• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
If the two main male characters don't get together, the writing is shit! Shit!

You won't read it, but you'll definitely watch it when the show comes back (someday) right?

I don't think Gon and Killua being lovers was the selling point of this show, but I could be wrong.

It never was. DTL is just a unique type of broken clock who's not always right but because he's right more than twice a day, you may be fooled.

I have to echo his disappointment in the show chose to resolve the most powerful aspect of the story its built up throughout the series which is the friend between Gon an Kirua. I don't think separation was a good way and the author introducing an element into the story to cause this to happen, as much as I like Alka's character, feels short-sighted. This is however not my art and as an observer or it, I deeply appreciate the work even though I'm critical of it.

FluxWaveZ

Really thought Kurapika was going to appear at some point during these episodes, but I guess he just briefly appeared to look gloomy as hell.

Also, I guess I missed Hisoka's disappearance. Dude was all about the plan to piss someone off when it came to Alluka, but I guess he decided to abandon ship once Killua made it to the hospital.

It's unfortunate that there's but one episode left. I really enjoyed my time with this series.

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 147

AW MAN. That was a good episode. It hit me in the gut real good. Both with that ending and.................. the realization that the show is really coming to an end. :'''''''(

I'm gonna need to re-watch that intro because that was quite the introduction. I did not expect to see that character again and I understood only about half of what was said.
That being said I was not surprised to see Kite take control of the situation that quick, it's like he's his former self already.

Fuck, man. 1 more episode guys. 1 MORE

kirblar

Really thought Kurapika was going to appear at some point during these episodes, but I guess he just briefly appeared to look gloomy as hell.

Also, I guess I missed Hisoka's disappearance. Dude was all about the plan to piss someone off when it came to Alluka, but I guess he decided to abandon ship once Killua made it to the hospital.

It's unfortunate that there's but one episode left. I really enjoyed my time with this series.
Once he learned Gon would be safe and sound, he was happy to leave things be.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Pls crawl under a rock and die Gon. No Killua no sale.

I feel like with both the Ging and Killua reunion, they missed the boat by going for hamfisted humor rather than trying to really resolve the underlying tension and issues.

And where the hell is Kurapika. Putting him in the ED was an act of supreme trolling.
Don't you think that is exactly how a relationship in real life would go? Ain't nobody got time to expound on feelings. Amicable/depressing goodbye as to not hurt feelings and that's it!

Togashi. Finish writing the manga!!!

Moaradin

That ending was perfect. Love the special ending recap they did. The beginning threw me off because I didn't expect to see that character again, but I'm glad that loose end was tied up.

Feltrol

Banned
Sad to know last week it's HxH's last. It was a good run, and I hope it will come back again in the future.

What's a kurapika? Is that some kind of vegetable?

image.php

Goon

I'm glad killua is out of the picture. Didn't like his edginess and I hate his sister. It sounds like she is pretty much a plot device to explain Killua's absence and when she is satisfied with hanging out with her brother, then he'll rejoin Gon.

Anyways Gon x Leorio adventures pls.

Soriku

OK, saw this episode. HunterxHunter goes all spiritual and shit with the beginning. Not a bad monologue though. It almost seemed out of place in this arc, but I suppose it couldn't be done till Gon was back. And damn, Kite is all aggressive with the koala.

The Gon and Killua sendoff was fine. They're going their separate ways now, OK. Since Killua can just wish for anything I'm wondering how any future conflicts with Gon and Killua will be resolved. I mean I don't see Killua using Alluka for everything, but...

smurfx

get some go again
OK, saw this episode. HunterxHunter goes all spiritual and shit with the beginning. Not a bad monologue though. It almost seemed out of place in this arc, but I suppose it couldn't be done till Gon was back. And damn, Kite is all aggressive with the koala.

The Gon and Killua sendoff was fine. They're going their separate ways now, OK. Since Killua can just wish for anything I'm wondering how any future conflicts with Gon and Killua will be resolved. I mean I don't see Killua using Alluka for everything, but...
this is hxh and killua can't ever be truly happy so expect alluka to die horribly at some point.

