• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

its about time killua gets more spotlight. Was always wondering why they rarely ever dabble on his past time which probably is kinda fucked if he can biribiri on a whim. I just hope he finds a happy medium. charging headfirst vs a more defensive style... something between that.

upandaway

It's been like that from the start. I think as early as the end of the exam, Irumi said he told Killua never tofight anyone unleaa he has a 100% chance of winning.
The final phase of the exam (and the subsequent arc) is ALL ABOUT Killua's circumstances with Illumi. Why would anyone say this is out of character for Killua? I don't even.

its about time killua gets more spotlight. Was always wondering why they rarely ever dabble on his past time which probably is kinda fucked if he can biribiri on a whim. I just hope he finds a happy medium. charging headfirst vs a more defensive style... something between that.
He's not really trying to change his fighting style. His "normal" fighting style is how he fights when it's not against someone much stronger than him, and the point is that he should fight the same way against people stronger than him too.

remz

Potclean's voice was just as creepy as I wanted it to be, haha. Hearing that one sentence over and over again as things escalate, intense. Such a good ability.

Was it ever revealed what Knuckle originally used to measure 1 unit of aura? I don't remember anything said about that.

"most people expend one unit of aura per minute"

or something like that, I think so anyway.
Potclean was bizarre in the manga.

Togashi literally spends an entire chapter throwing mathmathmathmath at us.

Was he high that day?

I like to think he got into some trouble with lone sharks or something similar and channeled his fury at the manipulative nature of banking into a fighting power.

This week's episode reminded me of how cool it was seeing Shoot's power for the first time again *_*

kirblar

Why are a lot of people calling Killua's recent actions out of character?

I've been re-watching the series and I just finished Yorknew. I've noticed that
Killua's habit of running away has been brought up throughout the entire series. It's only now that it's actually being addressed.

I haven't read the manga or anything. Just some observations.
As an assassin, that attitude makes perfect sense, given that your goal should be to survive till your next job.

I just caught up in the manga and people weren't kidding about the Chimera Ant Arc being long, my god. Also what's the status with the author? Last i heard he suffered a hand injury or something so HxH was on hiatus for a really long time. Any updates on that?

upandaway

I just caught up in the manga and people weren't kidding about the Chimera Ant Arc being long, my god. Also what's the status with the author? Last i heard he suffered a hand injury or something so HxH was on hiatus for a really long time. Any updates on that?
Lots of rumors, no official word, but the bottom line is that HxH has been taking lots of very long hiatuses. It averages out to around a chapter per month since 2006 (or chapter 260).

The current trend, which seems to be continuing, is longer hiatuses and longer streaks of chapters before the next hiatus. It'll be awesome if I'm wrong, but if I had to guess, the manga would resume after the anime catches up to it, which would mean the longest hiatus yet. But who knows.

upandaway

do fights drag then? There doesn't seem like that many baddies around based off the intro or are there surprises to come?
There, there. Just wait and see what happens. I promise you don't need to know what to expect to enjoy it!

If you still want something, I'll just say
the enemies, fights and abilities are the easily most varied they've ever been in the series.

Finally caught up after missing a few episodes, the stuff with Killua is really interesting and good to flesh out his character even more.

Kenai

I like to think he got into some trouble with lone sharks or something similar and channeled his fury at the manipulative nature of banking into a fighting power.

This week's episode reminded me of how cool it was seeing Shoot's power for the first time again *_*

I think it's the perfect ability for someone that does not like hurting others, since it disables them rather than having a chance of lethal injury. Shoot's ability also seems pretty cool, although i don't remember all the details regarding it, I'm pretty sure I remember what that cage he has is for. I won't spoil it though.

Phantom Rouge
tumblr_mqtw94tvGO1rqttxno2_250.gif
tumblr_mqtw94tvGO1rqttxno3_250.gif
tumblr_mqtw94tvGO1rqttxno5_250.gif

Was a bit disappointed in the movie in a lot of points. Thought we would get lots of nice visuals for the fights but they ALL turned out to be less stylish and intense as in the tv anime, like nothing could rival the style of the stuff brought about in Heavens Arena or even Kurapika's
Uvo fight
. No stylish overlay of attacks names or etc here was just a bit saddening.

