• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Soriku

I thought this episode was awesome. Gotta love the crazy Zoldyck family. Illumi is literally the devil; someone ought to put him in his place. I can't tell if he really likes Killua or not. Is it just tough love?

All the internal affairs information was pretty good and I thought the car crash part was cool. The music went well too.

Thought it was weird that Tsubone didn't like Illumi and Milluki since they were too much like their mom when Tsubone's comments about Killua being a great assassin seemed like something his mom would say.

Looking forward to Hisoka and Gotoh next week. Gotoh's power seems cool.

smurfx

get some go again
I thought this episode was awesome. Gotta love the crazy Zoldyck family. Illumi is literally the devil; someone ought to put him in his place. I can't tell if he really likes Killua or not. Is it just tough love?
illumi is freaking obsessed with killua. the reason why he went all out is because he knows killua can survive that car crash but alluka can't.

Moaradin

Enjoyed that episode. Expected it to be super budget based on the comments, but it was fine for the most part considering there wasn't much action. The brief exchange at the end looked good. I really love the dynamic between Killua and Alluka, and the butlers are awesome. Illumi is pretty scary. Hisoka is great for trolling him like that, lol.

Fight next week is gonna be hype.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Where was the animation in this episode? It was terrible ;(

Aside from like no animation, it was interesting. I enjoyed this part in the manga way more than in the anime.

Moaradin

Can someone show me what they mean by "the animation was bad"? Because as far as I can tell, it wasn't.

I'm guessing most of it would be the car scene, but it worked fine. Most of the episode was talking so I don't really mind. The scene with Killua using Godspeed looked fine and so did the brief exchange between Gotoh and Hisoka.

Hisoka makes me so hard.

I find it so strange his friendship with Illumi. He is someone who loves testing himself, but has yet to show any real signs of wanting to challenge illumi
unless it is all part of his plan, as Illumi was one of the toys he finds amusing

wildfire

Banned
If Hisoka got a taste of Biksy's true aura, it would summon his bloodlust.

SZ6BMTw.gif

Would be an extremely good fight.

He would get food poisoning.

Tizoc

I tend to refer to the Zoldyck Family as the 'Zodiac Family', mainly as I disliked Togashi's gibberish words...but now that there is already a group that is based on and can be refered to as 'Zodiac', it's gotten rather awkward lol.

Is it possible that Zoldyck is made up of specific japanese characters?

upandaway

Great Grandpa Zoldyck aka one of the greatest nen users in history. Considering the chart it is hilarious he has gotten to the age (and strength) he can give zero fucks about what is going on.

According to the manga (he was edited out of the anime) the only person to fight him and survive was Netero. Gives you an idea how strong he was.
That's really useful (and weirdly funny) thanks!
Can't really imagine Silva and Kikyo(?) act in love ahah.
For more Zoldyck family trivia, their Nen types are (according to the databook that was already out at the time of this arc, but spoilered just in case)

Maha - Enhancement
Zeno, Silva, Killua - Transmutation
Kikyo, Illumi, Milluki, Kalluto - Manipulation

So silver hair = transmutation and black hair = manipulation with the exceptions of Maha and Alluka, haha.

According to the manga (he was edited out of the anime) the only person to fight him and survive was Netero. Gives you an idea how strong he was.

I believe this is a misinterpretation. Netero and Zeno are old as hell. Netero is the only one who fought Zeno and is still alive. Others could have died of old age or other causes.

Philippo

So is it me or are some of the 16 Hunters running for the election foreshadowed for a future appearance (not necessarily this arc but even further)? Some of those designs seems too developed to only be seen as slides.
But it's also true that Togashi likes to develop things into details and then maybe just show a part of them (ie. Heaven's Arena Floor Masters, Meteor City etc.).

Nibel

Mindgames x Mindgames

Loved this episode, yet I must admit that I noticed the animation downgrade as well; nonetheless, I thought some scenes - Illumi showing his bloodlust towards Hisoka, Gotoh shooting coins - was done good enough. The cars looked terrible though, no details on them or anything..

Leorio being #3 is fucking hilarious though. Out of nowhere
KuGsj.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
By the way, I noticed that Netflix added Hunter x Hunter to its library. It goes all the way to the chimera ant arc and ends halfway through it if I remember correctly. If you haven't had a chance to catch it through Crunchyroll, nows your chance! It just kind of sucks a little bit because Netflix uses that ugly yellow text for the subtitles.

Newt

The arc is really slow and detailed at times. Shows off the perspective of many different characters. You'll like it if you're into that.

antibolo

Banned
I am about to get into the fabled Chimera Ant arc...

Is it overhyped or is it truly OMG?

You either love it or hate it.

