• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Man I'd love to see an Illumi vs Hisoka fight. Same with Hisoka vs Killua aged up by 5 years. That kid should be a monster by then.
If you want to see some more Hisoka action, I would really suggest reading the manga after you finish.

And yeah, just imagining Killua in his early to mid twenties is scary. Imagine once he gets around early thirties when he'll have huge amounts of experience and power on his side...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If you want to see some more Hisoka action, I would really suggest reading the manga after you finish.

And yeah, just imagining Killua in his early to mid twenties is scary. Imagine once he gets around early thirties when he'll have huge amounts of experience and power on his side...

I'm still curious to see where the story is going, I really hope Togashi starts pumping out more chapters soon.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hiatus x Hiatus hurts so much. ;_;

I could get used to something like ~10 chapters and a one month break or so in between. Far better than what we currently have.

I believe that was the idea except its probably more like six months between releases. We shall see though he has seemingly been doing better.

Funny thing is Killua is probably stronger than Gon...or at the very least not as fuck if stupid. Imagine Gon with that Nen fish dart fight. Exactly. For all we know he's probably figuring how to counter Hisoka if he ever had to fight him, plus he seems to think on his feet faster though he's not as obtuse as Gon with what he does.

Hisoka took a huge L. It was glorious.
I loved how Chrollo did it too. Expert strategies and tactics. Hisoka bit off more than he could chew by following Chrollo while he gathered abilities and by letting the location be predetermined. It seems he learned a lesson though and Hisoka not winning made him more interesting actually.

Funny thing is Killua is probably stronger than Gon...or at the very least not as fuck if stupid. Imagine Gon with that Nen fish dart fight. Exactly. For all we know he's probably figuring how to counter Hisoka if he ever had to fight him, plus he seems to think on his feet faster though he's not as obtuse as Gon with what he does.
Oh God, that dart board would have been a nightmare for Gon lol.

Yeah, I'd say Killua is stronger too. More experience (assassination background) and he could potentially have Gon dancing in the palm of his hand with his tactics and what not. I don't think the gap between the two is big even with all that being said though. Gon is still dangerous and unpredictable.

I loved how Chrollo did it too. Expert strategies and tactics. Hisoka bit off more than he could chew by following Chrollo while he gathered abilities and by letting the location be predetermined. It seems he learned a lesson though and Hisoka not winning made him more interesting actually.

Oh God, that dart board would have been a nightmare for Gon lol.

Yeah, I'd say Killua is stronger too. More experience (assassination background) and he could potentially have Gon dancing in the palm of his hand with his tactics and what not. I don't think the gap between the two is big even with all that being said though. Gon is still dangerous and unpredictable.
Gon sacrificed his life to curb stomp a fucking cat girl and he's got the lack of parenting from Ging. Gon's fucking insane.

Daingurse

Come to think of it we never do get a solid idea of how strong Illumi is.

Going by Hisoka's "rating system" I imagine he's a beast. I think he is definitely capable of taking Hisoka out, who is quite formidable himself.

If we'd say the Top 5 Nen users are a tier, I'd put Illumi and Hisoka directly below them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going by Hisoka's "rating system" I imagine he's a beast.

Hisoka was ready to throw down when Illumi even hinted at killing Gon at the end of the Hunter exam and Illumi backed off right away.

He's likely stronger than Killua at that point because of the condition of his suggestion. He's far weaker than his dad/grandpa. Probably far behind Hisoka.

Why would Hisoka pal around with somebody weaker than himself? That doesn't seem like something he would do. So I would assume Illumi is every bit as strong as Hisoka.
Hisoka was ready to throw down when Illumi even hinted at killing Gon at the end of the Hunter exam and Illumi backed off right away.

He's likely stronger than Killua at that point because of the condition of his suggestion. He's far weaker than his dad/grandpa. Probably far behind Hisoka.
Well shit. Would Killua be stronger than him after the Chimera Ant arc? Killua pretty much stopped being afraid of him at that point, but he doesn't want to really fight his family though. Though he said a couple of episodes ago...he's willing to disown his ass.

And Illumi threatened to end Hisoka for asking if he can kill Killua so I'm not sure what your point is.

Gon sacrificed his life to curb stomp a fucking cat girl and he's got the lack of parenting from Ging. Gon's fucking insane.
Yeah, Killua may have the edge in several categories but Gon's potential to snap is one hell of an equalizer. He would just need a reason to snap on Killua. So, consistency wise, I'd still give Killua the edge as he doesn't need much of a reason to perform at his peak.

