• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Best part of the series. The anime censors it a bit, he flips him of after punching him in the manga.
That is a man that deserved it. Not even Goku was that bad. That's like Gendo tier. I'm sitting here looking for worst parents in anime lists and can't seem to find one with either Yusuke's mom or Ging.

casiopao

I still love anime, it takes me awhile to get to stuff, but I'm always curious about stuff at some point, though I'm never touching One Piece and Bleach, never. Though I do take the occasional break so I don't get burned out.

That's got to be a shitty way to die. How big are the pigs?

Ummm.... I think the pig is as big as 3 floor building and they eat babies as food lol.

Fandangox

I can only do so much shonen. It seems lengthy as heck and I heard the anime is pretty bloated. Not to mention I do not like the character designs.

The first two reasons are why I dropped it. I thought it was pretty good, but god damn is it long. Reading the Manga should be better, but then again, too long, and I don't feel like catching up lol.

The first two reasons are why I dropped it. I thought it was pretty good, but god damn is it long. Reading the Manga should be better, but then again, too long, and I don't feel like catching up lol.
Like I like shonen, but I can't watch all of them. I watched HxH to wash Naruto out of my mouth, glad I did, but I watch too many genres to do another lengthy shonen series. It takes something interesting to get me to watch it, though I heard My Hero Academia wasn't too bad.

Yonafunu

I can only do so much shonen. It seems lengthy as heck and I heard the anime is pretty bloated. Not to mention I do not like the character designs.

Yeah definitely read the manga over watching the anime. And I agree it's long, but it's worth it. There's really no rush though.

That said, I completely understand not feeling the artstyle, I felt exactly the same before I started reading it. I guess it grew on me, because I really like it now. Oda is just so damn creative, and a damn good artist. The man's a beast.

Assassination Classroom!
What's it about and based on my tastes would I even like it?
Yeah definitely read the manga over watching the anime. And I agree it's long, but it's worth it. There's really no rush though.

That said, I completely understand not feeling the artstyle, I felt exactly the same before I started reading it. I guess it grew on me, because I really like it now. Oda is just so damn creative, and a damn good artist. The man's a beast.
It took me over a decade to start watching Naruto, I just do things at my own pace. I'd like to rewatch and finish Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night though. I finished Zero, but I like the story and characters and fight scenes though, only finished season one of Fate Stay Night.

Ray Down

Banned
What's it about and based on my tastes would I even like it?

I'm mainly mention it because I'm a fan and it's pretty different from the Shounen shows you are watching. Also handles romance much better than any I see in Jump series if you care about that.

Here's a basic summary:

The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who destroyed 70% of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent moon forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate. In class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, he starts working as a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but the ways of assassination. The Japanese government promises a reward of ¥10 billion (i.e. 100 million USD) to whomever among the students succeeds in killing the teacher, whom they have named "Koro Sensei" (殺せんせー Korosensē?, a pun on korosenai (殺せない, unkillable) and sensei (先生, teacher)). However, this has proven to be an almost impossible task, as not only does he have several superpowers at his disposal, including the capacity of moving at Mach 20, but he is also the best teacher they've ever had, helping them not only to improve their grades, but also their individual skills and perspectives for the future.

Anime only 47 episodes & Manga has 184.

I'm mainly mention it because I'm a fan and it's pretty different from the Shounen shows you are watching. Also handles romance much better than any I see in Jump series if you care about that.

Here's a basic summary:

The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who destroyed 70% of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent moon forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate. In class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, he starts working as a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but the ways of assassination. The Japanese government promises a reward of ¥10 billion (i.e. 100 million USD) to whomever among the students succeeds in killing the teacher, whom they have named "Koro Sensei" (殺せんせー Korosensē?, a pun on korosenai (殺せない, unkillable) and sensei (先生, teacher)). However, this has proven to be an almost impossible task, as not only does he have several superpowers at his disposal, including the capacity of moving at Mach 20, but he is also the best teacher they've ever had, helping them not only to improve their grades, but also their individual skills and perspectives for the future.

