• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
it's amazing how sasuke is written as a really shitty cross between Kilua and Kurapika.

Naruto and Sasuke's friendship really made little sense. I find it hard to understand why Naruto would somehow get so attached to Sasuke, like they're complete opposite characters who share little in common. That is not to say Gon and Killua are very identical people, far from it, but they really do feel like they complement one another, it's as if they are a single person being split into two.
What I like about Gon and Killua is that even though Killua has a family it's very easy to see that Gon is pretty much Killua's brother. Gon has a small family and he states that Killua is his best friend openly, but he says that shit with so much sincerity that you know Gon loves him. That's the thing I just never saw in Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke was always like, "dafuq is this weak ass thing doing on my team? Shut the fuck up Sakura! Dis weak ass thing, he's getting strong FFFFFUUUUUUUU!!! Imma go chill out with Orochimaru to work on my gains. Bye."
80% of Shitpooden in a nutshell:
fb9RBj.gif

What episode are you on now? I'm wondering if you've passed one of my favorite scenes
I'm about to start ep 80.

Akainu

The Hunter association doesn't really attract normal people. In fact it tries its hardest to dissuade and even kill off weaklings. They let a guy like Tonpa come every year may to fuck over rookies for example. Though seeing some of the threats they face its not surprising that they don't and can't just hair anyone. That and Nen is apparently totally unknown to the general public despite things like the Heavens Tower showing off Nen fights.
They don't let Tonpa do anything.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They don't let Tonpa do anything.

Ok fine, they let someone like Hisoka murder and maim other applicants but only kick him out of the first test after he attacked an instructor. The Hunters Association obviously doesn't recruit normal people. They even encourage out right psychos and sociopaths to join their ranks.

Ok fine, they let someone like Hisoka murder and maim other applicants but only kick him out of the first test after he attacked an instructor. The Hunters Association obviously doesn't recruit normal people. They even encourage out right psychos and sociopaths to join their ranks.
They let Killua and Illumi join and they're from a family of assassin's. Hell Killua broke all of the rules when he tried out the second time and just kicked the ass of everybody in the first round to bypass the trials. Netero was like, "fine let him join" like the rules are meaningless.

Man, it's very easy to see that the Queen fucked up eating people and turning them into...creatures. These things are egotistical and sadistic.

Akainu

They let Killua and Illumi join and they're from a family of assassin's. Hell Killua broke all of the rules when he tried out the second time and just kicked the ass of everybody in the first round to bypass the trials. Netero was like, "fine let him join" like the rules are meaningless.

He didn't really break the rule he gave a limit to the number of badges you need not that you have to stop.

HStallion

Man, it's very easy to see that the Queen fucked up eating people and turning them into...creatures. These things are egotistical and sadistic.

There are several moments in the CA Arc that are straight horror movie. Also has some of the most emotional episodes as well but there were many moments where I was like,"WOAH THEY ATE SOME KIDS!" That happens several times too haha.

At least Togashi seems in better health and higher spirits lately so I'm hoping his release schedule is a tad more consistent.

I hope so.
I want to see more of the creepy multi-breasted beast and the beast that politely asks if you're free.

Which episode are you on now?

"WOAH THEY ATE SOME KIDS!" That happens several times too haha.
On screen, too!
and then you end up kind of liking the person who did it

Almost done with ep 80. They gave this old man man eating bug fucking kawaii eyes. I just know that some where on the internet there's Zazan Hentai. Fucking Lol Pike so wants Zazan-Sama to step on him. Oh no bee hat chick lady!!!! Why did I have to find out Kite is voiced by Char. Now this is what I think of when I hear him:
MQxFeoi.gif

That moment with Kite, Gon and Killua getting ready to run...fucking bad ass.
This was the only thing missing:
Riders in the sky
Well fuck, they showed what was left of her getting eaten.

HStallion

Almost done with ep 80. They gave this old man man eating bug fucking kawaii eyes. I just know that some where on the internet there's Zazan Hentai. Fucking Lol Pike so wants Zazan-Sama to step on him. Oh no bee hat chick lady!!!! Why did I have to find out Kite is voiced by Char. Now this is what I think of when I hear him:
MQxFeoi.gif

That moment with Kite, Gon and Killua getting ready to run...fucking bad ass.
This was the only thing missing:
Riders in the sky
Well fuck, they showed what was left of her getting eaten.

It was like, oh cool all these characters are coming back... oh damn.

