• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Yeah I didn't understand it either,

Hunters drop dead left and right but none of the Zodiacs seem to give a shit. This organisation doesn't make a shred of sense.

Hoping we will see more of Kurapika soon.

The Zodiacs don't really have to give a damn though, they aren't the authorities of the association, Netero just asked them to oversee the election, and they're his personal advisers or something, but I don't think they have any more actual power or authority in the association than any other Hunter.

Episode 143 spoilers!
Wait what just happened? Why did Illumi let Killua go? Why was Killua crying? Because he actually cares for Illumi too?

Edit: Oh was it because if Something heals someone, she doesn't ask for anything big back on her subsequent wishes? Would make sense as Killua seems to have no qualms about asking her to heal that bird before. He'd be adamant about it if there were big consequences.

Killua was crying because he was sad for Nanika/Alluka and wanted to protect her.
Illumi left because Killua didn't pose an immediate threat to the family anymore.

Hunter x Hunter Anime to End at Episode 148

posted on 2014-08-17 03:22 EDT

Voice actress of Gon insists on calling the episode the 'turning point' instead of the 'final episode'

Megumi Han posted her final diary about the recording of the Hunter x Hunter anime on Sunday, and revealed that episode 148 will be the final episode of the series.

The 'diary' was a column shared by Megumi Han, the voice of Gon Freecss, and her mother Keiko Han, who played Mito. In the column, she wrote:

Now that I've talked about the turning point for this column, there's something I want to talk about. The other day, at Sanbunzaka Studio, the place of all the beginnings, we conducted the recording for episode 148 of Hunter x Hunter, which will serve as the turning point for the anime for now. I will not say "final episode" myself. I will be stubborn and only call it "episode 148." I say this, because in terms of episode numbers, in a certain meaning, this will be the final episode, but I feel that it also feels like the start of a new beginning. If you ask me, episode 147 is the final episode, and 148 is sort of an epilogue. The original manga is still continuing, and the adventures haven't ended yet. An unknown world still awaits. Actually, it's like what has happened up until now in the story was nothing more than a prologue, and it gets me even more expecting for what's to come.
Though I say that, when I think that "I've been going to the same place every week at the same time for three years, but next week, this won't happen...," I get very sad.

...I know I shouldn't talk too much, but I will condense my feelings right here. To everything up until now, and to everyone, I say, "Thank you."

The 143rd episode of the anime will premiere in Japan this Tuesday

What does that even mean? Are you telling me HxH just started and all of this was just merely a "prologue" and Togashi is now starting get into the meat of things?

Moaradin

I really hope Madhouse comes back to HxH eventually. Would be fine if they did OVAs or smaller seasons when the material is there. Guess it all comes down to Togashi in the end.

fawaz

Banned
So depressed this show is ending, even though it was super obvious. Hopefully it won't be too many years before it can resume again, but either way, we're losing a great show very soon =(

But damn I'll never forget my memories of it and how it helped me get through the boredom of recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery. I love this show so much

Just had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday.

surgery took 10 minutes. then I pickup my meds and drove home.

What recovery are you speaking of?

Just had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday.

surgery took 10 minutes. then I pickup my meds and drove home.

What recovery are you speaking of?

Depends on the growth of wisdom teeth, as well as the situation of the bones in your jaw. If yours is as good as it gets then yeah no problem. For most people out there it's terrible. They could be impacted. They might have to chip or cut the teeth piece by piece. The teeth might be too lodged into the bone. Your nerves may get damaged and cause permanent numbness to your entire lower jaw.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This episode was great. So much tension. I prefer Hisoka's demonic face in the manga more than I did in the anime though when he's debating what to do. It looked so sinister in the manga than it did in the anime imo.

So I guess I'm going to have to start reading the manga now. I don't know why, but I like that it says everything feels like a prologue until now.

smurfx

get some go again
i was watching and i wondered if people were going to be left confused and sure enough. guess the manga explained things better.

upandaway

i was watching and i wondered if people were going to be left confused and sure enough. guess the manga explained things better.
I remember a bit of confusion at the time of the chapter too. Specifically some of the wrong interpretations in this thread popped up then, definitely.

It's the kind of thing that makes a lot more sense when you have the entire picture. If people are still confused by the time the arc's over then that's where I think manga readers should offer explanations.

Hisoka is so good,

Worst part of the episode was that the distance and time travelled made no sense.

Sad the show is taking a break. I wonder how long till they decide to make more episodes. I guess it means I can finally switch to the manga

Nibel

Nibel X Hunter 143

Finally a small glimpse of Pariston's true nature; I really hope that this arc might show more of his true self before the anime ends. Ging being replaced by a panda was great as well.

Seeing Killua cry because his own brother doesn't accept Alluka as a family member (or even as a human being) was sad. The reveal that Alluka needs to touch someone to heal and that she sleeps afterwards gave scumbag Illumi enough reason to stop bothering them, and I must say I expected this arc to be a cat-and-mouse game between Killua and Illumi, but based Togashi surprised me again.

But one thing needs to happen now: they need to be at the hospital the next episode because Hisoka made it to the Hunter HQ in no time and killed that dude. If I remember correctly, the hospital is pretty close to the HQ. Otherwise him arriving there much faster than the others would not make sense.

And yeah, Hisoka is fantastic as ever; this dude does not give a single fuck about anything else than fighting strong people that come close to his insanely high level.

Pretty decent episode.

BTW, I love the ending theme and keep it running every time a episode of this arc finishes. Does anybody on which soundtrack the song can be found or isn't it released yet?

Nibel X Hunter 143

Finally a small glimpse of Pariston's true nature; I really hope that this arc might show more of his true self before the anime ends. Ging being replaced by a panda was great as well.

