm pretty sure if you polled otaku on the question they'd tell you that's the best way.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
With Gon,
temporary power up did you think he could have beaten Hisoka

How is that even a question? Adult Gon is at the same level as the guy who killed Netero.

He'd blast Hisoka into outer space before his brain could start to proccess his orgasm.

guys you should be happy that kite's still alive. (s)he's an awesome character :(

I've always wondered though, does Kite even care that (s)he's a girl now? I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much of a difference, but it's gotta be weird. I guess being part ant is weird too though. Weird.

shira

Riding giant dragons on gargantuan dragons.

who did this first?
225591.jpg

guys you should be happy that kite's still alive. (s)he's an awesome character :(

I've always wondered though, does Kite even care that (s)he's a girl now? I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much of a difference, but it's gotta be weird. I guess being part ant is weird too though. Weird.

It'd be cooler if Kite remained a he.

Is there an episode that explains who the Zodiacs are? They obviously appear to be a group of the most powerful nen users, but I can't remember the Zodiacs ever being mentioned.

Luckily all ants except for the Queen are male.
So crisis averted!

Philippo

Sadly i'm starting to think this series will never end, and if it will it won't be in the same way of other shonen mangas.
Not for the delays, but because it seems to lack that certain focus that pushes things to the end (defeating bad guys in Naruto/Bleach/DBZ, finding the One Piece).
I mean even the characters all have differents goals, and can't see them united for a bigger threat against a bad guy, also considering that Togashi already fucked up power levels for humans i guess there won't be the classic "main hero fights at god level and saves everyone" unless he goes YYH all over again but it would feel veryo forced to hxh.
And he just keeps adding details and world lore!
I tell you, to me this series feels more like someone playing D&D and just carries their characters to the next adventure.
Well if it's like that, i just hope it continues for the eternity.

One question I have to ask...what happens to the King after the queen has given birth to him? Is Mereum supposed to find a mate and impregnate her, giving rise to the next generation of ants?

Was him getting attached to Komugi just as much the product of his ant instinct (to find someone worthy for the sole purpose of continuing the line) as his human half?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man this episode gave me some feels too. What a great way to wrap everything up from the chimera ant arc. The fucking cliffhanger with the music was so hype. I can't wait for this next arc!!!

Top Bottom