I literally forgot that there are a few of characters that Togashi brings back in some of his stuff. But it's nowhere near the level that Kishi does it.
Well Yusuke is a special case since he was killed off in the first chapter and it had to happen to kick off the whole adventure. He probably just did it to prove a point and be different. Lol Kite's lazy. Dude fucking powers up and then tells Killua and Gon to handle this shit. Yo....Killua was like "BE GONE WITH THE THUNDERCLAP!" Rommet wants to crap on their skulls and crush them.

I don't think he broke any rules and clearly he did them a favour by weeding out all the poor candidates.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guess it just seemed that way since they were so anal about their process during the first exam. Even Hisoka of all people dealt with the process the second time he tried out.

The second exam:

There's about 1500 applicants. The proctor wants to get it down to 300 for stage two so he asks them to collect 5 badges each. Killua knocks them all out in a few minutes then spends about an hour and a half collecting them all.

They were strict with Hisoka because they didn't want him killing any one unnecessarily, especially one of the proctors!

HStallion

I guess it just seemed that way since they were so anal about their process during the first exam. Even Hisoka of all people dealt with the process the second time he tried out.

I think it was the fact he just straight destroyed everyone. I mean if someone comes into your math final and kicks the ever loving fuck out of everyone at once, as a teacher I don't think you're going to argue with them, let alone fail them.

The second exam:

There's about 1500 applicants. The proctor wants to get it down to 300 for stage two so he asks them to collect 5 badges each. Killua knocks them all out in a few minutes then spends about an hour and a half collecting them all.

They were strict with Hisoka because they didn't want him killing any one unnecessarily, especially one of the proctors!
Oh I'm well aware of what he did. They're just lucky Killua didn't break out the lightning attacks. They're also lucky Killua lacks a raging murder boner like Hisoka.
I think it was the fact he just straight destroyed everyone. I mean if someone comes into your math final and kicks the ever loving fuck out of everyone at once, as a teacher I don't think you're going to argue with them, let alone fail them.
Netero gave Killua a gold star for extra effort.

casiopao

The second exam:

I still remember that episode lol. Killua wasted more time collecting the badges rather than fighting lol.^_^

If he had killed them then what would have been wrong with that?

There was no specific rule about not killing in that exam. Plus everyone who enters goes in lnowing they might be killed and they should all be expected to handle themselves.

If he had killed them all then clearly they were not up to the standard required.

SoulUnison

Banned
I think Greed Island was actually my favorite arc.
Chimera Ant had my interest at first, just from hype and word of mouth, but then it drrraaaagggggssssss and wastes some really cool potential.

I thought I was really going to like Morel, but it seems like every time he showed up the pacing somehow got even worse.
There's an episode while he's fighting
Pouf where I think he literally stands around the entire runtime thinking about whether or not he should a move, and then in the end his decision was completely moot, anyway.

Oh, and Knov
seemed like he was going to be absolutely badass but he gets sidelined in the most embarrassing and unsatisfying way.
I feel if the CA arc had been sped up maybe 30% it would have been a lot tighter.

As it is, I place Yorknew City and Greed Island over Chimera Ants.
Hell, I might have even enjoyed the Chairman Election arc slightly more - seeing how the hunter organization operates and being introduced to the Zodiacs was way more of a world building hook.

Akainu

If he had killed them then what would have been wrong with that?

There was no specific rule about not killing in that exam. Plus everyone who enters goes in lnowing they might be killed and they should all be expected to handle themselves.

If he had killed them all then clearly they were not up to the standard required.

Are you talking about killua? He was making an effort to get out of killing people.

After going through all of chimera ant arc, I just found it to be very long and at times to be quite dragging but overall I still enjoyed the arc. But the character I hated the most is the narrator, the guy just went on and on and times even mentioning things are already happening on screen. I mean like yeah I can see that character A is having a hard time breathing, but nope you just got to mention it to me that character A is having a hard time breathing.

HStallion

I wished the narrator was cut down so we could figure out some things ourselves.

I know people hate on the narrator I think the biggest issue with the Chimera Arc that kills the pacing more so is that once they start the assault on the capital, there are like a dozen different storylines going on that are all running parallel to one another with entirely different groups of characters that are all interacting with each other. There is just a metric fuckton of different plot threads so you get like a snippet of each in every episode, if that, and then you have
the side story's like the battle between the Phantom Troupe and the Chimera Ants in Meteor City

I know people hate on the narrator I think the biggest issue with the Chimera Arc that kills the pacing more so is that once they start the assault on the capital, there are like a dozen different storylines going on that are all running parallel to one another with entirely different groups of characters that are all interacting with each other. There is just a metric fuckton of different plot threads so you get like a snippet of each in every episode, if that, and then you have
the side story's like the battle between the Phantom Troupe and the Chimera Ants in Meteor City

I love that interlude with the Phantom Troupe. It shows that they really care about their community, the original members at least.

