• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Wow that was a pretty fantastic episode to end the arc off. Where other people would have rushed into things without providing any good conclusion for the ants, the writer instead focused on one story, and an emotional one at that that was actually wholly believable and closest yet for ants to be human. I teared up.

Killua scene was great too, just wish Gon could treat him better after all hes taken him through
but why does it feel like Killua will be gone for this whole arc and Gon out of commission since they have nothing to do with really voting or all of that and the eight new characters and such as well. There doesnt even seem to be any actually dark or antagonistic threat teased, like the other arcs started off with such an event.

Chimera arc had its ups and downs but largely remained much better than the first exam arc, but behind Heavens Arena (best arc) and Greed Island (2nd best), imo.

Wow that was a pretty fantastic episode to end the arc off. Where other people would have rushed into things without providing any good conclusion for the ants, the writer instead focused on one story, and an emotional one at that that was actually wholly believable and closest yet for ants to be human. I teared up.

Killua scene was great too, just wish Gon could treat him better after all hes taken him through
but why does it feel like Killua will be gone for this whole arc and Gon out of commission since they have nothing to do with really voting or all of that and the eight new characters and such as well. There doesnt even seem to be any actually dark or antagonistic threat teased, like the other arcs started off with such an event.

Chimera arc had its ups and downs but largely remained much better than the first exam arc, but behind Heavens Arena (best arc) and Greed Island (2nd best), imo.

so now that there was an episode that you actually liked, i'm interested to hear

how did you feel about the
Kaito
reveal

kewlmyc

HxH 136

So I guess this is the true end to the arc. I'm glad that some of the ants got a happy ending, and the little ant being Reina was a very cute touch. I thought that the ant Colt saved would be her, but I guess not. Speaking of, the ant Colt saved being Kite is.... very odd. Not sure how I feel about that. Seriously, REALLY confused about that. Can't wait till next week to see who the Zodiac (I assume that was them) are. Apparently Ging is one of them, so maybe he'll show that he's a good father and help save his son. I wonder what Killua's going to do though to save him.

Also, HE RETURNS!!!!
fQ6PsM0.gif

Call me cold hearted but I didn't really care for this episode.
I thought the whole first half was pointless. Second half was alright. And when did Baby with a sword aka
Kite V2.0
come into it?

Zaptruder

Banned
Such a that the anime is coming to an end with the next arc. This should've been the next big shounen.

It's about to catchup on the current manga arc.

And the author is so notoriously slow and break prone that we have no idea how long the next manga arc will take.

To keep this running, the show would turn into 100% fillers essentially.

But I feel like the end of the next arc is a particularly great place to stop.

docbon

There's always someone.

About ready to smash a bro.

edit: I guess it wouldn't be a manga-spoiler free anime thread without manga spoilers dropping like atom bombs.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

And the author is so notoriously slow and break prone that we have no idea how long the next manga arc will take.

But I feel like the end of the next arc is a particularly great place to stop.
Yeah, that's what I mean. Curse Togashi and his (well-deserved) laziness.

MCD

Episode 136 spoilers:

I don't get. Kite is not dead? Did he transform his soul into a loli? Sigh. I don't like it. Dead people should stay dead.

I mean he did say spoilers for the end of the arc so if you read it it's not his fault.

That being said it was unnecessary to post it in the first place.

But I feel like the end of the next arc is a particularly great place to stop. Spoilers for the end of the arc incoming:

English is not my native language and even I understand the meaning of:

"New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS"

jercruz

HxH 136

I'm surprised that they showed that the guy walking is
Ging
immediately. In the manga, it stopped with a picture of their backs and a week's worth of speculation.

docbon

He's just like all of those ants who remembered their past lives

episode 136 spoilers:

Some viewers might be confused by Kite's reappearance since he was turned into a doll rather than ground up and consumed. It could be easily explained away with some off-camera brain scooping though. My memory of the earlier episodes is a little hazy though, so they may have hinted at this.

demidar

Good episode that tied up loose ends, but I wish it didn't spend so much time on the ants. I wonder what's gonna happen to the story since one of the protagonists is out of commission and the other peaced out somewhere. Also what's with that
Kite
reveal? How does that even happen?