Yeah, Killua may have the edge in several categories but Gon's potential to snap is one hell of an equalizer. He would just need a reason to snap on Killua. So, consistency wise, I'd still give Killua the edge as he doesn't need much of a reason to perform at his peak.
Yeah Killua's peak is at least consistent, Gon's just seems to be all over the damn place and I can't exactly see him doing what he did with Pitou ever again. I guess if Gon ever threatened Alluka Killua would do the business, but I can't ever see these two fighting to the death.
These two would do great on a later day Universal Century Gundam show.
"Eat your carrots Hisoka."
"But I wanna eat candy."

smurfx

get some go again
at this point hisoka probably keeps illumi around because illumi can use the zoldyck resources to help him in things he needs to do. such as tracking somebody down or tracking down information. of course in the end hisoka will fight illumi when he finds somebody else he can use to his advantage.

at this point hisoka probably keeps illumi around because illumi can use the zoldyck resources to help him in things he needs to do. such as tracking somebody down or tracking down information. of course in the end hisoka will fight illumi when he finds somebody else he can use to his advantage.
Only thing is how many people exist that would actually let Hisoka hang around him? He seems sort of infamous.

Killua is definitely stronger than Gon, even without Godspeed. That doesn't count "Adult" Gon for obvious reasons.

It's hard to gauge how powerful he is because he's only really went up against Royal Guards since taking out the needle. Ortho Siblings too but their power was bullshit and would kill most people.

Killua is definitely stronger than Gon, even without Godspeed. That doesn't count "Adult" Gon for obvious reasons.

It's hard to gauge how powerful he is because he's only really went up against Royal Guards since taking out the needle. Ortho Siblings too but their power was bullshit and would kill most people.
How strong would people consider the thong wearing rabbit? Since Killua curb stomped the shit out of him? Shit Killua curb stomped a bunch of dudes when they tried to ambush him.

maybe hisoka's new bff will be gyro.
Lol. It would be interesting seeing HxH interact with JJBA characters.
"Son if you want to see me again, climb this big ass tree."
*Gon climbs big ass tree*
"Son what the fuck took you so long?!"
Nice moment so far though beautiful scenery.

no i meant gyro from hxh. the anime kinda glossed over him. he was made out to be a big future enemy.
I don't even remember what...oh him...the former NGL leader that might've been turned into Meruem. Why doesn't Ging pay child support? Whoa, the Chimera Ants were fucking aliens!!!?? The world is much much much bigger than perceived. Fucking Togashi never stops world building. It was so nice seeing Gon and Ging tell stories to each other about their journeys. Ging's not a bad dad, he's an absentee douche bag with the potential to be a good dad.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't even remember what...oh him...the former NGL leader that might've been turned into Meruem. Why doesn't Ging pay child support? Whoa, the Chimera Ants were fucking aliens!!!?? The world is much much much bigger than perceived. Fucking Togashi never stops world building.
you really got to read the manga after this. there are worse things than chimera ants.

you really got to read the manga after this. there are worse things than chimera ants.
Yeah I need to eventually clear out some time for that. I didn't even want to finish the show, but I did. Something tells me Kurapika dropped a lot of bodies for that eye collection.

Yeah I need to eventually clear out some time for that. I didn't even want to finish the show, but I did. Something tells me Kurapika dropped a lot of bodies for that eye collection.

There are only like 20 chapters non animated, though some are encyclopedia-like information filled. When you reach the final chapter of the current ones, you will be even more confused/weirded out by Nen.

I don't even remember what...oh him...the former NGL leader that might've been turned into Meruem. Why doesn't Ging pay child support? Whoa, the Chimera Ants were fucking aliens!!!?? The world is much much much bigger than perceived. Fucking Togashi never stops world building. It was so nice seeing Gon and Ging tell stories to each other about their journeys. Ging's not a bad dad, he's an absentee douche bag with the potential to be a good dad.
It is massive. Massive. The threats are far bigger too (literally and figuratively).

Yeah, you can kind of see a bit of potential for Ging underneath all the crap. I think he is just a deeply troubled individual as well.

i thin one of the editors said that this hiatus will be much shorter than the last one.

That is ok, as someone said previously. If he can get out a handful of chapters and then take a break then it would be ok. As long as it follows a regular patter. one month on, one month off. Just anything is better than him having unrealistic expectations of what he can do.

Top Bottom