One thing for sure is, it's definitely the bloodiest arc so far. If you thought the Phantom Troupe arc was already crossing the line in terms of ultraviolence in a shounen fighting story, you haven't seen nothing yet. Hard to believe that in Japan this is a anime intended for children... Oh Japan you are insane

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I got really bored and left during the Chimera Ant arc because frankly it sucked, but apparently that's over now. Which episode do I restart at for the start of the current arc?

kirblar

Okay, so I got really bored and left during the Chimera Ant arc because frankly it sucked, but apparently that's over now. Which episode do I restart at for the start of the current arc?
Go back and finish it. The CA arc and the next 2 flow into each other. It's a slog to get through, but the payoff is worth it.

antibolo

Banned

No way, you can't skip it, the next arc is entirely based around dealing with the consequences of the chimera arc. Go back and finish it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Go back and finish it. The CA arc and the next 2 flow into each other. It's a slog to get through, but the payoff is worth it.

I'd really rather just read a brief summary online. I was only really in it to see Gon smash Pitou because it had been teased for like 50 episodes. Once I got through that, any slight hype left ran out and then I got to the episode where Pouf orgasms over the king for 15 minutes post-explosion and just lost any and all motivation to see the resolution of the storyline. I'm definitely up for the HunterxHunter universe as a whole, I just don't care what happens to the king or the ants or any of the side characters from the Ants arc. I want to see Hisoka, the Phantom Troupe, more of the Hunter Organization, and the bits of the narrative I enjoy.

kirblar

I'd really rather just read a brief summary online. I was only really in it to see Gon smash Pitou because it had been teased for like 50 episodes. Once I got through that, any slight hype left ran out and then I got to the episode where Pouf orgasms over the king for 15 minutes post-explosion and just lost any and all motivation to see the resolution of the storyline. I'm definitely up for the HunterxHunter universe as a whole, I just don't care what happens to the king or the ants or any of the side characters from the Ants arc. I want to see Hisoka, the Phantom Troupe, more of the Hunter Organization, and the bits of the narrative I enjoy.
Oh, dude, you're almost done.

Astral

I started watching this on Netflix last week and didn't see what the big deal was. It was a fun show at first but I thought the exams dragged a bit and the ending was anticlimactic. The Heavens Arena arc was a lot more interesting though because it introduced Nen. It still wasn't that exciting till the very end. Holy shit the payoff was totally worth it. Gon vs. Hisoka was a damn good fight. Now everyone is on their way to some auction. I'm looking forward to seeing what this Phantom Troupe can do. Also, Hunting for your Dream might be one of the coolest songs I've ever heard.

Skele7on

Banned
SO I caught up and let me say this.

I'm not having that much fun with it at the moment. Well i am but a few things bugged me.

The way the king died sucked, ohhhhh we poisoned you LOL, come on mayne....

Such a weak end to what was a great great Ark
Looking forward to where this new one takes us, also I wanna see Kite again, even if he is a little girl now, :\ I like old Kite......

But it'll be cool though, just hope Gon is okay, (obviously he will be) but yeah.

Also Leorio hitting Ging was fantastic!

Put spoilers in as I don't want people to moan about me ruining it.

Looking forward to where this new one takes us, also I wanna see Kite again, even if he is a little girl now, :\ I like old Kite......

I'm interested, have you read the manga? Because it'd be weird to see anime only watchers be so attached to him considering the disconnection caused early on.

Hellraider

SO I caught up and let me say this.

I'm not having that much fun with it at the moment. Well i am but a few things bugged me.

The way the king died sucked, ohhhhh we poisoned you LOL, come on mayne....

Such a weak end to what was a great great Ark

But it'll be cool though, just hope Gon is okay, (obviously he will be) but yeah.

Also Leorio hitting Ging was fantastic!

Put spoilers in as I don't want people to moan about me ruining it.

Chimera Ant Ending Spoilers
Meruem's death wasn't anticlimactic. It was anti-trope. If it were every single other shounen the fight would have ended when Netero's bomb exploded. What we witnessed was a desperate attempt from the bad(?) guys to come back when the game was already over. Instead of ending with a bang it ends with a weep. It was original, it was emotional, it was brutal.

Skele7on

Banned
Chimera Ant Ending Spoilers
Meruem's death wasn't anticlimactic. It was anti-trope. If it were every single other shounen the fight would have ended when Netero's bomb exploded. What we witnessed was a desperate attempt from the bad(?) guys to come back when the game was already over. Instead of ending with a bang it ends with a weep. It was original, it was emotional, it was brutal.

This is true actually
I loved the last game of Gungi that caused me to have a lump in my throat.

I'm interested, have you read the manga? Because it'd be weird to see anime only watchers be so attached to him considering the disconnection caused early on.

I don't read the manga, I already read far too many for my time I just liked his style, he reminded me of Kisuke Urahara from bleach, that reserved but absolutely deadly but quirky guy I just thought he was well written.

jordisok

The chimera arc ending completely elevated this anime again for me when I kinda figured I had it down (and by extension the manga too I suppose, but I havent read that yet).

Top Bottom