Anyway can't wait for Hisoka to return P:

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I wish mods treated this thread the way they handle the Game of Thrones one. People just keep on posting spoilers and discussing the manga.

No one gets street cred for having read the manga. We don't care. So stop it.

So many great moments ruined by "Oh, but you won't believe what happens next!" bullshit.

Unbounded

So how did
Kite become an ant? He was never eaten...

Also, assuming that
Kite 2.0 was born at the same time as the king, would s/he end up being comparable in strength?

demidar

I wish mods treated this thread the way they handle the Game of Thrones one. People just keep on posting spoilers and discussing the manga.

No one gets street cred for having read the manga. We don't care. So stop it.

So many great moments ruined by "Oh, but you won't believe what happens next!" bullshit.

I don't think mods read this thread.

Akainu

Well
Kite was killed around the time they realized brains were the best food right? So Pitou probably just gave the brain to the queen and keep his body so he could play with it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Of all the ants Pitou really got his shit pushed in. Feel a little sorry for him (but then I remember kite). How long is the anime still running btw, now that it has basically caught up with the manga?

i'd describe the next arc as part one piece, part politics (bigger part but awesome)

I don't know how HxH can be OP-like, but the bolder part is getting me hot and bothered.

Awesome finale to the Chimera Ant arc, but it doesn't stop hold it's punches, leading to fucking Ging showing up at the end. This show really knows how to keep you hooked. Goddamn.

Big One

Banned
I don't know how HxH can be OP-like, but the bolder part is getting me hot and bothered.

Awesome finale to the Chimera Ant arc, but it doesn't stop hold it's punches, leading to fucking Ging showing up at the end. This show really knows how to keep you hooked. Goddamn.
I think he's referring the the designs of the Zodiac. They look like rejected One Piece characters tbh.

Erigu

I think he's referring the the designs of the Zodiac. They look like rejected One Piece characters tbh.
Yeah, it feels a bit like Togashi couldn't stop making weird animal/human hybrids after the Chimera Ants. I realize that gives him a bunch of options in terms of character design, but c'mon, that's a lot of weird people all of a sudden.

(... then again, I think that, and then I see Beans...)

Jex

You know, if you just post stuff in spoiler tags, and people don't even know what the tags relate to, that's extremely unhelpful.

botty

Banned
The next arc is very different in tone. You definitely want to continue. Also,
The arc really isn't completely over yet.

Of all the ants Pitou really got his shit pushed in. Feel a little sorry for him (but then I remember kite). How long is the anime still running btw, now that it has basically caught up with the manga?

i'd describe the next arc as part one piece, part politics (bigger part but awesome)

Can I expect the show to be about Gon again?

Well
Kite was killed around the time they realized brains were the best food right? So Pitou probably just gave the brain to the queen and keep his body so he could play with it.

But Kite wasn't like the soldier dolls whom Pitou controlled with her strings right? Since Pitou was shown performing brain surgery on that one hunter I assumed it was similar manipulation. He would need at least a portion of his brain to maintain his autonomous reflexes. Maybe she lobotomized half of it to serve to the queen and the other half for zombie Kite lol.

So how long is this arc approx?

I think the consensus is about 13.

So we got 3 months of HxH left. I'm trying to stave off the desire to read the manga.

Yonafunu

For fucks sake, at least tag manga spoilers as MANGA SPOILERS if you can't help yourself. Get that shit outta here.

And for the record, you don't have to tag discussion on the latest episode. It's already aired, so it's fine to discuss openly.

phaze

I thought the Reina reunion was sadder than the King and Komugi...lol.

next episode :)

Same, and I completely forger about her.

Gon sure went about finding Ging the wrong way. All it took was one call from Hunter HQ and he showed up. Where was he and all the those other "zodiacs" when their chairman was sacrificing his life ? This organization doesn't make a shred of sense.

Fine episode that did a good job of tying all loose ends, the ultimate denouement reminds me a bit of the Pain Arc.

MCD

For fucks sake, at least tag manga spoilers as MANGA SPOILERS if you can't help yourself. Get that shit outta here.

And for the record, you don't have to tag discussion on the latest episode. It's already aired, so it's fine to discuss openly.

I used to discuss aired episodes openly but I feel it's better this way and some don't watch previews so gotta tag that too so might as well tag everything.

Top Bottom