• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Please tell me it was the dub you watched and yes Yusuke is in fact my favorite Shounen protagonist.

Yeah it was the dub.

Yusuke is the best example of the "likable arrogant asshole" that I can think of, certainly in anime.

Hell in any fiction that I can think of, sure there has been others but Yusuke is just so good

Exactly! I like people that are a bit rude in a good humored way, I think characters like that aren't very common, or at least it isn't common that they're so believable and easy to root for.

And Kurama is like the complete opposite personality, a shonen protagonist that's very psychologically complex or introspective, while still being believable and a total badass.

Currently watching FMA:B, sitting at episode 24.

This show is pretty goooooood!

FMA is one of those shows that I really enjoyed.

And then they came out with another series(FMA:B) with an alternate "True"(cannon story) ending.

2 different paths and endings, and 2 movies.

As a fan of the IP I couldn't complain.

But like people have said about HxH's remake, I wish the first half of Brotherhood, didn't rush thru the episodes that the first FMA series already covered before they caught up and split off from the source material. Ruined a lot of character reveals/development and events because FMA:B just assumed you knew them already. Plus the first series style was higher budget and more cinematic than FMA:B's sketched manga look

Tizoc

Refresh my memory....there's character called Sharnak in the series right? Cuz I just found out, it's written as Siarnaq, but pronounced sharnak.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Refresh my memory....there's character called Sharnak in the series right? Cuz I just found out, it's written as Siarnaq, but pronounced sharnak.

This guy:

cQt0TLj.jpg

Nah, not yet. It's probably the Reina and Colt stuff.
Nah it was Gyro, his backstory got to me but by the end of the episode
they just straight up killed off the 2 characters from the exam arc. Bee girl was hard to watch with the chimera ant just unloading on her corpse with it just shaking with every shot.
Reina and Colt were pretty predictable. watching their episode I was thinking shit is way too peaceful, they arent gonna get a happy ending.

Astral

Nah it was Gyro, his backstory got to me but by the end of the episode
they just straight up killed off the 2 characters from the exam arc. Bee girl was hard to watch with the chimera ant just unloading on her corpse with it just shaking with every shot.
Reina and Colt were pretty predictable. watching their episode I was thinking shit is way too peaceful, they arent gonna get a happy ending.

Yeah
Ponzu
and whathisface was fucked. Speaking of Gyro,
I always assumed that Gyro was fed to the queen in order to give birth to Meruem. I thought that was the point of his backstory. I thought "Fuck, the king is gonna get THAT personality?" But Welfin kept going on about how he needs to find Gyro and he'll never be loyal to Meruem. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be irony because Meruem is Gyro or if I was just wrong.

kirblar

Yeah
Ponzu
and whathisface was fucked. Speaking of Gyro,
I always assumed that Gyro was fed to the queen in order to give birth to Meruem. I thought that was the point of his backstory. I thought "Fuck, the king is gonna get THAT personality?" But Welfin kept going on about how he needs to find Gyro and he'll never be loyal to Meruem. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be irony because Meruem is Gyro or if I was just wrong.
There's less ambiguity in the Manga regarding his fate:
Gyro left immediately upon being resurrected as an ant due to his insane willpower. He is indeed out there.

I don't quite understand the decision to leave it hanging in the anime.

Astral

Gyro left immediately upon being resurrected as an ant due to his insane willpower. He is indeed out there.

Oh wow. That is strange.

Yonafunu

I always figured they'd save that for the last episode, use it as some kind of cliffhanger, or tease.

antibolo

Banned
The point where people realize that no, Hunter X Hunter isn't for kids.

No, Hunter x Hunter is a shounen series, it's totally for kids. This is a bit of a culture shock for us, but the Japanese have a very high threshold on what is appropriate to show to kids.

kirblar

No, Hunter x Hunter is a shounen series, it's totally for kids. This is a bit of a culture shock for us, but the Japanese have a very high threshold on what is appropriate to show to kids.
I love that the show seeks to educate kids on such diverse topics as:

How to haggle in open-air flea markets.
Auctions.
The nature of the totalitarian state of North Korea.
The ways in which sexual dimorphism in ants differs from people.
Transgenderism.
Darts.

antibolo

Banned

Auctions.
Transgenderism.
Darts.

