• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

The guys arms just disappear full stop. No petals.

It isn't actually gory in the manga, just weird.

I can't remember the scene right now (what chapter was?) but in a manga you don't have continuous action, stuff happens between panels. We can imagine the arms were cut and fell to the ground outside the "camera", and that's why it they seem to "disappear".

shira

148 is the final HxH episode

Final? Togashi-san making more???

wikipedia said:
On April 22, 2014, it was announced that Hunter × Hunter will return to Weekly Shōnen Jump, in both Japanese and English editions. The series has been on hiatus since after the publication of chapter 340 in March 2012.[31] 2014's combined 22nd/23rd issue of Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine announced that Yoshihiro Togashi will resume the manga in the 27th issue on June 2, 2014.

shira

It could be another 10 years before there's enough material to adapt, unless they go the OVA route.

10 years
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

Started this on Netflix this week.

This show is superb. Nothing more to add.

I'm only on ep26 past the Killua Arc. So I'm outta here until I catch up.

Carry on, gents.

So depressed this show is ending, even though it was super obvious. Hopefully it won't be too many years before it can resume again, but either way, we're losing a great show very soon =(

But damn I'll never forget my memories of it and how it helped me get through the boredom of recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery. I love this show so much

kirblar

The current (post-Election) arc in the Manga seems like it's gonna be a long one, so sadly I think we're in for a long wait. :(

The current (post-Election) arc in the Manga seems like it's gonna be a long one, so sadly I think we're in for a long wait. :(

=*(

everyone in this thread should pick up the manga if they haven't already

this current arc is shaping up to be great

Seriously thinking about it considering how long it might be before we get another anime. But the anime is just SO GOOD and I wasn't spoiled to a single bit of it so I got to feel all those crazy emotions.

Kurtofan

Shit, well there's no way they can have anything resembling closure with the number of episodes left. Damn, you manga readers must have been cutting yourselves.

Don't worry, the end of the arc has closure.

The anime caught up because Togashi took a year long hiatus after concluding the current anime arc.

antibolo

Banned
Nooooooooo...

Are they going to be able to properly finish the current arc with only 6 episodes? I find that hard to believe.

Why can't they cancel Naruto or whatever instead. So salty right now.

Nooooooooo...

Are they going to be able to properly finish the current arc with only 6 episodes? I find that hard to believe.

Why can't they cancel Naruto or whatever instead. So salty right now.

The reason for the hiatus is so that the manga can push on ahead

better then getting fillers

antibolo

Banned
Now that my initial bitterness has calmed down I realize this is for the best, one of the great things about the HxH anime was is almost complete lack of filler, and there is no way they could preserve that integrity going forward. Oh well.

It would of been nice if MadHouse picked up another Shonen in the meantime... along side that parasite series
Either Yu Yu Hakusho or a reboot of Toriko (which may be too early for the latter)

Hyun Sai

Better prepare yourself for many years before they can do another HxH anime.

The current manga arc is something that might be incredibly long and dense.

the current chapters of the manga aren't badly drawn (pretty detailed).... text is quite dense though especially since it is weekly, progress would be more slower then someone who is use to the anime (which usually tosses in 3-4 chapters in one episode)

upandaway

For the entire length of the anime, start to finish, the manga progressed by like what, 30 chapters? Half of which are already being adapted right now. Kinda crazy to think about.

dan2026

If we are lucky and the manga continues without hiatuses, we may end up getting some OVAs to continue the anime.
Another ongoing series seems out of the question.

I would like to see Shaman King have a HxH-2011-esque adaption. I think it could be really entertaining.
Shaman King can get in line behind Rurouni Kenshin.
Now there is an anime that got screwed.

I hate it when Anime's don't follow the source material and/or butcher it with censored stuff and terrible animation/drawings
Feels low budget and just ruins epic scene from the original source
It happens all the time with the most recent one being Toriko :(

Damn Toei

Top Bottom