• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Ray Down

Banned
At least Miura has been consistent these last few years. He has breaks but we at least know he'll be coming back even if we aren't given a day and date its usually something concrete other than Togashi who we have no clue if it will be a six month break or well over a year.

This, besides even with the breaks I would say Berserk is warping/addressing its major plot points faster than HxH imo.

As much as HxH situation isn't that great it could be worse.... just look at Togashi master Hagiwara.

smurfx

get some go again
I keep believing that one day, Arslan Senki, Tytania and Guin Saga is going to be completed.

Guess where is my faith now.T_T U better prepare urself for worst cliffhanger which is the end of the author.T_T
wish we could get more episodes of the twelve kingdoms. :(

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just finished episode 135.

Fuck this show, no really what the fuck, no one prepared me for this...

Excuse me now I must go lay down, I, I...

Yeah the ending of the Chimera Ant arc is something else. Was never expecting things to turn out like they did but that's why Togashi is one of the best out there. It goes unexpected places and he sells it so damn well.

Believe it or not there is yet another serious tear jerk episode still left.

casiopao

"Togashi, rents due."
"Oh god damn it, time to hammer out some chapters."
Though I highly doubt Togashi is a person that has to worry about paying rent.

Togashi is more or less drawing for fun now lol. The problem is he is soo damn good that we can't stop wanting moar from him.T_T

Hell, even if he stop drawing today, he can still swim in his wife money like forever lol.T_T

wish we could get more episodes of the twelve kingdoms. :(

Don't forget Nana is also in indefinite hiatus.T_T........ Kami ni Shizuku is also in hiatus too.T_T Whats with manga i followed and hiatus.T_T

Man I'm really trying to get thru this and I was almost ready to give up(I didn't like the hunter exam, but given my fav anime I know first hand things can pick up after a slow start so I kept going. Here I am now with them
trying to rescue killua and the lil Butler girl getting blasted
and I was like o shit it's getting pretty good now. Does this arc get even better.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Man I'm really trying to get thru this and I was almost ready to give up(I didn't like the hunter exam, but given my fav anime I know first hand things can pick up after a slow start so I kept going. Here I am now with them
and I was like o shit it's getting pretty good now. Does this arc get even better.

That's more of a mini arc but the next one is where things start to pick up as far as world building, expanding on some of the uhh things hinted earlier and some really good fights, the arc after this next one is when shit really kicks off though.

That's more of a mini arc but the next one is where things start to pick up as far as world building, expanding on some of the uhh things hinted earlier and some really good fights, the arc after this next one is when shit really kicks off though.
I'm not going in completely blind I've seen a few clips when do they start using
nin is it?

smurfx

get some go again
the show really takes off once this small arc is over. stick with it man it's worth it. think of nen as haki/devil fruits rolled into one.

Chase17

The arc you are on is very short. I think you only have
episodes left of it.

Most people generally agree that the following arc is where the show really hits its stride.

Yeah, keep going. The quality gets significantly better. All leading to the final arc where shit hits the fan, the fan is blown back from the force of the shit and you're left in a heaping pile of wtf.

Komugi... are you still there?

tumblr_inline_o537id1dXR1rthx8l_500.gif

Just finished episode 135.

Fuck this show, no really what the fuck, no one prepared me for this...

Excuse me now I must go lay down, I, I...
The ending of the Chimera Ant arc hit me like a fucking ton of bricks it was just so bittersweet to see Super Perfect Cell become a person that I can feel empathy towards and Komugi was just the sweetest person...I just can't type about it, I just loved those two.
Alright I'll stick with it. Also Killua is the best character in this show and I'm not even that far in. Love this kid.
Killua's actually a better human being than Gon is. You think he's awesome now? You haven't seen anything yet.
The lack of appreciation towards the true MC "King" is blasphemy guys.^_^
Killua at least has a good dad and yes I'll put Silva on a higher pedestal than Ging cause at least Silva didn't abandon Killua once he popped out of the womb, assuming Killua actually came out of a womb and not a petri dish.
Komugi... are you still there?
I done stepped on a feels land mine.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So since this thread was bumped, just finished watching the English dubbed episode where Killua meets up with Silva to discuss his future and the dub is seriously so good. Whoever voiced Silva was on point and Killua's death threat to his brother was great!

