• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Bisquit Kreuger just fucking CQC'd this motherfucker stupid enough to eat her hair.
tumblr_nr4wwoFvPp1tjvvhho6_400.gif

tumblr_nr4wwoFvPp1tjvvhho7_400.gif

At the very least Bisky is a lot nicer than Genkai is as a teacher. Yusuke was having nightmares over Genkai's teachings.
Killua never fucking learns...
tumblr_mh91twSuQO1s4to20o1_500.gif

I love Bisky. She's a great teacher.
She's a nice woman, a little extreme, but she wasn't Genkai extreme...I think. She did make them fight that serial killer though. Though he couldn't hang with Gon and Killua for too long though. Man if I hear the word "Bomber" one more god damn time. I feel like I'm watching Macross 7.

Fandangox

The interesting thing about that hunter that ate hair, is that if I recall correctly, he is a blacklist hunter that somehow managed to get on the blacklist himself. I wonder what kind of shit he did.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
She's a nice woman, a little extreme, but she wasn't Genkai extreme...I think. She did make them fight that serial killer though. Though he couldn't hang with Gon and Killua for too long though. Man if I hear the word "Bomber" one more god damn time. I feel like I'm watching Macross 7.

Bomber

HStallion

What I like about training segments in HxH is that sometimes the training isn't enough or they stop and change it up when they realize the training isn't going to work.

HStallion

Some black dude just summoned a Nen Beast...Togashi? What kind of crack are you on?

So have different groups started formulating how they're going to beat Greed Island yet? I forget exactly where the Nen Exorcist comes in after that except after the Mad Bomber reveals himself.

You think that's weird, wait until you reach the last arc of the anime.
How the hell does this keep getting weirder?
So have different groups started formulating how they're going to beat Greed Island yet? I forget exactly where the Nen Exorcist comes in after that except after the Mad Bomber reveals himself.
Mr. Bomba just blew up some people and I think this ep Killua left to register for the Hunter Exam.

HStallion

How the hell does this keep getting weirder?

Mr. Bomba just blew up some people and I think this ep Killua left to register for the Hunter Exam.

Hah yeah forgot about that whole random interlude where Killua decides to go out and finally get his Hunter's license hah.

Fandangox

As much as I love HxH Greed Island is up there with my least favorite arcs, I feel like it just really goes nowhere for the first half of it, and the bomber is kind of forgettable even if the application of his Nen is a pretty unique take on the BLOWING UP STUFF shenanigans.

The Razor volleyball game
tho, 10/10

As much as I love HxH Greed Island is up there with my least favorite arcs, I feel like it just really goes nowhere for the first half of it, and the bomber is kind of forgettable even if the application of his Nen is a pretty unique take on the BLOWING UP STUFF shenanigans.

The Razor volleyball game
tho, 10/10

Yeah, I dug the training sessions with Biscuit and
the volleyball match
, but everything else in the arc really dragged.

Killua starts the Hunter exam by knocking out 1400 people in 90 minutes, including the dude that won his money back. God damn. Lol that was it? Netero just gave him the damn thing.

Ray Down

Banned
Bisquit Kreuger just fucking CQC'd this motherfucker stupid enough to eat her hair.
tumblr_nr4wwoFvPp1tjvvhho6_400.gif

tumblr_nr4wwoFvPp1tjvvhho7_400.gif

At the very least Bisky is a lot nicer than Genkai is as a teacher. Yusuke was having nightmares over Genkai's teachings.
Killua never fucking learns...
tumblr_mh91twSuQO1s4to20o1_500.gif

I see you are liking HXH Tsunade.

I LOVE greed island and I think it's brilliant.
Togashi is at his best when he starts getting way too detailed and I thought all of the training was layed out in a way that made it seem really useful. They weren't increasing their power level, they were learning core mechanics of nen fighting that all made sense.

