• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Killua is the heir to the family, thats why Illumi is so protective

Though obviously in a twisted way
Considering how Illumi trained him it's quite clear he didn't want Killua to die. I do think Killua wanted a break from the family though which is why his urge to leave became that violent.

Daingurse

I do think the family cares for each other. Yes, even Illumi in his own twisted way.

The Zoldyck family is dysfunctional as all hell, but they are a family at the end of the day, and they seem to stick together and care for one another. I think the only one who truly doesn't give a shit about family is Maha lol, per Killua's family flow-chart. His lack of social attachments and bonds has apparently given great dividends too, as his power is legendary.

If
Alluka
was a stand she'd be fucking King Crimson or something cause she sounds complicated as all fuck. Like seriously. Condense what she fucking does into one fucking paragraph, it sounds fucking impossible and argument inducing.
d00.png

Daingurse

If
Alluka
was a stand she'd be fucking King Crimson or something cause she sounds complicated as all fuck. Like seriously. Condense what she fucking does into one fucking paragraph, it sounds fucking impossible and argument inducing.
d00.png

Yesss, my mind was blown when her powers were first explained. Nen just keeps escalating lol.

Just finished 139. Gon's such a good friend and big brother. He sure knows how to stand up to his family.

I know you mean Killua, and yeah, that arc cemented Killua as one of my favorite anime characters ever. His love towards his sister really warmed the cockles of my heart. Dude is an awesome big brother, and a straight up "Ride or Die" friend with Gon. And on top of all that, he can murk someone in a hot minute!

Yesss, my mind was blown when her powers were first explained. Nen just keeps escalating lol.

I know you mean Killua, and yeah, that arc cemented Killua as one of my favorite anime characters ever. His love towards his sister really warmed the cockles of my heart. Dude is an awesome big brother, and a straight up "Ride or Die" friend with Gon. And on top of all that, he can murk someone in a hot minute!
Nen should be a meme onto itself. It's crazy watching this and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure at the same time. And yeah I meant Killua. Killua's the MVP of this thing in a show full of well crafted characters. Dude would do anything for Gon, he's going out of the way to fix Gon's fuck up, it's glorious. Meanwhile Ging ain't doing shit.

Nen's really hard to explain and it doesn't help that it was first explained
with a fucking lie
which threw me off. At the end of the day any instance of super anime magic you see can just be written off with "Nen" just like how any crazy shit Johnathan and Joseph do can be explained just by being Hamon.

Alluka's weird power isn't really that hard to grasp.
You make a wish, she gives commands in return, you fail to comply with those commands, you and everyone close to you gets violently murdered. Except with Killua, cause Killua's just that awesome. It's also not Nen.

Does it really surprise you after Biscuit true form :p?
Yes and no. Tsubone looks like Morel's grandmother.

Leorio: "Ging go visit Gon!"
Ging: "He's got friends, that's more than enough."

Ging you motherfucking piece of fucking microwaved horse shit, fuck you, fuck off and rot in hell. Lol that piece of fucking degenerate dog shit deserved that teleporting Tiger Uppercut.

Kieli

The Zoldyck family is dysfunctional as all hell, but they are a family at the end of the day, and they seem to stick together and care for one another. I think the only one who truly doesn't give a shit about family is Maha lol, per Killua's family flow-chart. His lack of social attachments and bonds has apparently given great dividends too, as his power is legendary.

Rather than not caring, I think it's more than Maha is a special entity who is beyond reproach.

casiopao

Ging you motherfucking piece of fucking microwaved horse shit, fuck you, fuck off and rot in hell. Lol that piece of fucking degenerate dog shit deserved that teleporting Tiger Uppercut.

Ging is indeed best father lol.

The worst father.

Daingurse

Dio Brando is a better dad than Ging and he's a fucking vampire. How bad is this guy from Toriko?

He's the worst. I really don't want to go into it, incase you ever check out Toriko.

If you want a battle shonen with crazy environments, insane monsters, cool world building, and ridiculous character feats, you can't go wrong with Toriko. I mean, there's a horse that's over 13 miles tall in this manga . . . Also, the Hunter x Hunter influences are quite strong in this series. There are some shared concepts in the world-building, and Toriko even has a similar narration style! The whole idea of a "Gourmet Hunter" or Bishokuya originates with Hunter x Hunter! Toriko almost felt almost like Hunter x Hunter lite to me, I really enjoy it haha. Week to week, I look forward to Toriko more than One Piece or anything else.

