• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Daingurse

Its weird how much of a 180 I did on Gon. I really disliked him at first and saw him as a Goku clone that is just inherently more powerful than everyone else, is stupid and happy go lucky but still a bad ass and just happens to make friends with everyone. That changed after the Heaven's Arena arc and he lost the fishing pole haha Now he's one of my favorite Shonen protagonists.

He's one of my favorite shonen protags of all-time as well. He simply defied all my initial expectations.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think he's like a Dragonball era Goku that actually matured. Goku would be running around fighting and still trying to be friends with the Chimera Ants.

That is actually a pretty decent way to put it. He doesn't remain static like Goku does through Dragon Ball and DBZ aside from getting stronger, blonder and getting bigger hair. Also the Chimera Ant arc really pushes a lot of character to their limits and breaking points and the results are spectacular. You still have a long long way to go.

Daingurse

I think he's like a Dragonball era Goku that actually matured. Goku would be running around fighting and still trying to be friends with the Chimera Ants.

Lol, I could see Naruto doing that same shit too. But yeah, Gon's character development and growth throughout the series really made me dig him. Gon is not your standard shonen hero at all, looks really are deceiving.

That is actually a pretty decent way to put it. He doesn't remain static like Goku does through Dragon Ball and DBZ aside from getting stronger, blonder and getting bigger hair. Also the Chimera Ant arc really pushes a lot of character to their limits and breaking points and the results are spectacular. You still have a long long way to go.
Chimera Ant seems like a journey. I do like how Gon and Killua meet so many interesting and world traveled mentors though. Bisky and Kite are leagues better than Wing. I really am liking his adventures with Quattro Bajeena.
Lol, I could see Naruto doing that same shit too. But yeah, Gon's character development and growth throughout the series really made me dig him. Gon is not your standard shonen hero at all, looks really are deceiving.
I'm actually imagining Naruto fist bumping the Chimera Ants with Kakashi in the background going, "Naruto! What the fuck are you doing?!!" I'm so glad Togashi never really made a carbon cut out Goku. Yusuke is one of my favorite Shonen protags and Gon and Killua are right up there now, specially Killua.

Dr.Hadji

And becoming an adult, husband, and father? Goku is a pretty happy go lucky guy throughout, but so is Gon. The obvious major different is when they both had a rage mode "you killed my friend" mode Gon followed through with his rage and Goku still tried to spare Freeza. Heck after the Chimera arc, Gon is back to being his happy go lucky self.

Moaradin

Chimera Ant seems like a journey. I do like how Gon and Killua meet so many interesting and world traveled mentors though. Bisky and Kite are leagues better than Wing. I really am liking his adventures with Quattro Bajeena.

I'm actually imagining Naruto fist bumping the Chimera Ants with Kakashi in the background going, "Naruto! What the fuck are you doing?!!" I'm so glad Togashi never really made a carbon cut out Goku. Yusuke is one of my favorite Shonen protags and Gon and Killua are right up there now, specially Killua.

Gon and Killua grow so much during the Chimera Ant arc. It was crazy looking back to the beginning of the series and asking "How the fuck did we get here!" lol

HStallion

And becoming an adult, husband, and father? Goku is a pretty happy go lucky guy throughout, but so is Gon. The obvious major different is when they both had a rage mode "you killed my friend" mode Gon followed through with his rage and Goku still tried to spare Freeza. Heck after the Chimera arc, Gon is back to being his happy go lucky self.

Goku is static as it gets for a character. His marriage does nothing to change his character and that is the entire marriage is basically Goku is still Goku and Chichi is a raging bitch about it but then again she barely changes either except she obsessed over their son instead of Goku. I like Goku for what he is but he is about as deep as a puddle of water.

Fucking cat bitch is doing brain surgery on this dude. Jesus Christ. "Tell me your secrets, I don't have time to read." Plucks antennae out of this bug and does some shit and he's just there....nude...talking. And of fucking course I'm eating while watching this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fucking cat bitch is doing brain surgery on this dude. Jesus Christ. "Tell me your secrets, I don't have time to read." Plucks antennae out of this bug and does some shit and he's just there....nude...talking. And of fucking course I'm eating while watching this.

:3

HStallion

Yeah I thought the children eating was the worst we were going to see but nope, Togashi really starts indulging his darkside with this arc.

Daingurse

How strong are these Royal Guards? Rammot fell right the fuck in line when this cat chick showed up.

Ohhh, you will see :)

Bahahaha, that paints a great mental image.

Gon is right up there with Yusuke for me too. Yusuke may just be the GOAT too, especially dub Yusuke lol. Togashi is the man.

Jigolo

That's the episode. I loved the scene when Pitou places her hand on Rat guy. Symbolic

That's the episode. I loved the scene when Pitou places her hand on Rat guy. Symbolic
It's like when the Pillar Men show up in Battle Tendency.
As i have always said Yusuke and Joseph Joestar are the GOAT shounen protag
I'm also really enjoying Josuke too.
Ohhh, you will see :)

Bahahaha, that paints a great mental image.

