• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Yonafunu

Eh not to shit on Departure, but it always felt weird having such a happy sounding OP considering how dark this arc was, same with the phantom troupe arc way back when.

That didn't even come up that first time. I was too giddy seeing Kite, Knuckle, Shoot, Morel, Knov, Palm, and especially Pitou, Pouf, Youpi and Meruem animated. That last part of the OP with the Royal Guards and Meruem still gives me goosebumps. I'll never get over it

Shouta

Time reasons? Considering the snails pace the show moved at during certain points of the arc, I think time-constraints would be a pretty poor excuse for cutting anything.

Considering how much damn text they have in the manga about the most random of things, I don't think they'd want to bore the viewer to death, lol.

Quick glancing through the manga, I might be mis-remembering. There's just so much text in this arc at times in the manga version it's like a newspaper more than a manga.

Jigolo

Jeez I must be the crazy one. I usually watch the OPs and EDs when they change in some sort of way. Next week's HxH is a perfect example. Other than that I watch it every now and then. I've probably seen the OP of HxH since the CA arc like 5-6 times total and each ending they changed 1 time each.

Unless I really like the OP (Samurai Champloo) I usually skip it if it's the same one every time.

Shun

It's better in my opinion.

Better cause Toei isn't fucking it up.

I've followed One Piece on Weekly Jump for the past 16, almost 17 years now so One Piece will have that place in my heart.

As much as I loved Togashi and YuYu Hakusho, HUNTERxHUNTER had too many hiatuses and breaks in between, more so than One Piece so I couldn't really get into it.

Good thing Madhouse made this for people like me to catch up.

Considering how much damn text they have in the manga about the most random of things, I don't think they'd want to bore the viewer to death, lol.

Quick glancing through the manga, I might be mis-remembering. There's just so much text in this arc at times in the manga version it's like a newspaper more than a manga.

No your not, some chapters are super super super text filled in this arc.

Jex

Wait people actually watch the OP every time we have a new episode? o_O

Crazy people.
Eh not to shit on Departure, but it always felt weird having such a happy sounding OP considering how dark this arc was, same with the phantom troupe arc way back when.
It's pretty much impossible for a single song to capture the tone of every arc, which one of the many reasons every other show changes it's tune frequently.

MartyStu

Man, the Chimera arc is relentless dark.

I have loved this show until now. Not sure if I can force myself to get through it :(

Man, the Chimera arc is relentless dark.

I have loved this show until now. Not sure if I can force myself to get through it :(

I don't really get when people complain about this, isn't it a GOOD thing Togashi is pushing the typical Shounen writing to the limit with this story? If the new anime conveyed the dark aspects of the series properly earlier it probably wouldn't look that grim in retrospect.

The Jones heart pulling scene is still truly shocking in the original compared to 2011.

MartyStu

I don't really get when people complain about this, isn't it a GOOD thing Togashi is pushing the typical Shounen writing to the limit with this story? If the new anime conveyed the dark aspects of the series properly earlier it probably wouldn't look that grim in retrospect.

The Jones heart pulling scene is still truly shocking in the original compared to 2011.

Well, when things get that depressing, my bar for writing quality raises up quite a bit.

Not that it matters, I am already getting the shakes from not watching.

SOLDIER

It's worth it. Next arc is much more fun.

This is what I'm worried about.

I know nothing of the manga, but I really am hoping the Chimera Ant arc was a tipping point in the series that forever changed the tone and characters. If the other arc is back to a typical Shonen series that doesn't take the experiences of the previous arc into account, then I feel like dropping the series on a good note.

kirblar

I know nothing of the manga, but I really am hoping the Chimera Ant arc was a tipping point in the series that forever changed the tone and characters. If the other arc is back to a typical Shonen series that doesn't take the experiences of the previous arc into account, then I feel like dropping the series on a good note.
The arc is pretty much "the boys go to war", so yeah, it changes a lot.

The tone will always vary arc to arc depending on which genre he's screwing with though.

Killua

Episode 136 was fantastic. Raina's scene was beautiful. When Gon's dad appeared at the end, I was like, oh snap! I can't wait for the next episode. I love this show.

not sure if that makes much sense I mean people go through hardships all the time but that doesn't mean they should be in a bad place forever. same with this imo. they had a tough time but they'll get over it eventually you know

Akainu

Have we been watching the same anime? Fun in Hunter x Hunter could include am absolute blood bath mixed with the same intrigue it's always had.

upandaway

Just watched 134-135. I'll, well, I'll watch 136 later, I think. I'll also... read up on the thread reactions later. Yeah um, later.

Moaradin

Are they starting up the next arc without any breaks? Really excited for what's to come judging from the ending of the latest episode and the preview :p

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 136 GIFs

elcogm.gif

zhznci.gif

jcyqsh.gif

Mortemis

Banned
Just watched 134-136, and damn. I held them back pretty well but some parts just made the tears roll on through. Great ending to a great arc.

Have we been watching the same anime? Fun in Hunter x Hunter could include a absolute blood bath mixed the the same intrigue it's always had.

Which is why Yorknew will forever be my favorite.

DNLSDHGLKSDGLKSDHGLUSDHFOA;ODSIGH

Looks like we're on the same wavelength panda. ;(

upandaway

I was definitely not ready to watch those 3 episodes in a row at 2 AM in the dark. Took me out of it for the entire night and next morning. Reina definitely hit me harder than King/Komugi for a lot of reasons.

Also caught up on the thread, about the Uvogin to Ants comparison, I'd say the higher tier Spiders would be on par with the invasion force (Morel/etc) if only their abilities were more flexible. All of the combative Spiders' abilities are heavily combat oriented, but against other humans in mind. They won't scale well to the Royal Guards at all, Uvogin being the most pronounced example. As it stands none of the spiders would be able to survive an encounter, even if they had Meleoron.
Chrollo being the exception of course

Newt

I was definitely not ready to watch those 3 episodes in a row at 2 AM in the dark. Took me out of it for the entire night and next morning. Reina definitely hit me harder than King/Komugi for a lot of reasons.

Also caught up on the thread, about the Uvogin to Ants comparison, I'd say the higher tier Spiders would be on par with the invasion force (Morel/etc) if only their abilities were more flexible. All of the combative Spiders' abilities are heavily combat oriented, but against other humans in mind. They won't scale well to the Royal Guards at all, Uvogin being the most pronounced example. As it stands none of the spiders would be able to survive an encounter, even if they had Meleoron.
Chrollo being the exception of course
Ehh, I can see Feitan or Hisoka making easy work of the Royal guards.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I was reminded now that it was heavily implied, in the first part of the arc, that Colt had been born with the memories from Reina's brother Kurt. It would be nice to see those two come together.

Biochet

Ehh, I can see Feitan or Hisoka making easy work of the Royal guards.

Hisoka is the goat, but nope.

Pitou/Youpi will fuck up hisoka faster than he could swirl his tongue around.

Pouf isn't on there because anybody could slay that bitch.

Big One

Banned
Hisoka struggled against Razor. Though it wasn't a fight, it was still a test of strength.

Yeah I'm hoping for a hiatus after the Election arc.
Give Togashi a bit of time to finish the Dark Continent arc to finally end this long running series.

Hisoka struggled against Razor. Though it wasn't a fight, it was still a test of strength.

Give Togashi a bit of time to finish the Dark Continent arc to finally end this long running series.

That's the last arc?

Yonafunu

No manga stuff, man.

Top Bottom