If you ever consider checking it out, don't watch the anime, just read the manga. One of the worst adaptations I've ever seen.

He's the worst. I really don't want to go into it, incase you ever check out Toriko.

If you want a battle shonen with crazy environments, insane monsters, cool world building, and ridiculous character feats, you can't go wrong with Toriko. I mean, there's a horse that's over 13 miles tall in this manga . . . Also, the Hunter x Hunter influences are quite strong in this series. There are some shared concepts in the world-building, and Toriko even has a similar narration style! The whole idea of a "Gourmet Hunter" or Bishokuya originates with Hunter x Hunter! Toriko almost felt almost like Hunter x Hunter lite to me, I really enjoy it haha. Week to week, I look forward to Toriko more than One Piece or anything else.

If you ever consider checking it out, don't watch the anime, just read the manga. One of the worst adaptations I've ever seen.
All of this. I vouch for it.

Why does a horse need to be 13 miles tall?

Despite Ging being a total shithead and terrible father, he's still an interesting character and you can definitely tell Gon is his child. Like, Ging is what Gon could grow up to be, but Gon has more positive influences in the form of Leorio and Killua (sorry Kurapika, but you know...) which could keep some of that reeled in.

It's also extra funny because back at the end of the Exam, Satotz talks about how great Ging is and how inspirational Ging was to him. But Satotz, you're actually a nice guy

Despite Ging being a total shithead and terrible father, he's still an interesting character and you can definitely tell Gon is his child. Like, Ging is what Gon could grow up to be, but Gon has more positive influences in the form of Leorio and Killua (sorry Kurapika, but you know...) which could keep some of that reeled in.

It's also extra funny because back at the end of the Exam, Satotz talks about how great Ging is and how inspirational Ging was to him. But Satotz, you're actually a nice guy
Everybody that Ging influences is actually a nice guy, except Ging himself. Knowing Ging he probably actually had a Killua himself, but most likely just abandoned the dude.

I've been watching anime since I was 8. It's a thing I love.

Man, I started when I was 13 or 14, back around 2000-ish. Nowadays I only watch JoJo with random Hunter x Hunter rewatches (to refresh when I read dub ep impressions).

At this point I'm like

1: All of JoJo
2: HxH 2011
3: Fullmetal Alchemist: BHood

and I pretty much stopped caring about anything else. I pretty much can't muster any interest in anything else, even stuff I liked when I was younger.

Man, I started when I was 13 or 14, back around 2000-ish. Nowadays I only watch JoJo with random Hunter x Hunter rewatches (to refresh when I read dub ep impressions).

At this point I'm like

1: All of JoJo
2: HxH 2011
3: Fullmetal Alchemist: BHood

and I pretty much stopped caring about anything else. I pretty much can't muster any interest in anything else, even stuff I liked when I was younger.
I still love anime, it takes me awhile to get to stuff, but I'm always curious about stuff at some point, though I'm never touching One Piece and Bleach, never. Though I do take the occasional break so I don't get burned out.
Imagine a single breath of that horse can annihilate one whole city lol.
That's got to be a shitty way to die. How big are the pigs?

cLOUDo

The CA is amazing in every sense
each chapters from the first "expedition" with Kaito and the end is amazing well done
is easily for me the best Arc in any manga

if you watch the manga, there is a lot of chapters with a chronometer, just pass a couple of seconds
so the narrator is necessary

The CA is amazing in every sense
each chapters from the first "expedition" with Kaito and the end is amazing well done
is easily for me the best Arc in any manga

if you watch the manga, there is a lot of chapters with a chronometer, just pass a couple of seconds
so the narrator is necessary
The narrator worked over time, but the weight of the actions and the emotional depth was so on point that the amount of time invested to it was worth it. Do I wish some things were streamlined a bit? Yes, would I sit through every episode again when I rewatch this? Yes.

Fandangox

Best part of the series. The anime censors it a bit, he flips him of after punching him in the manga.

Top Bottom