You forgot compound interest!! Knuckle is the most educational character in the show!

phaze

If
--Gon---
doesn't
falcon punch --Ging----
in next episode I will be severely disappointed.

Looking at the state of his hand I wonder what Gon's condition was. Killua thought it was never to use Nen again but it was clearly more than that.

They better have not killed Killua off. I hope he just chills somewhere with Alluka for some reason.
Decent ep, I don't much care for Leorio but the reunion was touching.

Auctions.
Transgenderism.
Darts.

And presidential elections

kirblar

Looking at the state of his hand I wonder what Gon's condition was. Killua thought it was never to use Nen again but it was clearly more than that.
His "Nen over time" graph essentially got its X and Y axis inverted. He was using his remaining lifeforce in one gigantic burst instead of over the course of his natural lifespan, leaving him in the husk-state Killua saw him in due to him having exhausted his gas tank. (This is why when Gon grows up, he's not going to be Super Saiyan Gon.)

I loved Ging's friends trolling the crap out of him at the end.

FluxWaveZ

Episode 145

I'm a bit bothered by how
Gon is back, but is his smiling, childlike self like he was pre-Chimera ant arc. It's a nice moment, and it makes sense because he's recovered and everyone's happy to see him, but I would have appreciated at least a bit of tension in his expressions.

Great episode, though. Always love "just as planned" moments. Speaking of which, it seemed like one of the rare times
Pariston was talking sincerely.

We have 3 more episodes right? Either the pace is gonna slow the hell down, or we'll get a pretty lengthy tease of the current manga arc that we'll finally see animated in 2100 maybe

kirblar

We have 3 more episodes right? Either the pace is gonna slow the hell down, or we'll get a pretty lengthy tease of the current manga arc that we'll finally see animated in 2100 maybe
It's still going to be a brisk pace- that "silent" chapter is going to eat up a good chunk of airtime.

His "Nen over time" graph essentially got its X and Y axis inverted. He was using his remaining lifeforce in one gigantic burst instead of over the course of his natural lifespan, leaving him in the husk-state Killua saw him in due to him having exhausted his gas tank. (This is why when Gon grows up, he's not going to be Super Saiyan Gon.)

I loved Ging's friends trolling the crap out of him at the end.

How do you know that he won't be able to reach his potential in the future?

kirblar

How do you know that he won't be able to reach his potential in the future?
Because Super-Gon only appeared due to him throwing all of his future Nen potential into the afterburner tanks and blowing it in one battle. His normal potential was going to be spread over the course of his entire lifespan. (Resulting in a normal-sized person.)

Episode 145

I'm a bit bothered by how
Gon is back, but is his smiling, childlike self like he was pre-Chimera ant arc. It's a nice moment, and it makes sense because he's recovered and everyone's happy to see him, but I would have appreciated at least a bit of tension in his expressions.

Great episode, though. Always love "just as planned" moments. Speaking of which, it seemed like one of the rare times
Pariston was talking sincerely.

It was always the same Gon,
imo Gon is the type of character that can always return to his ol' big smile self once the danger or the enemy he was fighting is gone. Like, he is too dumb to be traumatized in a long-term way, if you know what I mean. He can get angry, but that's more a short-term temperament.

Kyuur

Slight MANGA spoilers, nothing that really reveals plot but does describe what the next few episodes 'are':

The next few episodes are the transition between this and the next arc, unless they whip up an anime-only ending for some reason.

FluxWaveZ

It was always the same Gon,
imo Gon is the type of character that can always return to his ol' big smile self once the danger or the enemy he was fighting is gone. Like, he is too dumb to be traumatized in a long-term way, if you know what I mean. He can get angry, but that's more a short-term temperament.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I can see that.

Top Bottom