• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

GaussTek

Three more eps. left? ;_;

Now, I have a question from 145.

Why does Gon must not know that Killua saved him? Wasn't Killua the one that wanted Gon to apologize to him for acting alone against Pitou? I guess that will be explained in the remaining episodes, but hopefully that doesn't mean that Gon and Killua will separate or something like that on the next arc :(

Jigolo

Three more eps. left? ;_;

Now, I have a question from 145.

Why does Gon must not know that Killua saved him? Wasn't Killua the one that wanted Gon to apologize to him for acting alone against Pitou? I guess that will be explained in the remaining episodes, but hopefully that doesn't mean that Gon and Killua will separate or something like that on the next arc :(
We don't know yet. It might be explained within the next 3 episodes. If not you're just asking for manga spoilers. I want to know the answer too.

Either way, 3 more weeks until I start reading the manga regularly so I can wait for the answer. :)

EmiPrime

Manga spoilers aren't allowed so nobody can answer that. You should expect shounen anime tropes to be subverted by now, that's what makes this series so good.

Philippo

Goodbye?

not-like-this-gif.gif

GaussTek

We don't know yet. It might be explained within the next 3 episodes. If not you're just asking for manga spoilers. I want to know the answer too.

Either way, 3 more weeks until I start reading the manga regularly so I can wait for the answer. :)

Manga spoilers aren't allowed so nobody can answer that. You should expect shounen anime tropes to be subverted by now, that's what makes this series so good.

Yeah, I guess so. I'm just being impatient (sorry about that lol).

demidar

Yeah, I guess so. I'm just being impatient (sorry about that lol).

My guess would be either it's a requirement for the wish to not backfire, or Gon wouldn't like being essentially brought back to life by his friend and try to return the favour (and die trying).

I think one of the earlier episodes had Killua say he'll clean up Gon's mess like always but he won't look the other way this time (Gon going Super Saiyan).

Philippo

The post-election arc has had multiple chapters that are nothing but gigantic info-dumps. Appears likely to be setting up a massive arc, length-wise. Any follow up (either in series or OVA form) would be a while off.

I guessed that, i'm just probably not ready to wait for God knows how much before we see it again.

I marathoned all of the new anime this August and just watched the latest episode yesterday afternoon. I popped into this thread and was honestly surprised at all the negativity on the first few pages over the current HxH anime. I see that the original 1999 anime was held in higher regard up until the new series took over it. I watched a bit of the old series years ago and the slow start actually turned me off to the entire thing. Even then I kinda like the bright happy-go-lucky look of the new series compared to the mellow and toned down old anime. I watched some pivotal scenes from the Yorknew City arc of the old anime to compare and honestly I think the new series did everything better other than the soundtrack. Also Madhouse is the GOAT anime studio.

Moaradin

I marathoned all of the new anime this August and just watched the latest episode yesterday afternoon. I popped into this thread and was honestly surprised at all the negativity on the first few pages over the current HxH anime. I see that the original 1999 anime was held in higher regard up until the new series took over it. I watched a bit of the old series years ago and the slow start actually turned me off to the entire thing. Even then I kinda like the bright happy-go-lucky look of the new series compared to the mellow and toned down old anime. I watched some pivotal scenes from the Yorknew City arc of the old anime to compare and honestly I think the new series did everything better other than the soundtrack. Also Madhouse is the GOAT anime studio.

I said the same thing when I first caught up with the new anime. Most people seem to prefer the 2011 version now. I think a lot of it was just getting used to the new voices. I never had a problem since I've only seen the first few episodes of the original, and I watched it with the horrible dub.

I didn't like it at first because of the censoring as well. What made me stick with HxH back then was when Hisoka first showed his ruthlessness. Blew my mind when I was a teenager. Then found out they replaced it with flowers in the new version, but I quickly changed my tune later into the new series.

Daingurse

I watched the 99 series many years ago in it's entirely and loved it. I prefer the 2011 adaptation though, straight up. I did like the grittiness that the original had though, something about the art design.

shira

I don't even remember the name of that guy anymore. Never change man =p

I don't even remember seeing him before. Who is it?
http://zippy.gfycat.com/DisastrousThatAnnashummingbird.webm
JK, the blonde booy's name is List (リスト, Risuto) - he's the L

Yes but personally wise, he wasn't really involved in the whole election (more like an external force trying to play with the outcome) while Pariston was really in the middle of things so what it's exalted is his plan.

