• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Togashi puts the little twist on the usual tropes and cliches and makes it all feel fresh. In a normal shonen, Chrollo would have killed one of them which would make Killua want to kill them and he'll try, but he'll get eviler and eviler and more obsessed with power unless Gon can snap him out of it.

But in this, it's just business and when they ain't gettin paid, the Zoldycks ain't gonna do shit. There's no enmity between the Zoldycks and the Troupe.

Togashi puts the little twist on the usual tropes and cliches and makes it all feel fresh. In a normal shonen, Chrollo would have killed one of them which would make Killua want to kill them and he'll try, but he'll get eviler and eviler and more obsessed with power unless Gon can snap him out of it.

But in this, it's just business and when they ain't gettin paid, the Zoldycks ain't gonna do shit. There's no enmity between the Zoldycks and the Troupe.
One of the best lines was when the granddad said we don't do this for pleasure. The Zoldyck's aren't these psychotic killing machines like they'd be in some other random Shounen show. It's a business to them pure and simple. I also like how it's implied that Chrollo and Silva have fought before, but there's no real rivalry or bad blood between them. They're not plotting to hunt each down in their down time. They do what they have to do and formulate their own game plans that have nothing to do with each other. Hell they didn't even plot anything with Illumi, they knowingly let Illumi take his own job, wasn't even a secret. Maybe they raced each other to see who would get the job done first, but that's it. Illumi killed their money faucet so they fucked right off and did something else. So far the only out right crazy Zoldyck is Killua's Geordi Leforge mother.
Chrollo is boss as fuck, I wish we would somehow get a flashback to his fight with Silva
I love how he's not spouting off a whole bunch of emo bullshit like Pain from Naruto. He's the boss you don't fuck with him unless you're crazy like fucking Hisoka.

zero_suit

One of the best lines was when the granddad said we don't do this for pleasure. The Zoldyck's aren't these psychotic killing machines like they'd be in some other random Shounen show. It's a business to them pure and simple. I also like how it's implied that Chrollo and Silva have fought before, but there's no real rivalry or bad blood between them. They're not plotting to hunt each down in their down time. They do what they have to do and formulate their own game plans that have nothing to do with each other. Hell they didn't even plot anything with Illumi, they knowingly let Illumi take his own job, wasn't even a secret. Maybe they raced each other to see who would get the job done first, but that's it. Illumi killed their money faucet so they fucked right off and did something else. So far the only out right crazy Zoldyck is Killua's Geordi Leforge mother.

I love how he's not spouting off a whole bunch of emo bullshit like Pain from Naruto. He's the boss you don't fuck with him unless you're crazy like fucking Hisoka.

Will you read the manga after this?

Fandangox

How much is there after Chimera Ant arc, which is where this ends right?

The anime continues a bit after the Chimera Ant Arc, there's an "Election" arc, after that the anime ends. The Manga continues after that arc, and we are already a few chapters into the new arc, we also got 11 more chapters recently when HxH got back from Hiatus, but it has stopped again for now.

Will you read the manga after this?
Most likely. I read Naruto after a certain point and this is way better than Naruto.
The anime continues a bit after the Chimera Ant Arc, there's an "Election" arc, after that the anime ends. The Manga continues after that arc, and we are already a few chapters into the new arc, we also got 11 more chapters recently when HxH got back from Hiatus, but it has stopped again for now.
Oh Ok, I thought Togashi wrote like two chapters and went back into hibernation to play more Dragon Quest or something.

Chrollo and the Phantom Troupe in general aren't spouting nonsense about how the world should be and blah blah blah. They steal shit. That's it. They want something shiny and they'll take it by force because it's fun. Sometimes they're clever about it. It's the thrill of it. They're not out to change the world, they want to steal it.

Oh Ok, I thought Togashi wrote like two chapters and went back into hibernation to play more Dragon Quest or something.

He wrote a couple of chapters leading into the next big arc and then went into hiatus. I think that was back in 2014. Then in April of this year, he came back with some more chapters, still giving the prologue on the next arc, but he also gave us a very pleasant surprise that played out in full. I'm very thankful that event happened.

smurfx

get some go again
i think one of the editors said that this hiatus will be shorter than the others so hopefully we get new chapters by the end of the year or early next year if we're lucky.

remz

seemed in high spirits when he was doing that kishimoto interview. I remember during the last long hiatus he was basically a ghost, no interviews no nothing. I think he'll make it back on before the end of the year.

casiopao

i think one of the editors said that this hiatus will be shorter than the others so hopefully we get new chapters by the end of the year or early next year if we're lucky.

I am not going to hold my breath for that lol.^_^ Togashi had hurt me so much here.T_T

Chrollo and the Phantom Troupe in general aren't spouting nonsense about how the world should be and blah blah blah. They steal shit. That's it. They want something shiny and they'll take it by force because it's fun. Sometimes they're clever about it. It's the thrill of it. They're not out to change the world, they want to steal it.

He wrote a couple of chapters leading into the next big arc and then went into hiatus. I think that was back in 2014. Then in April of this year, he came back with some more chapters, still giving the prologue on the next arc, but he also gave us a very pleasant surprise that played out in full. I'm very thankful that event happened.
Lol it'll probably take him four years to finish writing the prologue. I like Phantom Troupe though. They're simple people, yet they have a lot of respect for each other...except for Hisoka, but even he seems to like the Nen stitches woman.

Lol it'll probably take him four years to finish writing the prologue. I like Phantom Troupe though. They're simple people, yet they have a lot of respect for each other...except for Hisoka, but even he seems to like the Nen stitches woman.

