• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Erigu

When Gon said he "again" did he realize that Kite had spoken to Going about meeting him? Or am I wrong?
I believe that's the idea, yes.
Not that it makes much sense in the TV series, since they changed it so he punched a kid he didn't know, and never met Ging again after he realized that was his son...

Nephtis

I'm still confused about how Nanika works. She doesn't require spines or brains if you demand something instead of asking for something?

Nanika loves Killua. For anyone else, she will make those requests and have them pay the price if they fail to meet them. For Killua, she wants to be praised by him since he clearly loves her not as a "thing", but as family. Thus, Nanika will never make such requests for any of his wishes (or more aptly, commands).

Soriku

This episode had a little bit of everything with Gon and Ging, Pariston, and Killua. Very emotional episode.

The exchange between Gon and Ging went well; Ging is still such a bum though lol. I didn't expect him to actually beat up all the Hunters! Something I noticed was that Ging appears much younger with his turban on (which makes his beard look a little weird). The picture Gon has of him makes him look much older and badass than he is.

Serious Pariston is cool. I wanna see more of that.

Alluka also had a quick mood change this episode. That whole sequence with Nanika was very well done. I've said it before, but someone needs to put down lllumi already; I can't believe they put up with his shit, and Killua still calls him brother.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I think it was a realization that Ging was actually waiting for him there during the election, that was the first time, thus warranting an "again".

I don't think this is the case. Since Gon got hit by Kite twice in his lifetime, the again means he was aware of the first (and maybe the second) time Kite hit Gon for doing something dumb. This insinuates that Ging, even though absent, was always keeping his eyes on Gon from a distance. Whew.

Those weren't Nanika's requests though. They were made by Alluka.
Both Alluka and Nanika were making Pat head "requests". They were just looking to be praised, yo.

LogicStep

Ok, that was awesome. Loved the interaction between Gon and Ging. Also Killua and Alluka was beautiful. And I have to say, Pariston is a fucking boss, one of the best characters imo.

I also watched the Last Mission movie and it was fucking superb as well. Wish it had more action but what it had was great.

antibolo

Banned
I love the conclusion to the election plot.

It turned out that when Ging told Cheadle that Pariston "doesn't care if he wins or loses", that was meant to be taken literally. Pariston didn't have some evil plan or anything, he was running for chairman purely for shits and giggles, and to honour Netero's memory. But Cheadle was too clouded by her mistrust/hatred of Pariston to accept the simple truth that Ging threw at her face, and was trying to interpret some hidden meaning behind it, but there wasn't any.

phaze

Gon really wasted his asspull rage mode card. Should have used it to give Ging what he deserves. Go back to bed and let Killua be the main protagonist !

I didn't much care about the election part of the arc and Pariston being Hisoka redux only cemented that. Killua/Alluka/Ilumi stuff saved the episode. Really great scene, I didn't expect to actually feel sad for Something. ;_;

I'm dissapointed in the lack of Kurapika in this arc.

I've said it before, but someone needs to put down lllumi already; I can't believe they put up with his shit, and Killua still calls him brother.

Yeah, didn't he and his mother directly and continuously disobeyed Silva ? They are even responsible for killing of one of the family butlers. You'd expect the head of family to do something about that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Watching on crunchyroll, why does alluka get referred to as a she by some and he by others?

antibolo

Banned
Watching on crunchyroll, why does alluka get referred to as a she by some and he by others?

He's a crossdresser, just like the other younger brother, Kalluto (who is currently a Phantom Troupe member). Killua is the only one who loves Alluka enough to refer to them by their preferred gender.

The Zoldycks appear to care very little about pointless details such as gender.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Been watching Yu Yu Hakusho a lot this past week, and it's enjoyable in that classic shounen action way, but going back to Hunter X Hunter for just one episode really makes me appreciate HxH so much more in comparison. Such a shame to see it end. :(

Been watching Yu Yu Hakusho a lot this past week, and it's enjoyable in that classic shounen action way, but going back to Hunter X Hunter for just one episode really makes me appreciate HxH so much more in comparison. Such a shame to see it end. :(
YYH is really good

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
He's a crossdresser, just like the other younger brother, Kalluto (who is currently a Phantom Troupe member). Killua is the only one who loves Alluka enough to refer to them by their preferred gender.

... What?

Wait, seriously? What?

Edit: Damn.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Weird, I didnt pick up on the mixed gender labels for the paper user either.

MCD

Gender? The fuckers don't even see Alluka as a human being.

RoyalFool

Banned
Wow, they really wimped out with the nanika resolution unless there is a twist to it still to come?