I think GI is my favorite training arc ever. I love the back drop of a MMO and all the cards. He actually took the time to write out every spell card and what it does in the back pages of the manga. Way too much detail : )

Best thing in a way is that Togashi didn't make it some long ass thing. It seemed like Killua just departed Gon to go to a grocery store to buy some toilet paper and now he's back with Gon.

That was one of my favorite moments. They just subvert the whole idea and Killua bodies everyone and finishes instantly.

Killua's like, "fuck you people I ran through this shit last year." Then he just stomps them and peaces out like, "I'm not doing this shit next year so good luck, I'm going back to my bro."

Ferrio

Banned
I LOVE greed island and I think it's brilliant.
Togashi is at his best when he starts getting way too detailed and I thought all of the training was layed out in a way that made it seem really useful. They weren't increasing their power level, they were learning core mechanics of nen fighting that all made sense.

Best arc imo. I'm not a big follower of the series, but I'm still kinda shocked at the amount of people who hate it and think the
babysitting insect playing checkers
arc was better.

Best arc imo. I'm not a big follower of the series, but I'm still kinda shocked at the amount of people who hate it and think the
babysitting insect playing checkers arc was better.

I think that arc WAS better but I've never understood the hate for GI.

This read did remind me that I've never watched the dub, so I'm going to do that when I get home later. I just lived with the original audio of both series for so long, I hadn't watched the dub. Worried though since I'm going to be picky about voices in this show.

Fandangox

Killua starts the Hunter exam by knocking out 1400 people in 90 minutes, including the dude that won his money back. God damn. Lol that was it? Netero just gave him the damn thing.

"Okay though, for real, wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if I was the only one to pass the exam"

"Netero: Yes, actually, here's your license"

Moaradin

arc was better.

That arc is the best but there isn't a single arc in HxH I dislike. They're all good.

Even the weakest one (Hunter Exams) is still pretty good. I appreciate it a lot more after rewatching it on Toonami lately.

"Okay though, for real, wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if I was the only one to pass the exam"

"Netero: Yes, actually, here's your license"
At least they got pwned by post character development Killua and not when we first see him. He would've given that guy a bag full of hearts instead of badges. Oh god Early Killua with current Killua's powers? Fucking murder machine.

Moaradin

Was there something in the manga that made the arc better? I swear I'm missing something. One of those rare times that I cannot see why people like it.

It's a very different thing and not everyone will like it. I personally think it's the best shonen arc ever lol

It's a very different thing and not everyone will like it. I personally think it's the best shonen arc ever lol

I agree. It's just a combination of where it start and where it ends and now nothing really happens the way anything plans, including the readers. I do think part of it is that at the time we never thought it would finish and then the whole thing comes out 10 chapters every 9 months. I was on the edge of my seat.

It's like how I think you get more from watching a show 1 episode a week rather than binge watching. Every time 10 chapters would end, we would be discussing it forever.

I enjoyed Greed Island my first time through, but then I watched it again and loved it. I love the training that takes place. Gon and Killua learn advance techniques that separate novices from experts.

Genthru is still a weak villain, especially after we had the Phantom Troupe in Yorknew.

All of the villains except for Genthru have something to do with love whether it's platonic, romantic, or familial. Genthru might count as platonic
since he wants his friends to be saved at the end, but I think that's a stretch.
Love is how [SERIES SPOILERS]
Meruem is made sympathetic after killing a child on screen in cold blood.

At least, that's my take on it.

Daingurse

arc was better.

That arc is easily better, and Greed Island is definitely one of the weaker arcs in HxH. But still, even the weaker arcs are good in HxH, and I really enjoy Greed Island.

I love the amount of detail Togashi fleshed out for the game. An entire standalone series could have built around Greed Island. Shit is crazy dense lol.

Agreed, as always. There is no better shonen story arc for me.

I saw the thread bump and thought there was new stuff :/, I think one of my favorites is the original Hunter exam. Kurapika was my favorite, dislike the changes when he went full avenge mode. At least Hisoka is still fun.

Top Bottom