• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

upandaway

Leorio knows Gon would say that, but that's just Gon being Gon. Leorio wants Ging to visit him in spite of Gon's wishes because it might trigger a reaction.

It would be like a patient not wanting medicine because he wants to get over the disease by himself, you don't listen to him

Gon wouldn't have any motivation to see the world and meet all these unique people if it wasn't for Ging making it hard to find him. I guess Ging figuring that Gon was going to be just like him, needed to give him a challenge because he's a hunter in every sense of the word. This is not your typical father/son relationship. He wanted to teach him how to love to be a hunter.

upandaway

Gon wouldn't have any motivation to see the world and meet all these unique people if it wasn't for Ging making it hard to find him. I guess Ging figuring that Gon was going to be just like him, needed to give him a challenge because he's a hunter in every sense of the word. This is not your typical father/son relationship. He wanted to teach him how to love to be a hunter.
I... I mean, I agree with the Ging giving Gon a push angle, sure. The anime prettied it a little compared to the manga, but still, Greed Island did happen.

But I don't think Ging abandoning Gon had anything to do with Gon at all. I, uh, at all. Like, at all. He totally abandoned him man. Gon's motivation for finding Ging was fostered by Kite and Gon himself. Even with the incredibly silly argument (that the anime tried to pass) that Ging somehow predicted everything in Gon's life, predicting things doesn't mean he had anything to do with them when he didn't have anything to do with them.

Yonafunu

Yeah, Ging is just a shitty father. There's not much more to say about it. They kind of joke about it, but he's incredibly selfish. He pretty much only cares about his own enjoyment.
Of course, there's some things he seems to care about at least a bit, like passing on Netero's spirit. He did show up at the meeting, so there's at least that.

I thought the point was that he was a shitty dad, with some other good qualities, and how they deal with it.

I think this honor/teaching him how to be hunter is not the reason he is doing it this way, just a way to explain away/excuse/deal with him being a selfish, bad father figure.

But hey, this is why this show is great. Different angles and perspectives. That's how I see it at least. He's a shitty dad.

Bunch of assumptions here. But you're right, let's not start this again. It's not relevant.

In any case, we must refer to all characters with xe instead of he or she, if only to be respectful to the biracial bisexual humans that were turned into chimera ants. Clearly.

kirblar

In any case, we must refer to all characters with xe instead of he or she, if only to be respectful to the biracial bisexual humans that were turned into chimera ants. Clearly.
The Ants were Togashi's secret way of teaching everyone about Ant biology and genders.

Nibel

Nibel X Hunter 140

On the one hand, Ging is a awful father who only cares for his own enjoyment. On the other hand, it's Ging and he probably has some aces up his sleeve.

IVS2UHD.gif

Nonetheless, that punch came out of nowhere and was great. Loved how they said that the footage can be found and watched on the Hunter website
KuGsj.gif

You do know Alluka is biologically a boy, but identifies as a girl.

Why must you confuse me further...

Then again, I thought Kurapika was a girl in disguise until the Yorknew arc, so I guess it's not that surprising. I thought Togashi had a thing for androgynous characters, but he's legitimately doing it on purpose now. Should have been made obvious by the Chimera Ants.

Jigolo

Why must you confuse me further...

Then again, I thought Kurapika was a girl in disguise until the Yorknew arc, so I guess it's not that surprising. I thought Togashi had a thing for androgynous characters, but he's legitimately doing it on purpose now. Should have been made obvious by the Chimera Ants.

300px-KuramaOfficial.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140127025833/yuyuhakusho/images/thumb/f/f3/KuramaOfficial.png/300px-KuramaOfficial.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

May I add:
[quote][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130622010332/yuyuhakusho/images/1/1f/Genkai.jpg

In the Philippines, he was dubbed as an old male for a very long time, so when
they finally got to her younger form, it was a massive screw up since they HAD to give her a female voice. Same goes for Kurama, except Kurama was initialliy dubbed female then changed to male fairly quickly.

May I add:

In the Philippines, he was dubbed as an old male for a very long time, so when
they finally got to her younger form, it was a massive screw up since they HAD to give her a female voice. Same goes for Kurama, except Kurama was initialliy dubbed female then changed to male fairly quickly.

God, this confused me so much as a kid. Still, Yu Yu Hakusho made me love anime (along with Voltes V *high five* :)

Can't believe they dropped like 100 episodes of this today on Netflix.

Personally I didn't like the HxH movie, it had the characters, the music, and the setting but it didn't feel like HxH at all to me.

Which one the first or second movie? The first movie I felt was pretty mediocre, it had some good ideas but it felt like Togashi was half-assing it. Is The Last Mission subbed now?

Personally I didn't like the HxH movie, it had the characters, the music, and the setting but it didn't feel like HxH at all to me.

Sadly most long running Shounun movies tend to be weak due to the lack of time to really get the story done instead of rushing it. Only one I feel is the exception is the One Piece: Omatsuri Danshaku to Himitsu no Shima.

faint.

Can't believe they dropped like 100 episodes of this today on Netflix.

Which one the first or second movie? The first movie I felt was pretty mediocre, it had some good ideas but it felt like Togashi was half-assing it. Is The Last Mission subbed now?

Yeah, it's subbed. You can find it on various sites in good quality. If you need a link PM me (just being safe in case this is against the rules).

Siegcram

I'm just gonna drop by here to say I started HxH yesterday and am at episode 50 now. This show is awesome. Will be the first shonen I stick with past episode 100.

Now I'm gonna back out since apparently sick shit goes down that I don't wanna have spoiled.

Erigu

He had some involvement with the first one though and wrote that chapter about Kurapika's past that I never did read.
Togashi wrote that story about Kurapika years before the movie was greenlit.
As far as I know, the only involvement he had with the movie was that he said "sure, go ahead and use some stuff from that Kurapika story I wrote way back" and drew an illustration with the bad guy.

Top Bottom