• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I am at about to finish the Greed Island arc I think, there is something funny about watching all the adults older looking people being so serious about the card game, yeah I know this is not a regular card game and people die, but still it's funny to see those grownups hardened veterans going all like: "hey I trade you my card #75 for your card #34"

I am at about to finish the Greed Island arc I think, there is something funny about watching all the adults older looking people being so serious about the card game, yeah I know this is not a regular card game and people die, but still it's funny to see those grownups hardened veterans going all like: "hey I trade you my card #75 for your card #34"
Best moment is the dodge ball match.

Yugioh taught us all the importance of card games. It is serious business.

I believe that Togashi/Kishimoto interview has Togashi mention that the dodgeball match is the only part of HxH that he didn't have planned out ahead of time.

141 fucking escalated quickly. God damn at how protective Illumi is over Killua though. Threatened to kill his best bud Hisoka over the mere threat of him killing Killua, dude's scary. Lol at Hisoka's toy collection. Oh god, Gotoh vs fucking Hisoka, les do dis shit!!!! FUCK!!! WHAT THE FLYING MOTHERFUCKING FUCK!! DIS OLD ASS WOMAN TURNED INTO A FUCKING MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
141 fucking escalated quickly. God damn at how protective Illumi is over Killua though. Threatened to kill his best bud Hisoka over the mere threat of him killing Killua, dude's scary. Lol at Hisoka's toy collection. Oh god, Gotoh vs fucking Hisoka, les do dis shit!!!! FUCK!!! WHAT THE FLYING MOTHERFUCKING FUCK!! DIS OLD ASS WOMAN TURNED INTO A FUCKING MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!!
Lmao

I liked how Illumi was animated during that scene. He looked dangerous. At the same time, Hisoka was like, "Ain't nobody got time for dat, Illumi".

I'm weak at your last sentence.

I liked how Illumi was animated during that scene. He looked dangerous. At the same time, Hisoka was like, "Ain't nobody got time for dat, Illumi".

I'm weak at your last sentence.
I find it funny how the two mad men are best friends with each other. Those two are so down to earth with each other, but at the same time Hisoka doesn't really seem to want either Gon or Killua to die...cause he wants to fight them and kill them himself. Though I do wonder who would give Hisoka the harder fight. Killua's fucking dangerous these days.

Kieli

I find it funny how the two mad men are best friends with each other. Those two are so down to earth with each other, but at the same time Hisoka doesn't really seem to want either Gon or Killua to die...cause he wants to fight them and kill them himself. Though I do wonder who would give Hisoka the harder fight. Killua's fucking dangerous these days.

I think Killua will be more consistently powerful, but Gon's power will skyrocket when he's fighting to protect someone.

Depending on when Hisoka fights them, if he waits too long, he's going to get his ass kicked.

I think Killua will be more consistently powerful, but Gon's power will skyrocket when he's fighting to protect someone.

Depending on when Hisoka fights them, if he waits too long, he's going to get his ass kicked.
"My Nen has both the properties of rubber and gum."
"Godspeed."
"Oh god fucking dammit."
If Hisoka is dumb enough to kidnap Mito than that man is fucking fucked. I'd love to see him fight full power Bisky. Another thing with fighting Killua is that Killua isn't exactly a dumb person, it's actually quite refreshing when the show decides to focus on how intelligent he actually is.

zero_suit

I think in five more years, Gon and Killua would kick his ass. Harder fight? It is difficult to say since Gon is a master at improvisation. Killua has godspeed of course, but his physical strength is not the greatest.

I think in five more years, Gon and Killua would kick his ass. Harder fight? It is difficult to say since Gon is a master at improvisation. Killua has godspeed of course, but his physical strength is not the greatest.
Hunter x Hunter has proved about a billion times at this point that it's not just about physical strength though. Killua beat that serial killer with immense strenght at the end of Heavens Arena in like two seconds, not to mention Killua's lightning and yoyo's and his intellect. He'd probably still lose to Hisoka, but I don't think that'd be an easy win though...and I don't think he'd kill Killua either cause Illumi would probably kill him and feed him to the house dog.

zero_suit

Hunter x Hunter has proved about a billion times at this point that it's not just about physical strength though. Killua beat that serial killer with immense strenght at the end of Heavens Arena in like two seconds, not to mention Killua's lightning and yoyo's and his intellect. He'd probably still lose to Hisoka, but I don't think that'd be an easy win though...and I don't think he'd kill Killua either cause Illumi would probably kill him and feed him to the house dog.

