• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

shira

kawaii
SE4ecn6.gif

So Gon finally beats Genthru by losing a fucking hand cause the kid's fucking suicidal and beats Greed Island and his reward is a card handed to him by a messy ass hoarder.
I would've died if Madhouse used this artwork...
184_11_done.jpg

Wow, what wild ride. Never really followed the show or manga and just recently finished the anime in about 3 weeks. So many feels and so much more to come! Didn't realize I've been missing out.

What manga chapter does the next arc start after the end of the anime? And we're there any major bits not in the manga that are present in the anime or vice versa?

phaze

That's the only chapter that didn't get updated some reason

That's indeed weird if that's the case.

Wow, what wild ride. Never really followed the show or manga and just recently finished the anime in about 3 weeks. So many feels and so much more to come! Didn't realize I've been missing out.

What manga chapter does the next arc start after the end of the anime? And we're there any major bits not in the manga that are present in the anime or vice versa?

Seems like chapter 340 is the one to go for.

As for the latter I can't say for sure, I think there was some stuff omitted in the first arc as it was from what I've heard pretty rushed but not anything particularly important.

Seems like chapter 340 is the one to go for.

As for the latter I can't say for sure, I think there was some stuff omitted in the first arc as it was from what I've heard pretty rushed but not anything particularly important.
Thanks a bunch! And wow, it starts off just where I was hoping it would go
dat dark continent
!

If there's one thing I've been always impressed by this series, it's definitely the world building and lore. So damn good.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

From what I've read, a major battle missing which happened just recently:

Hisoka vs Chrollo Apparently Hisoka gets completely wrecked, losing several limbs and dying. After chrollo leaves, his bungie gum reattaches his limbs and kickstarts his heart, and since his body is now augmented with his bungie gum, he's more powerful than ever

From what I've read, a major battle missing which happened just recently:

Hisoka vs Chrollo Apparently Hisoka gets completely wrecked, losing several limbs and dying. After chrollo leaves, his bungie gum reattaches his limbs and kickstarts his heart, and since his body is now augmented with his bungie gum, he's more powerful than ever
I'm so grateful we got that fight. It's amazing to see two highly skilled nen users fighting each other

U should start watching faster lol. (Man this makes me remember marathoning LoGH in a single week lol.)^^
I have a day job and the occasional freelance gig. I'd be further up but I felt like I should get caught up on Nardo Shitpooden. Is it just me or do the Chimera Ant offspring retain portions of their human selves. I think the Chimera ant that came from one of the kids actively decided not to kill his mom. That's the fastest I've ever seen a fucking turtle move. I guess the Queen ate Sonic the fucking hedgehog cause that turtle was like, "Gotta go fast!!" He's so lucky that shell was bullet resistant.

casiopao

I have a day job and the occasional freelance gig. I'd be further up but I felt like I should get caught up on Nardo Shitpooden. Is it just me or do the Chimera Ant offspring retain portions of their human selves. I think the Chimera ant that came from one of the kids actively decided not to kill his mom. That's the fastest I've ever seen a fucking turtle move. I guess the Queen ate Sonic the fucking hedgehog cause that turtle was like, "Gotta go fast!!" He's so lucky that shell was bullet resistant.

Yes. Some of the Chimera Ant does possess the knowledge and memories of their previous human incarnation. This will be even further explore in the future episode.^_^

Lol. U should take a break to sit down and do HxH marathon lol.^^

Yes. Some of the Chimera Ant does possess the knowledge and memories of their previous human incarnation. This will be even further explore in the future episode.^_^

Lol. U should take a break to sit down and do HxH marathon lol.^^
I have watched almost 80 episodes since August 14. I'd be well past 80 if I didn't decide to finally start playing the Ni-Oh demo today.

If Killua is ya boy you will love this arc, really gets more devlopment.
Cool, I love his friendship with Gon. His whole world changed when he met Gon and vice versa. They barely even seem like rivals. This arc so far just seems like an excuse for Togashi to throw random animals together and design around it.

casiopao

I have watched almost 80 episodes since August 14. I'd be well past 80 if I didn't decide to finally start playing the Ni-Oh demo today.

.......wait 80 episode......2 years AGO?O_O I would not even able to allow myself watch the anime that slowly lol.

But i do feel i am much slower in watching nowadays as my GF is also eating some of my anime time pie.T_T Which is why i end up jumping to manga even more now.T_T

Chimera Ant was nothing when I watched it, I started watching HxH after marathoning One Piece for 2-3 months. It's long, but I was used to much worse when I started watching HxH.

Actually, going from a long running shonen to HxH, the show just gets so much better in some ways. Some moments are doubly great, the way characters develop is so refreshing, and the slow beginning complaint and chimera ant arc length complaints just sorta go away entirely.

.......wait 80 episode......2 years AGO?O_O I would not even able to allow myself watch the anime that slowly lol.

But i do feel i am much slower in watching nowadays as my GF is also eating some of my anime time pie.T_T Which is why i end up jumping to manga even more now.T_T
I had a girlfriend once...I miss...certain...um...things, but yeah I can see how that would take up some time. It depends on my time and how much I enjoy a show. I watch stuff fast, but I guess not as fast as you do. Having a job doesn't help though. Can't exactly watch anime at work with an office full of people.
JadedWriter is used to Naruto Shippuden pacing. CA arc will be heaven compared to that lol
I'm fine, I've been watching anime a lot longer than you think I have been. I like the depth and world building a lot with this. 80 eps in and they ain't even done building up this world. It's like the world in and of itself is it's own fully developed character.

Moaradin

I'm fine, I've been watching anime a lot longer than you think I have been. I like the depth and world building a lot with this. 80 eps in and they ain't even done building up this world. It's like the world in and of itself is it's own fully developed character.

That arc gets crazy detailed. Some people didn't like it but I personally loved it. It made every action have so much weight to it, and the payoff is probably my favorite in anime.

Yeah, it'll be a breeze lmao.
Naruto was glacial though, fucking war arc and that wasn't even the worst part of Naruto. Character development was dog shit. Dude went from applying himself to better Sasuke's genes to Sasuke having to resort to bullshit curse mark shit and divine intervention to compete with Naruto's genes.
That arc gets crazy detailed. Some people didn't like it but I personally loved it. It made every action have so much weight to it, and the payoff is probably my favorite in anime.
I like the detail though. It's easy to see that Togashi likes the world he's crafting. Fuck learning about all them damn Greed Island cards though, holy shit. Gon, It's time to DDDDDDDDDD Duel!!!

zero_suit

Naruto was glacial though, fucking war arc and that wasn't even the worst part of Naruto. Character development was dog shit. Dude went from applying himself to better Sasuke's genes to Sasuke having to resort to bullshit curse mark shit and divine intervention to compete with Naruto's genes.

Sasuke was ass-pull personified. That's one of the main reasons I quit Naruto. That and the absurd power creep.

Top Bottom