So since this thread was bumped, just finished watching the English dubbed episode where Killua meets up with Silva to discuss his future and the dub is seriously so good. Whoever voiced Silva was on point and Killua's death threat to his brother was great!
The dub being good is pretty much while I'm moving so slow in watching, it really is pretty damn good.

casiopao

The ending of the Chimera Ant arc hit me like a fucking ton of bricks it was just so bittersweet to see Super Perfect Cell become a person that I can feel empathy towards and Komugi was just the sweetest person...I just can't type about it, I just loved those two.

Killua's actually a better human being than Gon is. You think he's awesome now? You haven't seen anything yet.

Killua at least has a good dad and yes I'll put Silva on a higher pedestal than Ging cause at least Silva didn't abandon Killua once he popped out of the womb, assuming Killua actually came out of a womb and not a petri dish.

I done stepped on a feels land mine.

The funny thing is, i end up caring more on the Chimera Ants more rather than the human lol.

The Human end up being more brutal than the Chimera Ants.T_T Gon being more like animal vs Pitou. Netero end up using disgusting tactics vs King.T_T

What a sad fate for the Chimera Ants.T_T

Comparing Silva with Ging is totally blasphemy toward Silva lol. Ging is more or less a dead arse. He is on the level on Gendou lol. Comparing him to any father is like the worst thing to do.T_T

Tx to Mitou there Gon at least have some semblance of humanity. If Ging take care of him, we will end up having broken son V2 again.T_T

aadiboy

Fuck the king. Yeah, you heard me! He deserved a fate far worse than what he got, he should be grateful he was given free reign in the end. I'm just glad him and (most of) his followers died painful deaths.

casiopao

Fuck the king. Yeah, you heard me! He deserved a fate far worse than what he got, he should be grateful he was given free reign in the end. I'm just glad him and (most of) his followers died painful deaths.

Lol. U monster.T_T King is actually growing into a much better human even the closer he is to his dead while Gon end up being nothing more than a beast wearing a human skin lol.^_^

Akainu

The funny thing is, i end up caring more on the Chimera Ants more rather than the human lol.

The Human end up being more brutal than the Chimera Ants.T_T Gon being more like animal vs Pitou. Netero end up using disgusting tactics vs King.T_T

The king was going to put humanity in a zoo and use most as food.

And the decent chimera ants are actually being protected so it's they got a pretty good deal.

Comparing Silva with Ging is totally blasphemy toward Silva lol. Ging is more or less a dead arse. He is on the level on Gendou lol. Comparing him to any father is like the worst thing to do.T_T

Tx to Mitou there Gon at least have some semblance of humanity. If Ging take care of him, we will end up having broken son V2 again.T_T
Yeah Ging is pretty damn bad, I love how the audience in the Election arc even called him out on it. Yeah the ending of the Chimera Ant arc was brutal, even the art work used on Netero was satanic looking. Meruem tried to take the high road numerous times as well, but Netero wasn't about to let mankind used like that. It actually seems like outside of his mother he'd actually have a pretty good family. Both Silva and Zeno seem like reasonable people...Illumi is overbearing as fuck though.
The king was going to put humanity in a zoo and use most as food.

And the decent chimera ants are actually being protected so it's they got a pretty good deal.
He did drop those plans in the end though. Meruem wasn't all bad, just didn't know what he wanted. I think what we saw was him going from teenager to adulthood at a rather accelerated pace.

casiopao

The king was going to put humanity in a zoo.

And the decent chimera ants are acutall being protected so it's they got a pretty good deal.

Well considering how fast The King is growing, who can't said that he won't grow into loving humanity in the future?^_^

I mean, he already gives a damn huge love towards human with great talent like Komugi. After more interaction with humans, i can see him caring more of humanity and push the civilization to grow even more rather than allowing corruption growing everywhere.^_^

Akainu

He did drop those plans in the end though. Meruem wasn't all bad, just didn't know what he wanted. I think what we saw was him going from teenager to adulthood at a rather accelerated pace.
This was during his fight with Netero though after he gained his respect.

casiopao

Yeah Ging is pretty damn bad, I love how the audience in the Election arc even called him out on it. Yeah the ending of the Chimera Ant arc was brutal, even the art work used on Netero was satanic looking. Meruem tried to take the high road numerous times as well, but Netero wasn't about to let mankind used like that. It actually seems like outside of his mother he'd actually have a pretty good family. Both Silva and Zeno seem like reasonable people...Illumi is overbearing as fuck though.