Philippo

I can see now how people said the way Gon would get healed is unfair, but really i consider setting Alluka free and having Lillua to protect her, and thus ending his journey with Gon, which is something both considered to be the most important thing until now, the biggest price they could pay.
Its more unconventional and personal than "i sacrifice myself to save your life".
Bravo,Togashi.

Rootbeer

Banned
So much sadness :(

Really curious how they will end the next one. I know how that part of the manga ends... just wondering what they will include or chose to leave out.

Unbounded

And each one of them would have killed a fully powered royal guard.

Gon would have solo'ed the king after Netero lost and said something to him about the youth of the human race or something.

EDIT: This sorta makes me wish that they had a 'typical shonen' version of Hunter x Hunter. I kinda want to see how everything would've gone if they followed typical conventions.

Jigolo

Gon would have solo'ed the king after Netero lost and said something to him about the youth of the human race or something.

EDIT: This sorta makes me wish that they had a 'typical shonen' version of Hunter x Hunter. I kinda want to see how everything would've gone if they followed typical conventions.

Gon would've gotten destroyed against post bomb King.

Jigolo

lol. The gap is way too big. The only asspull that I could see working is Killua having a similar transformation to Gon to get insane power, Meruem is seen as an Spider in Kurapika's eyes therefore he can go all out.

Even then, I think they would lose.

heh, I was hoping this thread would reach 10,000 posts before the show ended, so close.

Tuck

The fuck was with that long ass monologue? Stupid shit.

Second half was better. Sad to see killua go - he is the best character, and his relationship with Gon was the highlight of the series. Suddenly, I don't care quite as much that the show is ending.

Yonafunu

I just noticed, I'm pretty sure Kite now has the same eye colour as Meruem.

It makes sense, they're kinda siblings and all, but it's still a nice touch.

Are we at the end already? I just want some final closure before I move on.

lol. The gap is way too big. The only asspull that I could see working is Killua having a similar transformation to Gon to get insane power, Meruem is seen as an Spider in Kurapika's eyes therefore he can go all out.

Even then, I think they would lose.

Just stop; you're embarassing yourself. There is NO power greater than the power of friendship. Even this anime can't escape the laws of shounen.

zero_suit

Are we at the end already? I just want some final closure before I move on.

Just stop; you're embarassing yourself. There is NO power greater than the power of friendship. Even this anime can't escape the laws of shounen.

Sarcasm, I assume? It's been doing that since day one.

Sarcasm, I assume? It's been doing that since day one.

10 - 15 yr old male main protagonist...check
magic powers... check
big bad bosses...check
big bad bosses's generals...check
power-ups...check
transformations...check
rescue arc...check
tournament arc...check
obviously gay villain...check

and last but not least,

power of friendship...CHECK

--
obviously every anime is unique in it's own way, but that doesn't make them subversions.

For example, the powerful friendship between Ponzu and Pokkle
I didn't realize they were main characters?

magic powers... check
big bad bosses...check
power-ups...check
transformations...check
rescue arc...check
tournament arc...check

and last but not least,

--
obviously every anime is unique in it's own way, but that doesn't make them subversions.

Main cast splitting up midway through the series & not reuniting.
Regular appearing characters dying & in gruesome ways.
Main goal of the series accomplished (meeting Ging) & the series not close to ending.
Portraying completely evil irredeemable villains in a way more than a two dimensional way.

zero_suit

Main cast splitting up midway through the series & not reuniting.
Regular appearing characters dying & in gruesome ways.
Main goal of the series accomplished (meeting Ging) & the series not close to ending.
Portraying completely evil irredeemable villains in a way more than a two dimensional way.

I would also add the resolution of the Yorknew and Chimera Ant arcs.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
magic powers... check
big bad bosses...check
power-ups...check
transformations...check
rescue arc...check
tournament arc...check

and last but not least,

--

You know what subversion means, right? You can't affect expectations if you're completely different from the target genre, so of course it shares certain aspects with other shonens.

C'mon, man.

Anyways, I'm still depressed.

Top Bottom