Anime only 47 episodes & Manga has 184.
Is it funny? Sounds interesting enough, short too.

Toriko and AssClass are good (well, the manga at least, I haven't watched the AssClass anime and the Toriko anime is hot garbage).

Toriko has like DBZ strength escalation in like fast forward, it's ridiculous. The characters start off pretty strong but then eventually you have guys punching the planet and knocking everyone unconscious.

Fandangox

If you are looking for something else to watch after you finish this, Baccano or Black Lagoon are pretty short each and they are really good.

If you are looking for something else to watch after you finish this, Baccano or Black Lagoon are pretty short each and they are really good.
I've seen Baccano twice and wasn't too impressed with it. I own Black Lagoon on blu ray, I love it that god damn much. Roberta is bae.

Moaradin

I can't see the hiatus lasting anywhere near as long as the last one. He seems to be doing a lot better and he's been a lot more active lately than normal.

Early on he had short hiatus, but all the recent ones have been absurd lengths.

https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/
tumblr_njq52osuic1u7591ko3_r1_250.gif

So much hiatus, wow.

Ray Down

Banned
Jojo Part 7 which started in 2004, switch to a monthly manga in 2005 was able to completed it's entire part before Togashi could complete the ant arc.

All concerns I had before watching, only to find myself wishing it was longer and loving everything about the character design, I think on top form One Piece is as good as HxH

woopWOOP

The first bunch of arcs of the One Piece anime are pretty good. Up until the desert arc or so. After that they go nuts with filler arcs and the pacing starts taking a real hit. Recent episodes are almost unwatchable. Pacing is ass and funny moments get dragged out and become really lame. It's a real shame.

It's one of my favorite comics, but even at this point it'll take you a long time to get caught up so I don't blame you for not bothering anymore. Honestly, I probably wouldn't myself if I was still new to the series.

Daingurse

The pacing of the One Piece anime is absolutely glacial, but I still get some enjoyment watching it with my brother. Music and voice work can really add a lot to certain scenes, and I enjoy seeing fight scenes animated. But the pacing is truly horrid, 1 chapter per episode on average and you can really feel it. You gotta have a lot of patience to watch One Piece after a certain point lol.

The pacing of the One Piece anime is absolutely glacial, but I still get some enjoyment watching it with my brother. Music and voice work can really add a lot to certain scenes, and I enjoy seeing fight scenes animated. But the pacing is truly horrid, 1 chapter per episode on average and you can really feel it. You gotta have a lot of patience to watch One Piece after a certain point lol.
Sounds like it'll put me to sleep.

Daingurse

Sounds like it'll put me to sleep.

The first several arcs are adapted very well. You wouldn't really encounter the pacing issues till you're several hundred episodes deep. Which brings me to another legitimate issue with One Piece, It doesn't matter whether you read or watch it at this point, it's a massive time investment either way. I can't blame anyone from being intimidated by the amount of chapters or episodes present.

Lol, I guess the pacing is that bad.

I don't agree with that guy, the music, animation definitely makes up for the pacing and the pacing only really gets dreadful in Enies Lobby late in the series and since you won't be watching on a weekly basis you can skip the obvious fillers. So yeah definitely watch the anime and switch to the manga when you are caught up

The first several arcs are adapted very well. You wouldn't really encounter the pacing issues till you're several hundred episodes deep. Which brings me to another legitimate issue with One Piece, It doesn't matter whether you read or watch it at this point, it's a massive time investment either way. I can't blame anyone from being intimidated by the amount of chapters or episodes present.
I rolled through Naruto from ep 1 well enough but I'm not in the mood to do that again anytime soon.

Do what I do with One Piece: Don't watch it or read it, but every so often open a youtube playlist with every opening and watch them all in a row.

Top Bottom