I mean, u even heard that Netero saying that he is afraid of being pulled by Meruem charisma lol. And he sure like Meruem much more vs those other dirty politician. But his pride as human sure can't allow him to stand below Chimera Ants which is why he keep pushing for fight even with his life as cost.

Yup. Killua family is more or less all great except Illumi and her mother.(And that is also tx to how extreme they are doting on Killua rather than fcuk all Ging to Gon lol.)

I mean, Zeno, Silva, Kalluto, Alluka, and the fat one all seems to care each other lol. Only Maha who seems to give no fcuk with everyone lol.^_^

This was during his fight with Netero though after he gained his respect.
Not to mention
being nuked and having the loving hands of buddha clapped down on him.
I mean, u even heard that Netero saying that he is afraid of being pulled by Meruem charisma lol. And he sure like Meruem much more vs those other dirty politician. But his pride as human sure can't allow him to stand below Chimera Ants which is why he keep pushing for fight even with his life as cost.

Yup. Killua family is more or less all great except Illumi and her mother.(And that is also tx to how extreme they are doting on Killua rather than fcuk all Ging to Gon lol.)

I mean, Zeno, Silva, Kalluto, Alluka, and the fat one all seems to care each other lol. Only Maha who seems to give no fcuk with everyone lol.^_^
Netero barely even wanted to fight, he seemed more or less forced into it. As bad as Ging is Gon's just one weird ass kid. He had like no sense of self preservation. Killua had it forced into him and even when he stopped being scared he became a lot more balanced out in my opinion. Gon just cared about fighting his way and forcing his enemy to go 100% to a psychotic level.

Well considering how fast The King is growing, who can't said that he won't grow into loving humanity in the future?^_^

Wasn't that Netero's whole point though? He's growing so fast with his human side starting to show, who's to say he won't keep growing and eventually come back around to his chimera side. One thing that never changed all through Meruem's evolution is his sense of authoritarian entitlement. He was going to rule with a iron fist no matter what, it's just what was motivating him was changing.

casiopao

Wasn't that Netero's whole point though? He's growing so fast with his human side starting to show, who's to say he won't keep growing and eventually come back around to his chimera side. One thing that never changed all through Meruem's evolution is his sense of authoritarian entitlement. He was going to rule with a iron fist no matter what, it's just what was motivating him was changing.

In the end, it is just the risk of life i guess? I mean, we don't know what future for us so, sure there is chance Meruem will become even worst that the current state of humanity or he can become the saviour that humanity had been hoping for.

On the Iron fist authoritarian point though. If u had a great leader who promote the best people rather than the corrupt people, isn't it better to choose that authoritarian leadership rather than a corrupt democracy? just my view here though.

Not to mention
being nuked and having the loving hands of buddha clapped down on him.

Netero barely even wanted to fight, he seemed more or less forced into it. As bad as Ging is Gon's just one weird ass kid. He had like no sense of self preservation. Killua had it forced into him and even when he stopped being scared he became a lot more balanced out in my opinion. Gon just cared about fighting his way and forcing his enemy to go 100% to a psychotic level.

I see that as Gon getting all the bad point of Ging lol. And Mito is luckily able to bring some humanity to Gon lol.^_^

In the end, it is just the risk of life i guess? I mean, we don't know what future for us so, sure there is chance Meruem will become even worst that the current state of humanity or he can become the saviour that humanity had been hoping for.

On the Iron fist authoritarian point though. If u had a great leader who promote the best people rather than the corrupt people, isn't it better to choose that authoritarian leadership rather than a corrupt democracy? just my view here though.

I see that as Gon getting all the bad point of Ging lol. And Mito is luckily able to bring some humanity to Gon lol.^_^
Even if Meruem ended up being the world savior I can still see the Hunter Association being paid to kill them cause I don't see mankind as a whole being willing to be ruled by a bunch of symbiote aliens. They'd be fine living amongst them, but not being ruled by them so unless Meruem was willing to drop the power trip aspirations he has to go. I can't imagine a Gon without the influence of Mito cause without her Gon's a nutjob. Seeing assassin boy Killua grow to be more normal and caring and Gon going
Nega Super Sayajin
was frightening.

there's no guarantee that meruem wouldn't turn evil again at some point, esp. with pouf running around pulling off his shenanigans

also if komugi was ever killed (or died of natural causes) we wouldn't know what would happen either

there's no guarantee that meruem wouldn't turn evil again at some point, esp. with pouf running around pulling off his shenanigans

also if komugi was ever killed (or died of natural causes) we wouldn't know what would happen either
If Komugi died in front of him Meruem would hardcore flip his shit.