I love the Phantom Troupe because they feel like a family. Unlike Akatsuki, they look out for each other. You get a real sense of camaraderie with them which is really important.

I love the Phantom Troupe because they feel like a family. Unlike Akatsuki, they look out for each other. You get a real sense of camaraderie with them which is really important.
Yeah they seem really alarmed by the death fortunes. They do seem to really care about each other too. I find if quite funny that Nobunaga was trying to recruit Gon. They don't even seem like assholes either. They're just thieves.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah they seem really alarmed by the death fortunes. They do seem to really care about each other too. I find if quite funny that Nobunaga was trying to recruit Gon. They don't even seem like assholes either. They're just thieves.

They murdered everyone in Kurapika's village.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

They all have a code of honor but they're also pretty ruthless and fucked up. Then again most of the Hunter Association seems to be pretty fucked up to. They don't exactly attract mundane and boring people.

Kieli

Always cool to see enemies duking it out early on that are way above the protagonists' paygrade.

Togashi always foreshadows shit one arc early. Like, or even two arcs early, cool!

Like when old man uses nen to open doors, or when gon and killua buy GI 'n stuff.

She's level headed, nice, and a valuable asset. What episode are you on now?
56. She does an excellent job of keeping hot headed Kurapika in check.
Her Nen ability is surprisingly powerful for how simple it is.
Is that tied to her flute playing? I like how her backstory is tied to some song of death. I find it beautiful in a fucked up sort of way. What the fuck am I fucking watching? "This is too complicated to say, so I'll just shoot the information into your fucking head." Nen ladies and gentlemen.

What's really interesting is that neither Killua nor Gon have their specific nen ability yet.They just know the basics. They don't even fight. They wouldn't be able to win. All they do is run, pretty much. Then again, this arc isn't really about them.

Yonafunu

Come on guys, stop guiding Jaded Writer so much. There's no need to tell him when the arcs start and stop, just let it happen. That's how all of us experienced it.

Check the edit. I don't see the problem with telling someone when an arc ends or when the series ends. It's not a spoiler. But if he doesn't want it, then I'll stop.

Yonafunu

Check the edit. I don't see the problem with telling someone when an arc ends or when the series ends. It's not a spoiler. But if he doesn't want it, then I'll stop.

It's fine, I just don't understand the point when he never asked. He's already watching it.

But you're right, I'll stop.

Edit: sorry for derailing!

Don't worry I really don't mind that. I would like to know what they do after this since they seemed to have dropped the "lets get a copy of Greed Island" story thread already.
What's really interesting is that neither Killua nor Gon have their specific nen ability yet.They just know the basics. They don't even fight. They wouldn't be able to win. All they do is run, pretty much. Then again, this arc isn't really about them.
Yeah this isn't written like Naruto with Naruto and Sasuke having a fuck ton of OP techniques already. Gon and Killua are going at their own pace, which is fast, but not fast enough to allow them to fight the threats of the show yet.

It's fine, I just don't understand the point when he never asked. He's already watching it.

But you're right, I'll stop.

Edit: sorry for derailing!
My initial post came off super adversarial. My bad. I forget to put the smiley face.

Yeah this isn't written like Naruto with Naruto and Sasuke having a fuck ton of OP techniques already. Gon and Killua are going at their own pace, which is fast, but not fast enough to allow them to fight the threats of the show yet.

I think around this time, Naruto was deep into the Chuunin Exam and everyone already had their abilities with shadow clones and jutsus and whatnot. Well before that, we caught a glimpse of Naruto's fox chakra. Gon and Killua just know the basics of the basics.

My initial post came off super adversarial. My bad. I forget to put the smiley face.

I think around this time, Naruto was deep into the Chuunin Exam and everyone already had their abilities with shadow clones and jutsus and whatnot. Well before that, we caught a glimpse of Naruto's fox chakra. Gon and Killua just know the basics of the basics.
And Sasuke was probably learning the Chidori as well. Gon and Killua, they don't really know anything yet. They can curb stomp the fuck out of regular people and people that are like novices at Nen, but anybody worth their weight in salt are probably too strong for Gon and Killua still. HxH is still in basics mode for the protagonist and it's usually people well above their pay grade to show the viewer the potential of Nen it's actually quite an interesting way of writing a battle shounen series. The moment where Hisoka finds out he can't fight Chrollo cause of what Kurapika did was hilarious. "You can't use Nen? Fuck dis I'm out." New OP. Hisoka, Gon and Killua look like they'll be joining forces...should I be getting hype for this? Cause it sounds hype as fuck.

New OP. Hisoka, Gon and Killua look like they'll be joining forces...should I be getting hype for this? Cause it sounds hype as fuck.

Get hyped for it. IT's an amazing part.

When I first heard about the Greed island arc, I thought it would be like Yugi-Oh, but it ended up being very different.

And Sasuke was probably learning the Chidori as well. Gon and Killua, they don't really know anything yet. They can curb stomp the fuck out of regular people and people that are like novices at Nen, but anybody worth their weight in salt are probably too strong for Gon and Killua still. HxH is still in basics mode for the protagonist and it's usually people well above their pay grade to show the viewer the potential of Nen it's actually quite an interesting way of writing a battle shounen series. The moment where Hisoka finds out he can't fight Chrollo cause of what Kurapika did was hilarious. "You can't use Nen? Fuck dis I'm out." New OP. Hisoka, Gon and Killua look like they'll be joining forces...should I be getting hype for this? Cause it sounds hype as fuck.

A9_TV_PCMAA3kaC.png

Utterly amazing

Top Bottom