It feels like Ging is orchestrating everything and Pariston think's he's won, but Ging saw every possible move he could make and has them all countered.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wish him well and that he recovers.

I can't be the only one who feels HxH's art has looked different since it resumed though? I was wondering if he was having some assistance already. I guess not? Or at least he is determined to hide it.

pix

I just started watching this and I am up to episode 31 in Heavens Arena arc. Does the show get better going forward? So far it isn't bad, but not great either. I enjoyed the ending of the license exams, but so far the heavens arc isn't all that interesting. I just got to the part where
Gon lost his fight to the top spinning guy.

Just want to know if it gets more epic in scope with more on the line. Thanks!

phaze

I just started watching this and I am up to episode 31 in Heavens Arena arc. Does the show get better going forward? So far it isn't bad, but not great either. I enjoyed the ending of the license exams, but so far the heavens arc isn't all that interesting. I just got to the part where

You'll get one of the best fights of the show very soon. In general the 34-60 string of episodes are the high of HxH for me.

The scope gets significantly bigger after Heaven's Arena. That arc can be considered a setup for other arcs since Nen will play a regular role from that point forward.

Nibel

Thanks thefatness16!

Yes, shit will get real.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The show basically begins on the second half of the Heaven's Arena arc.

By the time you catch up with the latest arcs you'll be drowning in epicness.

I started watching this show when it was put on Netflix and I decided to give it a chance as an anime noob that just finished watching Attack on Titan and so I just gave this a shot and I really like the show. Season 2 almost lost me when it started diving deep in to Nen cos it was just throwing all the information at you rapidly but I toughed through it and got to my favorite season. Damn I loved everything about Season 3. Kurapika was the very definition of badass throughout that season.

Now that I've caught up to all the episodes on Netflix, I would rank them 3>1>4>5>2. Though I don't think season 5 is over yet, I've been watching that on crunchyroll.

Random thoughts
  • The show needs more Kurapika
  • I'm not a fan of Gon's I'm so angry and determined I stop thinking rationally
  • I actually wish Killua was the main character, I like how he analyses the situation first and Gon sorta annoys me sometimes
  • Also Ging is a dick, raise your damn child asshole

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I started watching this show when it was put on Netflix and I decided to give it a chance as an anime noob that just finished watching Attack on Titan and so I just gave this a shot and I really like the show. Season 2 almost lost me when it started diving deep in to Nen cos it was just throwing all the information at you rapidly but I toughed through it and got to my favorite season. Damn I loved everything about Season 3. Kurapika was the very definition of badass throughout that season.

Now that I've caught up to all the episodes on Netflix, I would rank them 3>1>4>5>2. Though I don't think season 5 is over yet, I've been watching that on crunchyroll.

Random thoughts
  • The show needs more Kurapika
  • I'm not a fan of Gon's I'm so angry and determined I stop thinking rationally
  • I actually wish Killua was the main character, I like how he analyses the situation first and Gon sorta annoys me sometimes
  • Also Ging is a dick, raise your damn child asshole

Well, Killua has been the main character for the past 20 or 25 episodes.

Well, Killua has been the main character for the past 20 or 25 episodes.

Well I'm looking forward to that. I just got to episode 125 and I have a question if you or anyone has watched up to that

Episode 125 spoiler:
Why does the Netero not even want to attempt to talk to Mereum? Just listen to what he has to say and if it's bullshit then go to town on his ass

Tuck

They should just have him right the script for the anime and continue that. Or just have him lay out the plotline in detail. That'd be much easier for him, I think. Fuck the manga, and fuck the delays.

Edit: killua is better than gon in basically every way. Gon's stubbornness bugs me.

Mael

Well I'm looking forward to that. I just got to episode 125 and I have a question if you or anyone has watched up to that

Episode 125 spoiler:
Why does the Netero not even want to attempt to talk to Mereum? Just listen to what he has to say and if it's bullshit then go to town on his ass

I so want to reply to this with info from episodes after this point, even delving into manga spoiler!
This thread is too much sometimes.

upandaway

Episode 125 spoiler:
If you still have this question after you're caught up, check out this thread's page 186, we talk about it.

Alric

We need a spinoff just about Hisoka. I can't believe we only have a few episodes left. Man this blows. My fiance and I have binge watched all the epsisodes up to the current one in the last 2 weeks and I didn't want this ride to end so quickly.

10625128_10203254737423269_4021861244436334984_n.jpg

Top Bottom