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
In Japan there is currently a rerun of the Hunter x Hunter manga up to right before the Black Continent in 13 volumes. Today I finished volume 12 - end of the Chimera Ant arc - during lunch. I had to take a break at one point because I teared up in the Indian place I frequent.

It's really amazing. In this thread, there are many comments about the fluctuation in drawing quality, but to me it is close to perfect. We can definitely see what parts he wants to emphasize and I personally can not help but be taken aback by the emotion he is able to convey thanks to that emphasis.

Volume 13 will be on sale from tomorrow. I remember the conclusion being kind of meh after such a strong end to the Chimera Ant arc, especially considering how Togashi chose to solve the pickle he got himself into... But I am looking forward to continuing with the manga onto the Black Continent, seeing as all my prior exposure to the HxH universe has been via the 2011 anime.

In Japan there is currently a rerun of the Hunter x Hunter manga up to right before the Black Continent in 13 volumes. Today I finished volume 12 - end of the Chimera Ant arc - during lunch. I had to take a break at one point because I teared up in the Indian place I frequent.

It's really amazing. In this thread, there are many comments about the fluctuation in drawing quality, but to me it is close to perfect. We can definitely see what parts he wants to emphasize and I personally can not help but be taken aback by the emotion he is able to convey thanks to that emphasis.

Volume 13 will be on sale from tomorrow. I remember the conclusion being kind of meh after such a strong end to the Chimera Ant arc, especially considering how Togashi chose to solve the pickle he got himself into... But I am looking forward to continuing with the manga onto the Black Continent, seeing as all my prior exposure to the HxH universe has been via the 2011 anime.

The drawing tends to be fixed in the volume releases which is why you wouldn't see the fluctuation

yeah that's what i'm saying, he's still a pretty big liability
Oh yeah as frail as she is. He'd be calm slightly looking for a medic but once it's realized that she can't be brought back to life he'd be insane. That's his first real attachment and once he realizes she's dead he'd probably borderline destroy the world. Luckily at least nukes work on him unlike Cell for example.

Well I finished this, what a ride it was, everything I could say about this show has been already said here, I feel that the Anime ended at a great point in the story, unlike Berserk I feel that I can wait years for future arcs to be animated and don't need to jump to the Manga to know what's next.
And now my quest for another quality show to watch begins, I have high standards and not to much free time so I can't afford to watch any drekt

Small update(because a few asked for it I suppose)- Man that arc was really really short you guys were right lol. I smiled like an idiot when I learned Killua could've easily freed himself and was getting hit on purpose. Also one thing confused me is his father genuine or not? I mean for a sec he seemed so but than idk.

Anyway now gon and killua are going to something called the heavens arena. Wonder what type of work they'll be doing where they can get money and train.

demidar

His father genuinely cares about him, but he also has to worry about the future of the Zoldyck family as he's the heir apparent.

casiopao

Silva truly love and care for his son. On the other hand, the best father of the year is going to make ur blood boil when he pops out.^_^

XAL

Well I finished this, what a ride it was, everything I could say about this show has been already said here, I feel that the Anime ended at a great point in the story, unlike Berserk I feel that I can wait years for future arcs to be animated and don't need to jump to the Manga to know what's next.
And now my quest for another quality show to watch begins, I have high standards and not to much free time so I can't afford to watch any drekt

same

shit was so good, i'm satisfied where they ended it

Small update(because a few asked for it I suppose)- Man that arc was really really short you guys were right lol. I smiled like an idiot when I learned Killua could've easily freed himself and was getting hit on purpose. Also one thing confused me is his father genuine or not? I mean for a sec he seemed so but than idk.

Anyway now gon and killua are going to something called the heavens arena. Wonder what type of work they'll be doing where they can get money and train.
Silva is the real deal, his family as a whole does love him. The only one that borders on "dude what the fuck is your problem" is Illumi which only starts to make sense when you see who his murder bro is later.

Top Bottom