Gon is right up there with Yusuke for me too. Yusuke may just be the GOAT too, especially dub Yusuke lol. Togashi is the man.
Yusuke is probably the best Shonen shit talker in the dub. Him and Huber's Hiei are my favorites.
Yeah I thought the children eating was the worst we were going to see but nope, Togashi really starts indulging his darkside with this arc.
I wonder how much worse this gets.

He certainly fucked up Gon's childhood
Well that's quite obvious. I'm not sure if he's Gendo tier yet, but then again his, "don't come looking for me, if I sense you coming I'm leaving" line really put him in a bad light and I think he said that while riding on top of something that was riding on top of a motherfucking dragon.

Daingurse

Yusuke is probably the best Shonen shit talker in the dub. Him and Huber's Hiei are my favorites.

Dub Yusuke is definitely the king of shonen shit talking. The goon with a heart of gold!

Yu+yu+hakusho+yusuke+middle+finger_2536c4_5877443.gif

Well that's quite obvious. I'm not sure if he's Gendo tier yet, but then again his, "don't come looking for me, if I sense you coming I'm leaving" line really put him in a bad light and I think he said that while riding on top of something that was riding on top of a motherfucking dragon.

Naw, he's Gendo tier.

casiopao

Do I ever get to see Ging fight? Man Char is such a good mentor figure, just don't ask him for advice on women.

Ohh man, for your second info on char there, u are going to get heart broken lol.

How strong are these Royal Guards? Rammot fell right the fuck in line when this cat chick showed up.

Incoming power truth bomb.^^

Naw, he's Gendo tier.

At least it is not Brynhild MC father tier lol. That one is one hell of a damn father.

Spoiler for Toriko:

Acacia is even worst dammit.T_T

HStallion

Oh don't worry he gives you even more reasons why he is complete shit!

Daingurse

Ging may well be the worse shounen father ever

He's a very conflicting character for me. On the one hand, I really can't stand him for essentially abandoning his son. On the other hand, he is a hunter of immense skill, intelligence, and power. I can't deny that he is quite badass in many ways, and insanely competent overall. But I really can't let the shit he's done go. He was not there for Gon, and pretty much dumped him with Mito to carry out his own personal ambitions. Shit was very selfish, and is why I hate Ging. But like I said, Ging is definitely a character I wrestle with, because he has so much hype behind him as a Nen Master and Hunter. It does make for an interesting character though. I like feeling conflicted about him as a person.

Ohh man, for your second info on char there, u are going to get heart broken lol.

Incoming power truth bomb.^^
I consider Kamille and Paptimus the ladies men, though I do know Char had his fair share too. Nanai is best. I kind of knew at some point Kite was going to get killed when he gave Gon Ging's Hunter license, but I don't think this fight with Pitou is going to last long since he's now missing a god damn arm.

casiopao

Oh don't worry he gives you even more reasons why he is complete shit!

It is like a competition by him lol.^_^ Guts father from Berserk is also one of a kind of Ass.T_T

.......wait, isn't Yusuke father is also a damn bad father especially when he is mentioned in the manga? Togashi must had some bad experience with father.T_T

Netero just arrived with some dude in glasses and another dude with a giant fucking club looking thing.
It is like a competition by him lol.^_^ Guts father from Berserk is also one of a kind of Ass.T_T

.......wait, isn't Yusuke father is also a damn bad father especially when he is mentioned in the manga? Togashi must had some bad experience with father.T_T
Um, I don't think Guts specifically has a dad. Just an asshole that took him in and abused him mostly...plus gave him sword skills.

HStallion

I believe there is an interview where Togashi talks about how he didn't start out wanting to make Ging such a shitty dad but just wanted absent parents to allow for a child to go out on incredibly dangerous adventures because no good parent would let their kid do what Gon did. Then he kind of ran with it and decided to make him like we all know.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Netero just arrived with some dude in glasses and another dude with a giant fucking club looking thing.

Um, I don't think Guts specifically has a dad. Just an asshole that took him in and abused him mostly...plus gave him sword skills.

Knov and Morel? :3

casiopao

I consider Kamille and Paptimus the ladies men, though I do know Char had his fair share too. Nanai is best. I kind of knew at some point Kite was going to get killed when he gave Gon Ging's Hunter license, but I don't think this fight with Pitou is going to last long since he's now missing a god damn arm.

Lol. Pitou is going nya nya the shit out of Kite lol.

And, i think Char in the terms of quantity beats Kamille and Paptimus right? Char had Lalah, Reccoa, Haman, Nanai, Natalie, and Quess lol. I don't think any character come close to the amount of woman wanting his 3 times faster balls lol.^_^

Lol. Pitou is going nya nya the shit out of Kite lol.

And, i think Char in the terms of quantity beats Kamille and Paptimus right? Char had Lalah, Reccoa, Haman, Nanai, Natalie, and Quess lol. I don't think any character come close to the amount of woman wanting his 3 times faster balls lol.^_^
But Reccoa left his ass to go with Paptimus and Char didn't seem too happy with that tail any way. How was he supposed to know the key to Reccoa's heart was smacking the taste out of her mouth? Did he really even like Quess? He just seemed to use her. Nanai and Haman though definitely smanged Char. Char was so good to Haman she didn't even really want to kill him.

Top Bottom