• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jex

I can only assume the entirety of the last episode will be composed with the equivalent of people saying "please buy the manga!"

Kenai

Episode 145

I'm a bit bothered by how
Gon is back, but is his smiling, childlike self like he was pre-Chimera ant arc. It's a nice moment, and it makes sense because he's recovered and everyone's happy to see him, but I would have appreciated at least a bit of tension in his expressions.

Great episode, though. Always love "just as planned" moments. Speaking of which, it seemed like one of the rare times
Pariston was talking sincerely.

Agreed with the first. It does seem off. Although
since it's not still clear what his restriction is and maybe won't be for a while that might be a future focal point? Or not. Doesn't seem like something to just casually toss aside to me

^It's already been touched up in the manga somewhat but definitely isn't something that the anime will get to unless they want to make changes for it.

It's still going to be a brisk pace- that "silent" chapter is going to eat up a good chunk of airtime.

True, pretty sure that's gonna be at minimum half of an episode.

Didnt go how I thought it would, would have thought tons of time would be spent with Something and Killua, but I guess it was nice it didnt do that. Pretty enjoyable overall. 2nd best character in the series getting screentime was cool.

BwjzEG6IgAA7JM2.png

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Didnt go how I thought it would, would have thought tons of time would be spent with Something and Killua, but I guess it was nice it didnt do that. Pretty enjoyable overall. 2nd best character in the series getting screentime was cool.

BwjzEG6IgAA7JM2.png

I'm worried about how you'd image their relationship to develop during that "tons of time." You worry me sometimes DTL :(

hipbabboom

Did anyone else wish that
Gon retained that adult form and that power
? I had the drafts for my Gon x Palm adult fan-fic all ready as an extension of the fiction once the series ended but those hopes have been smashed. I'll have to settle for my alternate plan of a crappy shota story :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I don't wanna get spoiled so I read almost nothing in this thread, can someone answer a question for me? I'm only up to like episode 20 of the 2011 show.

I really liked the whole hunter exam thing and thought that it would be the entire show. Liked the meta games around it and all that (Like the exam beginning before it began) I just hit the episode where they all passed but then the last scene the purple guy said that it wasn't really over. How long do they drag out the test? To me it feels like a show that had a great idea but ended it early and now is in some lost limbo, but I know there are like 5 seasons so the exam had to end eventually.

Is the rest of the show as good? Specifically about the mind game stuff and quizzes and all that.

hipbabboom

If he did, Hisoka would attempt to fight him
and die seconds later.

Part of me laments at the story that never was and never will be of Hisoka meeting Puiato and getting sized and then hemmed up like a cheap Sunday suit.

kirblar

I don't wanna get spoiled so I read almost nothing in this thread, can someone answer a question for me? I'm only up to like episode 20 of the 2011 show.

I really liked the whole hunter exam thing and thought that it would be the entire show. Liked the meta games around it and all that (Like the exam beginning before it began) I just hit the episode where they all passed but then the last scene the purple guy said that it wasn't really over. How long do they drag out the test? To me it feels like a show that had a great idea but ended it early and now is in some lost limbo, but I know there are like 5 seasons so the exam had to end eventually.

Is the rest of the show as good? Specifically about the mind game stuff and quizzes and all that.
The show jumps from Shonen genre to Shonen genre. Each of the arcs is very different.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The show jumps from Shonen genre to Shonen genre. Each of the arcs is very different.

Does it ever return to a style similar to what I liked about this first arc?

Right now they are
going to some mountain and I just don't care about that. But it might just be the thing where it's the start of a big change and I usually get put off with those until I get used to it again.

kirblar

Does it ever return to a style similar to what I liked about this first arc?

Right now they are
going to some mountain and I just don't care about that. But it might just be the thing where it's the start of a big change and I usually get put off with those until I get used to it again.
The arc with Killua's family is a short transition arc.

If you like sports/martial arts anime, you'll like the upcoming arc.

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 145

Absolutely amazing episode. This one only felt like 5 min long, holy shit.

Ging and Pariston are on completely other stratospheres when compared to the other Zodiacs. It's reminds me so much of Goku and Vegeta.

Glad to see Gon back in action
. At this moment I am so hyped for next episode.

EDIT: Killua's reaction was downright scary.

Biochet

who knew politics could be this fun

also the way
illumi was kinda you know leaking bloodlust got me worried, somebody is gonna die soon and i feel like its gonna be somebody "substantial"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Awesome episode. Leorio tearing up made me tear up. The display of Something's power was also really awesome. You could tell that it truly was some other-worldly/ridiculous display of nen, when all the hunter vets had their jaws dropped.

Seeing Gon for the first time this season was pretty cool. I missed the guy, even if it was kind of jarring to just see him show up.

BwjzEG6IgAA7JM2.png

I don't even remember the name of that guy anymore. Never change man =p

----------
Few episodes to go! I seriously hope that they don't end at the cliffhanger for the next arc.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
God. Leorio's reaction to Gon's recovery was so fucking awesome. I had a huge grin on my fucking face the entire team. It was done so well here than in the manga imo because I feel like the audience (us) has the same reaction as Leorio's the minute Gon appeared. Great, great episode.

And that fucking end teaser, goddddddd

demidar

Great episode. Goddamn Pariston played everyone for fools, so much more likable than Pouf. Leorio's reaction was also great and I expected Gon to be all happy again, but now that he's sighted Ging I can't wait for next episode.

Fucking hiatus :(

That style permeates the entire series. It's full of situations where brain over brawns wins, where planning and thinking outside the norm brings you an advantage, where weird situations can be exploited, there are more meta games, etc.

upandaway

I love that part where everyone notice the healing, then it goes to Pariston and he smirks with a little drum thing. It's like a "oh no he didn't no way" moment

Soriku

Great episode. I liked seeing everyone's reaction to the healing and then Gon's appearance. Also this episode fully tied in Gon's healing with the election which was cool, and well planned I thought. I'm guessing this arc took some a good amount of planning by Togashi to figure out with the rules for Alluka's power, the election, and other background stuff, so good on him.

Philippo

What a beautiful episode, i almost teared up when Killua was in the hospital
watching a deformed Gon
and then his eyes sparkling when Something started the process.

Also, Illumi is such a superior version of the "twisted-dangerous-older brother", he's going to do something scary and dangerous soon.

Best part was Pariston's "all according to keikaku" moment, the way Cheedle realize what's going on dragging the viewer away from the joy of the moment, it really shows how he (and Ging) is probably one of the most fearsome character of the show without being the strongest one.

So sad it's going to end in few episodes :(

Philippo

Ging is like 10 steps ahead of everyone but Netero.

Yes but personally wise, he wasn't really involved in the whole election (more like an external force trying to play with the outcome) while Pariston was really in the middle of things so what it's exalted is his plan.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This show ;_;

This last episode was freaking beautiful. The scene when Killua saw Gon's arm... Damn.

I just checked the manga. There are 5 chapters left to adapt in episodes 146,147 and 148. And one of them could be adapted in 4 minutes of footage.

Mr.Sumal

episode 145 was amazing. Its disheartening to see this show coming to an end hopefully ill get to watch it 5 years from now

Nibel

Nibel x Hunter 145

Fucking episode gave me wet eyes. Killua seeing Gon's 'hand' and Leorio's reaction when they see each other again was very moving.

But man, Pariston and Ging - those animals play in a different galaxy than all the other hunters we've encountered. Hope to see more of them.

And yeah, the ending was one of the bigger 'oh shit itshappening.gif' moments of the entire show. Really excited now.

Top Bottom