I am well aware of that. I just don't think Killua would be able to infilct lethal damage before godspeed runs out. After that, Hisoka would dominate.

Well, the whole family would go after him. Hisoka isn't suicidal.

I am well aware of that. I just don't think Killua would be able to infilct lethal damage before godspeed runs out. After that, Hisoka would dominate.

Would love to see Silva or Zeno fight Hisoka. Or both even at the same time. Amane is now riding the Green Goblin glider.

Gin's an asshole
:p
Like even Darth Vader acknowledged the existence of his own god damn kids. Ging's a motherfucking dead beat dad. Even Goku had the excuse of "I'm fucking dead" for lengthy portions of DBZ. Ging's just alive and kicking and just ignoring his fucking kid. GING CAN BARELY TALK TO HIS OWN FUCKING SON!!! WHY IS GING A WORSE DAD THAN DARTH VADER!!!!???? Thank you that fucking messy dust bin of a man finally says something of note to Gon. And after five lines of being a good dad he rolls right back over that shit like he's running over a skunk. "You're a jerk Ging!"
vB9B5.gif

You know Cheadle...you should really just strangle Pariston, pay the iron price and take what's yours, fuck that fool Pariston, fuck I hate that man.

Best fight in the arc. Top 3 in the series. Mechanically tight with a natural reason for the breaks taken for the standard anime dialogue scenes (aka dodgeball is practically turn based).

That last catch is one of the hypest moments in the entire manga, so fucking good.

smurfx

get some go again
i've said it before and ill say it again. give killua that knife chrollo used against his dad and he would just about murder most people in the hxh universe. he was able to strike youpi without him being to counter anything he did. almost nobody in the hxh universe is as tough as he is and imagine killua filling them all with poison and slashing all of their arteries at the same time. at this point togashi is nerfing killua by not having him use some kinda blade.

I'm a little scared to have the new manga chapters animated, tbh, if they ever get around to it. You just know a beloved/goofy character from Gon/Killua/Kurapica/Leorio's past will die. I haven't read the manga but I bet it's Melody or the bald ninja from the exam.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm a little scared to have the new manga chapters animated, tbh, if they ever get around to it. You just know a beloved/goofy character from Gon/Killua/Kurapica/Leorio's past will die. I haven't read the manga but I bet it's Melody or the bald ninja from the exam.
yeah melody and hanzo are definitely candidates for a horrid death.
they might be getting killed soon by the nen beasts

i've said it before and ill say it again. give killua that knife chrollo used against his dad and he would just about murder most people in the hxh universe. he was able to strike youpi without him being to counter anything he did. almost nobody in the hxh universe is as tough as he is and imagine killua filling them all with poison and slashing all of their arteries at the same time. at this point togashi is nerfing killua by not having him use some kinda blade.
At some point Killua will learn Kakashi's Lightning Blade. TOGASHI WHY DAFUQ YOU BUSTING UP THE BEST FUCKING SHONEN BROSHIP?!!!

Snakeyes

Darth Vader didn't create a fucking virtual reality card game MMO for Luke's sake, did he? Ging's parenting methods are unconventional to say the least, but he's not *that* awful of an anime dad given the circumstances.

Darth Vader didn't create a fucking virtual reality card game MMO for Luke's sake, did he? Ging's parenting methods are unconventional to say the least, but he's not *that* awful of an anime dad given the circumstances.
I'll say one thing. Ging has confidence in Gon. "You can't kill my son cuz he's mah fucking son."

casiopao

I dont think Hisoka give a damn on angerung Ilumi lol. He is a huge attention seeker so, it is not strange for him to do crazy suicidal moves.

Hisoka isn't suicidal, but he is all about proving his own strength and facing the toughest opponents.

Eventually, he will have a showdown with Illumi.

Permanently A

G2D5KqQ.png

Considering how Hisoka was staring at the asses of Gon and Killua it's safe to assume that he meant fucking.
Speaking about that. You should read the manga chapters that take place after the end of the anime lol
I put off watching the last ep last night just to drag out my viewing of it. It's going to be sad finishing this, then eventually reading the manga and joining you guys on the Hiatus x Hiatus boat.

Top Bottom