• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Toriko is alright, I really like Zebra and how he caused world peace was funny as hell, but if you're gonna start a new Shounen I highly recommend One Piece above all. I have watched and read pretty much all of the well Known Shounens and I maintain that at its best its absolute top tier something I never felt about Toriko.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Just finished the anime. All this time, from the art, and not knowing it was the same guy as YYH...

Well I was surprised. Binged it. What a ride.

Been binge-rewatching the past 3 days. Started at the end of Heaven's Arena and right now the palace invasion is starting.

Hot damn dis some good shit.

I love Knuckle trying to use the power of Math to defeat the giant red 6 armed very angry monster.

I'll probably get to the end of CA arc tomorrow, gonna need a tissue for when I start crying

Been binge-rewatching the past 3 days. Started at the end of Heaven's Arena and right now the palace invasion is starting.

Hot damn dis some good shit.

I love Knuckle trying to use the power of Math to defeat the giant red 6 armed very angry monster.

I'll probably get to the end of CA arc tomorrow, gonna need a tissue for when I start crying
Sadly math only defeated Gon.

Toriko is alright, I really like Zebra and how he caused world peace was funny as hell, but if you're gonna start a new Shounen I highly recommend One Piece above all. I have watched and read pretty much all of the well Known Shounens and I maintain that at its best its absolute top tier something I never felt about Toriko.
While I enjoy One Piece, I don't think it is that good. I recommend it but I would put stuff like Toriko, HxH, Magi, etc... above it. Especially HxH.

116 might be the best ep of the series. That fucking raw anger, really good animation (and not a single fight to be seen), never leaving that one room for the whole episode, it's so good, plus Gon's VA sells the shit out of it

While I enjoy One Piece, I don't think it is that good. I recommend it but I would put stuff like Toriko, HxH, Magi, etc... above it. Especially HxH.

I have read all those series and honestly only HXH I would put above One Piece, the others are decent though I lost interest in Magi when it turned into a bunch of beam spams

I have read all those series and honestly only HXH I would put above One Piece, the others are decent though I lost interest in Magi when it turned into a bunch of beam spams

Completely agree. I see HXH and OP as the two kings of modern shonen manga. One series never goes on break, has a mangaka known for being having a legendary work ethic. One has a serialization shrouded in mystery. You never know when it will show up. Doesn't stick around for long. Has an elusive mangaka. I love how the two contrast each other

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No not yet. For some odd reason I'm just dragging my feet on that one. Didn't want to finish the anime so I'm probably not rushing to finish the manga. What's the pick up point for the manga again?

There isn't a ton of material sadly but one really incredible fight.

There isn't a ton of material sadly but one really incredible fight.
Yeah that's probably why I'm holding off from reading it. I shed a couple of tears when the anime ended. Maybe Monday if I'm not too busy at work or something. Maybe even later tonight, really just depends.

An update on my watch, finished episode 117 yesterday night, holy shit, this arc is beyond all my expectations so grandiose all these enemies becoming friends, all these battles, the expectations and these shades of grey even in the villains, you were right guys this is one of the best Shounen I've seen no doubt.
Holy shit at Zeno's landing on episode 117 my jaw dropped, Netero's back story how he used a fraction of milesecond to land a hit on Pitou.

Also can we talk about how amazing the OST is? I am at work listening to it, this soundtrack is perfection, a labour of love, no doubt about it.
Koukai
Kujira Shima Ju
Kujira Shima Yori

So beautiful, so so beautiful, now I have to freaking import this soundtrack from god knows where.

This serie, these feels, I fear for all these Nakama, they are all so likeable... ;_;

An update on my watch, finished episode 117 yesterday night, holy shit, this arc is beyond all my expectations so grandiose all these enemies becoming friends, all these battles, the expectations and these shades of grey even in the villains, you were right guys this is one of the best Shounen I've seen no doubt.
Holy shit at Zeno's landing on episode 117 my jaw dropped, Netero's back story how he used a fraction of milesecond to land a hit on Pitou.

Also can we talk about how amazing the OST is? I am at work listening to it, this soundtrack is perfection, a labour of love, no doubt about it.
Koukai
Kujira Shima Ju
Kujira Shima Yori

So beautiful, so so beautiful, now I have to freaking import this soundtrack from god knows where.

This serie, these feels, I fear for all these Nakama, they are all so likeable... ;_;
You think you're prepared for how this whole thing ends, but you're not.

Daingurse

Koukai
Kujira Shima Ju
Kujira Shima Yori

Hegemony of The Food Chain is my shit. I love that track especially, but the whole OST in HxH 2011 is great.

HStallion

Koukai
Kujira Shima Ju
Kujira Shima Yori

Oh you are just about at the shit hitting the fan really. Things are really about to pop off.

HStallion

The music isn't the best I've heard but there are some moments where its truly stand out and very well done. When Gon
goes Super Saiyan
I thought the music they picked was great and seemingly inspired by the music played during the Monolith segments of 2001 weird enough.

