• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Oh...do the requests become less extreme if a wish isn't granted?

From what I understand, after the extreme requests have been denied and the extreme punishment has been dealt out, the next requests goes back to 'normal'. It's essentially a reset button. I suspect that is how Killua is gonna try to save Gon? But still...a lot of people will die.

tumblr_n8rv7lUmy41se7r5uo1_500.jpg

How odd to have such fantastic moments like these and even some quality bonding between father and son (one of the best scenes in the show I believe, their promise and understanding etc), to such gruesome intense extreme scenes, I wasnt even prepared or ready.

Though why they always put Killua in these most extreme situations never doing anything for himself but for others. Its just not right and unfair. Fervently praying that we can avoid something as menacing and distressing as organs or dangerous deeds.

The millionaire blimp scene was odd, it did 67 people but not the pilots etc? Or would it have been her family?

tumblr_n8rv7lUmy41se7r5uo1_500.jpg

How odd to have such fantastic moments like these and even some quality bonding between father and son (one of the best scenes in the show I believe, their promise and understanding etc), to such gruesome intense extreme scenes, I wasnt even prepared or ready.

Though why they always put Killua in these most extreme situations never doing anything for himself but for others. Its just not right and unfair. Fervently praying that we can avoid something as menacing and distressing as organs or dangerous deeds.

The millionaire blimp scene was odd, it did 67 people but not the pilots etc? Or would it have been her family?

The pilots were just a means for the money that was the wish to appear. How and why (this method) Akulla did it is unknown. They had no connection to the wisher and it's only the next person who's asked for their body parts that the connection took part of. As of the method of choosing who dies, that will become more clear in future episodes.

It was her, her lover and immediate family and friends, I believe.

Btw, was it a mistranslation or something? Being a millionaire doesn't seem like much in this universe when some kids like Gon and Killua can win BILLIONS by themselves at that arena.

Ruuppa

Neato episode. I really like Alluka's powers. Will be interesting to see how the two resolve his requests afterwards, assuming they do the good guy -thing and pay it.

But seriously now. That's a guy? Stop confusing people, Togashi!

FluxWaveZ

Yo, Alluka's some nightmare shit. Killua should just walk away and leave her/him (kinda confused on the gender since it seems both have been used for them) locked up.

MCD

I thought his/her power is just waaaaay too convenient for the plot. yeah, yeah. a spine, a liver and a brain. they will get around that I am sure.

fuck this kid. pariston is the star of this arc.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I didn't like the black square border in this episode, either. It looked stupid. I also hate the outro woo hoo that transitions into the credits. It's so inappropriate imo and doesn't fit the moment at all.

Aside from that, the episode was awesome. Alluka is terrifying. So terrifying.

MCD

About the gender thing, I expected a girl because the family already got a similar confusing kid. You know, that boy who joined the spiders.

kewlmyc

About the gender thing, I expected a girl because the family already got a similar confusing kid. You know, that boy who joined the spiders.

...that's a boy?

Eh whatever. Alluka is some freaky shit. Like really freaky shit. It's weird how Killua didn't know about nen before the nen training, but apparently most of his family uses it. Killua is clearly going to wish for Gon to go back to normal, but I wonder how fucked the next person is who asks Alluka something is.

MCD

...that's a boy?

Eh whatever. Alluka is some freaky shit. Like really freaky shit. It's weird how Killua didn't know about nen before the nen training, but apparently most of his family uses it. Killua is clearly going to wish for Gon to go back to normal, but I wonder how fucked the next person is who asks Alluka something is.

According to wiki, yes.

Lulubop

All of Silva's kids biologically male. Alluka just seemingly identifies as female. Simple.

bigkrev

Well, that's a pretty fucked up power!
I'm liking this, but i'm already sick of this voting stuff. This isn't interesting enough that you can stretch it out this long. They need to start adding more wrinkles to the formula next episode.

You know my biggest thing is how unreasonable the requests are after the money wish.

I mean Alluka/s next set up requests by their very nature cannot be fulfilled. I mean you cannot give her your liver, duodenum, spine and brain. Dear lord I'd hate to me the person who meets her after someone wishes to rule the world or some other huge grand wish. She'd probably ask you for the souls of everyone on earth.

Have there been any specific references to Alluka's gender outside of Illumi referring to Alluka as a younger brother and the male term used by the servants? Alluka's gender expression is definitely purposely ambiguous, though. (Or not, since Alluka would seem to identify as a girl.)
It was her, her lover and immediate family and friends, I believe.

Btw, was it a mistranslation or something? Being a millionaire doesn't seem like much in this universe when some kids like Gon and Killua can win BILLIONS by themselves at that arena.
Yeah, it was a mistranslation. She definitely asks, "Could you please make me a billionaire?" Also, she definitely survived (...the wish, at least) since you see her begging for forgiveness in a few scenes after that.

I mean Alluka/s next set up requests by their very nature cannot be fulfilled. I mean you cannot give her your liver, duodenum, spine and brain. Dear lord I'd hate to me the person who meets her after someone wishes to rule the world or some other huge grand wish. She'd probably ask you for the souls of everyone on earth.
I wonder if the rules could be bent in such a way that it doesn't count as refusing a request if you merely ignore them without answering. (Or...if you happen to be wearing earplugs at the time, knock Alluka out, or run like hell.)