And we get to see them show off their abilities. <3 Pain Packer

HStallion

I love that interlude with the Phantom Troupe. It shows that they really care about their community, the original members at least.

And we get to see them show off their abilities. <3 Pain Packer

I loved seeing what the deal was with
Bonolenov after he does and says about nothing during the Yorknew Arc. He was just a mummy wearing boxing gloves and trunks till then. Dude seems like one of the best and most powerful fighters in the Troupe next to Feitan and Chrollo. He's throwing fucking planets at people haha

I loved seeing what the deal was with
Bonolenov after he does and says about nothing during the Yorknew Arc. He was just a mummy wearing boxing gloves and trunks till then. Dude seems like one of the best and most powerful fighters in the Troupe next to Feitan and Chrollo. He's throwing fucking planets at people haha

Battle Cantibile: Jupiter!

Act like a dog so you don't get hooved by a lizard centaur. "It's been awhile since I flipped my switch on." Killua done broke this bitches neck. And now the broken neck is the least of her problems, fuck.

HStallion

Act like a dog so you don't get hooved by a lizard centaur. "It's been awhile since I flipped my switch on." Killua done broke this bitches neck.

Yeah Gon and Killua both. I believe this the only time we see scissors used by Gon in the entire series.

Gon just bodied this fucking armadillo dude and crushed him with his hot blooded manliness. I must say I enjoy seeing Gon and Killua fight back to back, you really notice their two different fighting styles. Killua is a lot more methodical than Gon and it seems like he thinks on his feet better. Gon is different, really makes you wonder how they would handle the same opponents differently.

Daingurse

Lol, I remember really respecting Gon for crushing that armadillo ant. He didn't want to kill the dude, but he was still willing to do what was neccessary. And in a brutal fashion to boot.

You make a good point about Gon and Killua's contrasting fighting styles as well. They do approach combat quite differently, which makes watching them fight together quite interesting. You really can't help but compare and contrast the 2 of them.

upandaway

Gon just bodied this fucking armadillo dude and crushed him with his hot blooded manliness. I must say I enjoy seeing Gon and Killua fight back to back, you really notice their two different fighting styles. Killua is a lot more methodical than Gon and it seems like he thinks on his feet better. Gon is different, really makes you wonder how they would handle the same opponents differently.
Doubt Gon would be able to get very far if he got Killua's opponents. Killua always gets the harder ones or the ones with gimmicks that he's immune to, but would destroy Gon. Can't say the same about the other way around, Killua would be able to deal with Gon's opponents most of the time.

What episode?
Most recent one was 83.
Lol, I remember really respecting Gon for crushing that armadillo ant. He didn't want to kill the dude, but he was still willing to do what was neccessary. And in a brutal fashion to boot.

You make a good point about Gon and Killua's contrasting fighting styles as well. They do approach combat quite differently, which makes watching them fight together quite interesting. You really can't help but compare and contrast the 2 of them.
"You didn't respect your comrade so I gotta crush you bruh."
Doubt Gon would be able to get very far if he got Killua's opponents. Killua always gets the harder ones or the ones with gimmicks that he's immune to, but would destroy Gon. Can't say the same about the other way around, Killua would be able to deal with Gon's opponents most of the time.
Gon vs that serial killer in the beginning probably would not have worked out for Gon at all. Same with that bug chick like an ep ago. Lol Gon's path is easy mode. So Killua would've had an easier time with Genthru?

HStallion

Its weird how much of a 180 I did on Gon. I really disliked him at first and saw him as a Goku clone that is just inherently more powerful than everyone else, is stupid and happy go lucky but still a bad ass and just happens to make friends with everyone. That changed after the Heaven's Arena arc and he lost the fishing pole haha Now he's one of my favorite Shonen protagonists.

Its weird how much of a 180 I did on Gon. I really disliked him at first and saw him as a Goku clone that is just inherently more powerful than everyone else, is stupid and happy go lucky but still a bad ass and just happens to make friends with everyone. That changed after the Heaven's Arena arc and he lost the fishing pole haha Now he's one of my favorite Shonen protagonists.
Life and that Killua bond turned him into a man. I don't think Goku had bonds that strong, not even with his own wife.

Top Bottom