Seeing Killua cry because his own brother doesn't accept Alluka as a family member (or even as a human being) was sad. The reveal that Alluka needs to touch someone to heal and that she sleeps afterwards gave scumbag Illumi enough reason to stop bothering them, and I must say I expected this arc to be a cat-and-mouse game between Killua and Illumi, but based Togashi surprised me again.

But one thing needs to happen now: they need to be at the hospital the next episode because Hisoka made it to the Hunter HQ in no time and killed that dude. If I remember correctly, the hospital is pretty close to the HQ. Otherwise him arriving there much faster than the others would not make sense.

And yeah, Hisoka is fantastic as ever; this dude does not give a single fuck about anything else than fighting strong people that come close to his insanely high level.

Pretty decent episode.

BTW, I love the ending theme and keep it running every time a episode of this arc finishes. Does anybody on which soundtrack the song can be found or isn't it released yet?

Hyori Ittai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKoD2CRr_KA

Nibel X Hunter 143

Pretty decent episode.

No sense what soever.

Yes, very nice. This music has such positive vibes I love it :)

:/

I can only imagine that the airships are the slowest mode of transport in the universe, but still doesnt make sense how all the hunters leave HQ and get killed before the airship arrives and how the butler gets to the meeting place so quick.

kewlmyc

Hisoka is so good,

Worst part of the episode was that the distance and time travelled made no sense.

Sad the show is taking a break. I wonder how long till they decide to make more episodes. I guess it means I can finally switch to the manga

Apparently we're really close to the manga, like only 2 volumes or so behind. I've also heard that the current arc in the manga is setting up to be the longest, so I doubt we'll see more animated HxH in a long while. Maybe 4 years or so if we're lucky and the author doesn't take more breaks.

Yonafunu

Apparently we're really close to the manga, like only 2 volumes or so behind. I've also heard that the current arc in the manga is setting up to be the longest, so I doubt we'll see more animated HxH in a long while. Maybe 4 years or so if we're lucky and the author doesn't take more breaks.

This is indeed the case. We're really fucking close. It'll take quite a while for the manga to create enough space for another anime, especially with the current arc in the manga, as you said.

upandaway

Kinda doubt we'll be that lucky, considering they just said today that he's taking 2 more weeks off due to back pain :(

kewlmyc

Kinda doubt we'll be that lucky, considering they just said today that he's taking 2 more weeks off due to back pain :(

C6LUMba.png

.....at least HxH isn't Berserk.

And yeah, Hisoka is fantastic as ever; this dude does not give a single fuck about anything else than fighting strong people that come close to his insanely

OBVIOUSLY he had already set up his nen at the HQ and then did the same thing he did in the fight with Gotoh so that he'd just be like "nyooooooom" and arrived quickly.

Obviously

This is indeed the case. We're really fucking close. It'll take quite a while for the manga to create enough space for another anime, especially with the current arc in the manga, as you said.

Yup, too damn close to even make the minimum 13 episodes that'd be required. Then let's add that said new arc is being setup to be huge and I wouldn't be surprised at it being as long or longer than the Chimera Ants. Then there's also the inevitable hiatuses.

... Yeah One Piece is totally gonna finish before HxH.

...God damn it, see what I mean?

Jigolo

Vol 3 (Ch 18-26) / Episode second half of 9 - Episode 15

- Loved the padding on Leorio's pervyness, lol
- Gon never suggested to bet on if he was an old man or a teenager in the manga
- Johness was never confronted by the fake Phantom troupe guy (who got slammed into the wall by Johness in the anime)
- Killua's badassness was censored
- Hisoka was censored once again
- The manga just skipped over the 50 hours of waiting while the anime almost dedicated a whole episode to them in that room
- Tonpa and Leorio never started fighting in the final room in the manga
- Gon got the idea of breaking the walls from the taskmasters (Johness [breaking the wall with his fingers]) and not by Tonpa and Leorio attempting to slash eachother with axes but instead breaking stone when they missed each other
- Gon never wrote a letter to Mito

EmiPrime

I feel like going on another anime binge... is Yu Yu Hakusho good? I watched half of it 15+ years ago but I can't remember anything about it. 6 episodes in and I am going to assume it's one of those series that takes a while to get going.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like going on another anime binge... is Yu Yu Hakusho good? I watched half of it 15+ years ago but I can't remember anything about it. 6 episodes in and I am going to assume it's one of those series that takes a while to get going.

Yes. Watch the dub, best shit-talking ever.

Moaradin

Yes, it's great. Much simpler than HxH is, but it's one of the best in it's genre. And yes, watch the dub.

zero_suit

Absolutely...a shonen classic.

TheChits

YYH is SOOOOOOOO good. Smile Bomb is my favorite opening ever.

Well that's unanimous! I'll stick with it.

Pretty much the only negative I can come up with for YuYu, is that the last arc is much weaker then the rest of the show/manga. Problem was that the arc seemed to be very rushed with it being only 17 episodes/22 chapters (compared to 40 chapters of the next smallest arc).

ss-hikaru

I always thought the Seirin dudes seemed pretty weak, but this episode just confirmed it LOL. Also didn't know Morel was a sea hunter and that he didn't consider himself a fighter/strong.

Dammit....I wanna know more about the little baby ant/Kite! But this Alluka stuff is pretty interesting. Kinda over the election bit itself though. Although Pariston is growing on me, he sure is amusing to watch.

Yuzu released a single with both Hyori Ittai and REASON on it. As well as some other HxH related songs. From memory it was pretty cheap.

A bit less striking a connection, but Pariston's voice actor used to voice Hisoka in the first animated adaptation.

Hey cool! Not that I really remember what the original Hisoka sounded like.

Top Bottom