So he can wish for anything without consequence because of love, hmm. He said he forgot about her due to the needle, but doesn't this retcon everything that happened since that point? he could just bring kite and the chairman back, wished the ant king dead, wished his mum went to spec savers etc.

Sort of bummed out by that and can't see how they can easily resolve it, even if they kill nanika off (I suspect they have to right?) he doesn't explain why he didn't use it to sort out all the other problems they've had to overcome. Even in the short term it makes no sense, all that traveling to the hospital when he can use her to fucking teleport people, mr.coin guy died for fuck all :(

kirblar

Weird, I didnt pick up on the mixed gender labels for the paper user either.
Kalluto's never had mixed gender labels, people just thought he was a girl for a while like they did with Kurapika.
Wow, they really wimped out with the nanika resolution unless there is a twist to it still to come?
(slight manga spoiler) :
This isn't the end of Nanika's relevance to the story.

antibolo

Banned
Kalluto's never had mixed gender labels, people just thought he was a girl for a while like they did with Kurapika.

Definitely not true, Kalluto is literally wearing female clothing (that's definitely a woman's yukata, male yukatas don't have a large sash), and has been mistaken as a girl by one of his fellow Phantom Troupe members (don't remember which one) during the side-story in the Chimera Ant arc.

Kurapika was never mistaken as a woman in-universe (not counting deliberate disguises of course).

upandaway

He said he forgot about her due to the needle, but doesn't this retcon everything that happened since that point? he could just bring kite and the chairman back, wished the ant king dead, wished his mum went to spec savers etc.

Sort of bummed out by that and can't see how they can easily resolve it, even if they kill nanika off (I suspect they have to right?) he doesn't explain why he didn't use it to sort out all the other problems they've had to overcome. Even in the short term it makes no sense, all that traveling to the hospital when he can use her to fucking teleport people, mr.coin guy died for fuck all :(
The only wishes he made were directly for the express purpose of freeing her (with the exception of healing Gon, which he acknowledged could not be solved in any other way, and he begged to Alluka to do it when she didn't even want to). The second it was all decided, he wanted to seal Nanika in to protect Alluka. Using Nanika's powers for anything not related to her was never an option to him, especially when he still had other options open to him (again Gon being the only exception, just barely and at a dead end).

And he couldn't use teleportation to the hospital because he already said that Nanika's wishes won't work on herself (if I remember right)

Where are you in YYH? The Chapter Black arc was when YYH hooked me, prior to that I would have said that Hunter X Hunter was definitely better, now they're pretty even for me.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Where are you in YYH? The Chapter Black arc was when YYH hooked me, prior to that I would have said that Hunter X Hunter was definitely better, now they're pretty even for me.

Yeah, I think I just finished the Chapter Black arc. I mean, I'm not saying it's bad (in fact, I think it's great), but it feels, I dunno, less sophisticated and more straight to the point-action. Less mindgames, more charging powers, staring and shooting fireballs. And I find some characters (like Kuwabara) rather annoying. But on the other hand, YYH has great pacing, almost never slows down or drags. It's a fun ride.

Moaradin

Yeah, I think I just finished the Chapter Black arc. I mean, I'm not saying it's bad (in fact, I think it's great), but it feels, I dunno, less sophisticated and more straight to the point-action. Less mindgames, more charging powers, staring and shooting fireballs. And I find some characters (like Kuwabara) rather annoying. But on the other hand, YYH has great pacing, almost never slows down or drags. It's a fun ride.

You take that back.

Are you watching the dub? Because you should be.

Tuck

Every Ging/Pariston scene was on point. Hilarious.

Killua/Alluka stuff was a bit eh this week. But thats ok.

You know, when I started this show, I never expected the Ging/Gon reunion would be so... uneventful. It really wasn't built up at all. Thats not a bad thing mind you - things just happened differently than I expected.

I think it is less sophisticated in a lot of ways, aside from characterization I guess. Some aspects of characterization I actually liked more than Hunter x Hunter. Like Yousuke is probably my favorite shonen protagonist, and Kurama is a pretty believable and complex/contradictory character, considering the kind of mold he's cast from.

Kuwabara wasn't really one of those characters for me though. I mean I liked him, but I find him annoying at the same time.

You know, when I started this show, I never expected the Ging/Gon reunion would be so... uneventful. It really wasn't built up at all. Thats not a bad thing mind you - things just happened differently than I expected.
I thought it was bad. It's been a huge piece of Gon, and they finally meet after he has been to hell and back, then...it's a joke. What a wasted opportunity. It actually made me angry that this whole thing just ended up being boiled down to a Krillin level joke lol

HxH 146

This episode brought humor (Ging) and the feels (Killua and Alluka). It's a damn shame only two episodes are left.
Is it ending forever, or just taking a long break without filler?

Top Bottom