The music isn't the best I've heard but there are some moments where its truly stand out and very well done. When Gon
goes Super Saiyan
I thought the music they picked was great and seemingly inspired by the music played during the Monolith segments of 2001 weird enough.
That's one of the best "shit is fucked" moments.

I'm still sad that that's what Magi became after the introduction of "extreme magic". Sure there's more to the manga than fights, but every fight is now just djinn equip + crazy shit

I'm still sad that that's what Magi because after the introduction of "extreme magic". Sure there's more to the manga than fights, but every fight is now just djinn equip + crazy shit

Yeah I just can't get invested into fights like those anymore, fights like the most recent one in the HxH manga are more my speed

Christian

I just finished this series, and I feel empty. What am I going to do now?! Holy Christ, I went into HxH blind, and I'm blown away. Probably my favorite shounen anime. I'm devastated that the writer hasn't made much progress in the manga for years, because I would really like to keep going. WHAT AM I GONNA DO??!

I just finished this series, and I feel empty. What am I going to do now?! Holy Christ, I went into HxH blind, and I'm blown away. Probably my favorite shounen anime. I'm devastated that the writer hasn't made much progress in the manga for years, because I would really like to keep going. WHAT AM I GONNA DO??!
Read the manga, very slowly.

Daingurse

Read the manga, and then despair. Lol

alternade

Where does the manga pick up where the anime ends? I just started watching(on season 4 currently) and am loving it! Is the anime pretty truthful to the manga or should I consume both?

qcf x2

Read Claymore.
Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes

after that I got nothin'

Read Claymore.
Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes

after that I got nothin'
Claymore is only good if you haven't read Berserk. I watched the Claymore anime and years later I read Berserk and tried to read Claymore afterwards, the difference in the art and the length difference wasn't helping Claymore.

casiopao

Claymore is only good if you haven't read Berserk. I watched the Claymore anime and years later I read Berserk and tried to read Claymore afterwards, the difference in the art and the length difference wasn't helping Claymore.

READ HELCK!!!

One of the most underrated manga eva.T_T

Kingdom is also quite good.^_^
Tale of Sea King(Kaiouki) is also another great war title.^_^
Giant Killing (Best Football/Soccer manga.)

casiopao

What are the first two about? I usually don't do sports manga/anime.

HELCK..... is a fantasy adventure story about demon,heroes and humans but with a crazy twist. You really should read the manga to fall in love with the show. I assure u it is a top quality manga.^_^

Kingdom is a historical manga about the rise of the first Chinese Dynasty. It had great strategy,tactics, great character and tons and tonsssss of bloody battle.^_^

Kaiouki is a another war manga where it spawns from a whole continent to a whole sea where the MC is from a sea tribes which ruled the whole sea helping a young King to conquer the whole continent.^_^(The character looks a bit samey though but man it had great story and chara.^_^)

HELCK..... is a fantasy adventure story about demon,heroes and humans but with a crazy twist. You really should read the manga to fall in love with the show. I assure u it is a top quality manga.^_^

Kingdom is a historical manga about the rise of the first Chinese Dynasty. It had great strategy,tactics, great character and tons and tonsssss of bloody battle.^_^

Kaiouki is a another war manga where it spawns from a whole continent to a whole sea where the MC is from a sea tribes which ruled the whole sea helping a young King to conquer the whole continent.^_^(The character looks a bit samey though but man it had great story and chara.^_^)
I hope I remember these. Maybe when I finish the HxH I'll give one of these a look.

Lol. U can leave HxH alone first lol. As the hiatus is going to kill u there.^_^

If u also like war manga title, Shoukoku no Altair is also another great one.^_^
Togashi has to finish HxH at some point right? Though I'll just finish what's available, sigh and then move on.

casiopao

Togashi has to finish HxH at some point right? Though I'll just finish what's available, sigh and then move on.

I keep believing that one day, Arslan Senki, Tytania and Guin Saga is going to be completed.

Guess where is my faith now.T_T U better prepare urself for worst cliffhanger which is the end of the author.T_T

HStallion

Don't forget Berserk.

At least Miura has been consistent these last few years. He has breaks but we at least know he'll be coming back even if we aren't given a day and date its usually something concrete other than Togashi who we have no clue if it will be a six month break or well over a year.

At least Miura has been consistent these last few years. He has breaks but we at least know he'll be coming back even if we aren't given a day and date its usually something concrete other than Togashi who we have no clue if it will be a six month break or well over a year.
"Togashi, rents due."
"Oh god damn it, time to hammer out some chapters."
Though I highly doubt Togashi is a person that has to worry about paying rent.

HStallion

"Togashi, rents due."
"Oh god damn it, time to hammer out some chapters."
Though I highly doubt Togashi is a person that has to worry about paying rent.

He's most likely set for the life and he's married to the creator of Sailor Moon. He could quite drawing manga today and probably never be hurting for cash.

Top Bottom