Have there been any specific references to Alluka's gender outside of Illumi referring to Alluka as a younger brother and the male term used by the servants? Alluka's gender expression is definitely purposely ambiguous, though. (Or not, since Alluka would seem to identify as a girl.)Yeah, it was a mistranslation. She definitely says, "Could you please make me a billionaire?"

I wonder if the rules could be bent in such a way that it doesn't count as refusing a request if you merely ignore them without answering. (Or...if you happen to be wearing earplugs at the time, knock Alluka out, or run like hell.)
Actually I just found the rules of the requests and wishes, but ya know manga spoilers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I already love this arc. All the new characters seem interesting.

Can't wait to know what the fuck is about to happen (and when Kurapika and Leorio will actually show up and do something again).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Have there been any specific references to Alluka's gender outside of Illumi referring to Alluka as a younger brother and the male term used by the servants? Alluka's gender expression is definitely purposely ambiguous, though. (Or not, since Alluka would seem to identify as a girl.)Yeah, it was a mistranslation. She definitely asks, "Could you please make me a billionaire?" Also, she definitely survived (...the wish, at least) since you see her begging for forgiveness in a few scenes after that.

Last episode there's literally a family picture of the Zoldycks, where Alluka is walking away from the camera in jeans/shirt while Illumi calls him a male. Then this ep threw a wrench in this stuff.

Seems like Killua may not have too much trouble, as long as what's his face didn't ask for like an alien computer from the future or something like that.

For all the people saying Killua is fucked, negative, it's the people AFTER Killua that're genuinely fucked. I can see why she's locked away, she's like a living wish appliance. Seems to have no real personality besides asking for stuff and granting wishes/murdering you.

The Illumi they may both be dead reference seems like good foreshadowing though.

Also, Kalluto being a male is a megaton.

Erigu

Biologically male. Female otherwise.
I'm pretty sure the reason for that "brother/sister" ambiguity has never been elaborated upon, actually.

According to wiki, yes.
Well, it's not like the people who edit that wiki have insider knowledge or anything like that...

Yeah, it was a mistranslation. She definitely asks, "Could you please make me a billionaire?"
"Okumanchouja" is just used for someone who's particularly wealthy. It's not really specific beyond that.

"Okumanchouja" is just used for someone who's particularly wealthy. It's not really specific beyond that.
It would still be more accurate than "a millionaire", IMO, unless she said 百万長者.
Does it matter?
No, but the person who brought it up felt that the translation lacked impact, making her seem Dr. Evil-esque. Unless you are referring to Alluka, in which case just forget everything I said.

mhs004

Does it matter?

It may matter to the story and explain the power in some way so yes.....yes it does matter. We are not bashing any sexuality here we are just trying to come up with answers that may help us understand the story or character in some way.

Who know's it may or may not matter but can be a reasonable part of discussion.

Well, yes and no, considering the TV then shows 9 digits (if I remember well?)...
Actually, now that you mention it, I seem to remember seeing the number 400,000,000. I guess the issue then is whether one needs to specify "multi-millionaire" rather than "millionaire" to get the same intended effect. Not that it matters.

Nephtis

Doh, I don't usually follow author's lives. Makes sense.

A screencap for convenience.

Did the manga have that too? I can't remember for the life of me.

Still, given the timing w/ SM Crystal being out... That's some great product placement, haha

demidar

Did the manga have that too? I can't remember for the life of me.

Still, given the timing w/ SM Crystal being out... That's some great product placement, haha

No idea, I don't read the manga. I also initially thought it was to coincide with the new SM anime.

Heyt

Banned
Amazing episode, the premises for the character sound great for hxh and the tone was spot on. Much more interested in this arc now!

Philippo

wth Alluka is creepy as fuck. And why her family keeps calling her a "he"? Damn you japanese transgender!
Anyway really great episode, it sets up a lot for Killua, i can see him fighting his family for Alluka's rights. And fuck yeah, Zoldyk Theme is back! Also Killua's mother is almost attractive without the bandages lol.
And the election sure is turning into full Game of Thrones / Death Note, plotting wise.

Extra points for Alluka playing with Sailor Moon toys, that was a nice easter egg.

Mael

Good god I ddin't need to see that...
Not a fan of the frame in the flashback, too. The series had flashbacks before and they weren't used.

Well, this was Explanations x Explanations, and a bit more of Pariston being a smart pain in the ass. I liked when Killua turned his dad's promise over him to win the argument, and the big dog in the room. There is a bit of retcon? with Killua thinking "how did I allow having my little sister locked away? Surely it was Illumi's needle" when truly I think Alluka's character wasn't still in Togashi's mind.
Overall it hasn't advanced the plot a lot, but we are still in the setup phase.

We never knew when Illumi put the needle in Killua, it's hinted that it was prior to the serie's beginning since we see Killua react the same way from the start till the confrontation with the ant where he removes the needle.
Same way we've heard of all the Zoldick's children since they first went to the mountain trying to get Killua back.
We've just never seen Alluka before now (and Kalluto before Greed Island).
Btw what the hell is Kalluto doing in the Brigade?
Trying to get back Killua or Alluka?
Why does Kalluto even need the Brigade considering that he can find people just right?
Did Kalluto need the exorcist for Alluka to get rid of the weird nen?

Top Bottom