• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

smurfx

get some go again
One question I have to ask...what happens to the King after the queen has given birth to him? Is Mereum supposed to find a mate and impregnate her, giving rise to the next generation of ants?

Was him getting attached to Komugi just as much the product of his ant instinct (to find someone worthy for the sole purpose of continuing the line) as his human half?
komugi was 100% his human side making him forget his ant instincts. this is why pouf wanted komugi dead since he knew she was making the king forget his true role and that was creating a kingdom for the chimera ants.

Nibel

Nibel x 136

Good episode. Chimera Ant arc finally over it seems, even though I expect some of them to appear in the near future (that being said: what happened to Cheetu after he ran off following Meruem and Netero?). Lots of great feels in the village; I missed the 'good/happy' music in HxH since the last few episode were full of tension.

Seems like the next big event will be the election, and a lot of badasses appear. I admit that even though I should have expected it seeing Ging appear in front of the building made me drop my jaw for some reason, hehe.

Also, I wonder what Killua is up to - my brother has the theory that he might try to find the Phantom Troupe to get their healer helping Gon, but I'm not sure how that should work.

Nibel

Rewatch episode 117. :p

Oooooooooooooooooooooh

wee-bey.gif

Totally forgot about that :lol

Snakeyes

Sadly i'm starting to think this series will never end, and if it will it won't be in the same way of other shonen mangas.
Not for the delays, but because it seems to lack that certain focus that pushes things to the end (defeating bad guys in Naruto/Bleach/DBZ, finding the One Piece).
And that's a good thing. At some point you start getting tired of the recycled shonen tropes, so it's nice to see HxH trying to do things in an unorthodox way and doing it well, for the most part.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Episode 136 spoilers:

I don't get. Kite is not dead? Did he transform his soul into a loli? Sigh. I don't like it. Dead people should stay dead.
There are hints all over the place; remember that Nen powers are risk based, so he probably had a hidden power in exchange of having a shitty power like the roulette (and that hiddne power is being immortal or something). Killua mentions this in the episode were Kite was showing his powers, he realize he has a stupidly inconvenient power and wonders why he chose something like that.

Philippo

And that's a good thing. At some point you start getting tired of the recycled shonen tropes, so it's nice to see HxH trying to do things in an unorthodox way and doing it well, for the most part.

Oh don't misunderstand me, i love the writing (and basically everything else) and how unconventional it is, but it's sheer quantity of events/places/characters/lore and continuos changes of plot for every arc makes me wonder if Togashi even has an ending in mind, or is he just thinking about the imminent next adventure.

I wonder what kind of nen type ging-san uses

He has to be an enhancer like Gon.

I like how Killua acknowledges his role in his relationship with Gon -- someone who cleans up after him -- but also not being a pushover by holding him accountable for his reckless actions.

Yonafunu

There are hints all over the place; remember that Nen powers are risk based, so he probably had a hidden power in exchange of having a shitty power like the roulette (and that hiddne power is being immortal or something). Killua mentions this in the episode were Kite was showing his powers, he realize he has a stupidly inconvenient power and wonders why he chose something like that.

Why not just assume his brain was fed to the queen? I don't think Pitou would kill somebody that strong and then not feed at least part of him to the queen, as is his duty.
As far as we know Pitou only needs a body to control, we never got any details.

Snakeyes

Oh don't misunderstand me, i love the writing (and basically everything else) and how unconventional it is, but it's sheer quantity of events/places/characters/lore and continuos changes of plot for every arc makes me wonder if Togashi even has an ending in mind, or is he just thinking about the imminent next adventure.
Based on some stuff he showed (or made sure to omit) earlier in the story that foreshadowed current events, I feel like he's got the basic plotline and important developments figured out but often has trouble filling in the blanks with quality material, hence the hiatuses.

Well, that and Dragon Quest.

Shouta

Episode 136 spoilers:

I don't get. Kite is not dead? Did he transform his soul into a loli? Sigh. I don't like it. Dead people should stay dead.

It might have been glossed over in the show for time reasons but it's hinted in the manga as to how this is possible in the middle of the ant arc. I'll PM you the answer if you're interested.

Namikaze1

Finally!
Hisoka returns!
I don't know about you but after spending a weekend watching 131 episodes (watched the last 4 on Tuesday), I'm quite sick of the OP. I like it but my god, it's been stuck on my head since then and will continue being so for weeks to come.

Firehead

Isn't kite being reborn a bit of a plothole? He wasn't eaten.

Woah, yo, is this manga spoilers? I watched and rewatched 136 and don't see how or what made you guys start discussing and speculating about this. Am I missing something? Apologies if I am. But this just sounds like a huge spoiler, from what I'm able to make out of it.

And then there's the whole openly discussing of the previews on the last page... C'mon, guys. Respect the people that avoid watching the previews. :(

kirblar

Woah, yo, is this manga spoilers? I watched and rewatched 136 and don't see how or what made you guys start discussing and speculating about this. Am I missing something? Apologies if I am. But this just sounds like a huge spoiler, from what I'm able to make out of it.

And then there's the whole openly discussing of the previews on the last page... C'mon, guys. Respect the people that avoid watching the previews. :(
Did you not see the .gif 5 or so posts above while watching the show??

Yonafunu

Do you mean the Kite thing? No, you haven't missed anything. The little ant says she's called Kite, so we're assuming she might have Kite's memories or something like that, which would make her a reincarnation of Kite, in a way. Nothing has been confirmed yet, though.

Firehead

Wait people actually watch the OP every time we have a new episode? o_O

If you're skipping the OP, you're doing it wrong. Gotta know when you can smile and when you can try, yo.

Never gets old.

Now, One Piece's OP... Gotta skip that shit.

Firehead

Do you mean the Kite thing? No, you haven't missed anything. The little ant says she's called Kite, so we're assuming she might have Kite's memories or something like that, which would make her a reincarnation of Kite, in a way. Nothing has been confirmed yet, though.

Alright, I had to rewatch that scene eight times before I finally got it. Not as confused now. Now... I'm just more hype for the next episode! :D

Yonafunu

Wait people actually watch the OP every time we have a new episode? o_O

Departure is awesome, man.
I remember seeing the CA version of the opening for the first time. Fucking goosebumps man, to this day. I still can't believe the freaking Chimera Ant arc actually got animated.

Tuck

Nope, not a manga spoiler. Stated explicitly in episode 136.

It might have been glossed over in the show for time reasons but it's hinted in the manga as to how this is possible in the middle of the ant arc. I'll PM you the answer if you're interested.
Time reasons? Considering the snails pace the show moved at during certain points of the arc, I think time-constraints would be a pretty poor excuse for cutting anything.

I always skip openings, even the ones that I love
Attack on Titan is an except, though. I don't know why
. It stops being interesting after a certain point.

Departure is awesome, man.
I remember seeing the CA version of the opening for the first time. Fucking goosebumps man, to this day. I still can't believe the freaking Chimera Ant arc actually got animated.

Eh not to shit on Departure, but it always felt weird having such a happy sounding OP considering how dark this arc was, same with the phantom troupe arc way back when.

Top Bottom