I thought the plot could have been a bit better, just felt weak overall though did give Killua excellent development and nice scenes (though the stuff he's going through is honestly what seems to be covered in Chimera Ants arc...). Just seeing all his emotions was way intense for me
and Gon there constantly bringing him back even in the middle of the fight when he wanted to flee and sacrificing his eyes to let Killua escape.
. Worst part was honestly
bringing back the other characters but making them puppets and then having as their lead someone thats just really dull and not really powerful. Illumi (doll) felt much more menacing as an antagonist than he did

Music was also on the disappointing side, it didnt seem as if many tracks were even introduced just the same ole from the tv. (though maybe there were two but they didnt kick in until the last 20 minutes).

Phantom Rouge (3/5) was alright though at the end of the day just didnt offer much of anything beyond what the tv anime is offering. Cant help but wonder why it was made
they even spent a lot of time animated that two chapter Kurapika thing
. Hopefully movie 2 brings something new to the table.

Silh

Phantom Rouge

Phantom Rouge promised me more Kurapika and more Phantom Troupe, but instead I got a poor man's version of what Killua is currently going through in the anime.

Like… the fights don't even have the same oomph. There was nothing keeping me on the edge of my seat.

The only good parts of the movie were the adapted bits from the Kurapika's Recollections special (which, you know, was actually written by Togashi), which you can read.

What a disappointment. :C

Solon Solute

Neo Member
Rcently marathoned through this via Crunchyroll and have been completely blown away at how awesome Madhouse has made it. Its so addictive.

comedian

Phantom Rouge
In one word: disappointment. Thought we would get some cool action scenes, maybe show some of the Phantom Troupe using some skills we haven't seen yet. But no, it was terrible. Waste of time.

do fights drag then? There doesn't seem like that many baddies around based off the intro or are there surprises to come?

Fights dont drag at all.

They have surprising twists on the shonen formula that keep it entertaining.

Had no problem with this episode.
I try not to predict when or what will happen with this series.
Just being apart of the ride is fun enough.
Enjoyed seeing Killua's though process when fighting the unknown skills of Shoot

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omfg this new episode.

God fucking damn.

Daaaaaaamn.

So fucking good.

I almost teared up at that scene. ;(

Well, that sure was an uplifting episode.

It can only go downhill from here though, huh? :(

Man, when I watch One Piece, I feel like each episode has been dragging lately. But HxH episodes are almost too short. I want more.

comedian

That episode went by really quickly. Don't remember thinking while reading the manga that the King was such a cunt.

Edit: Also, I can't remember how
Gon and Killua end up fighting in NGL, so everything is a nice surprise for me from here

Hnnngh I broke down and read the next chapter in the manga. I hope I can still keep myself from reading the rest. Having to wait a week for a new ep is excruciating.

vareon

Hnnngh I broke down and read the next chapter in the manga. I hope I can still keep myself from reading the rest. Having to wait a week for a new ep is excruciating.

I'm actually glad I forgot about what happened in the manga until the very end of this arc. Don't cave in, believe me.

Kind of dragged a whole lot at the start there or rather for quite a bit.
Really picked up once the attack was launched against neferpitou though, which was surprising that King is just like that.

End of episode...
too depressing, Killua protecting Gon is nice but if he ends up seriously leaving after the thirty days then First episode in a while for these long running adaptations where my eyes were wet at the end of an episode. He does emotion well.

bigkrev

Fucked x Fucked 91

Oh shit.

Not only can't Gon use Nen for 30 days, not only are they not going to rescue Kite, but now, Palm wants them both dead.

Soriku

Fucked x Fucked 91

Oh shit.

Not only can't Gon use Nen for 30 days, not only are they not going to rescue Kite, but now, Palm wants them both dead.

RIP Gon.

Wish the fights didn't end up completed off screen. We don't even know how Killua's fight ended.

KmA

I'm still trying to process what I just saw on screen.
The little girl T___T
that was too much.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm still trying to process what I just saw on screen.
The little girl T___T
that was too much.
Her death (getting pierced) was actually shown in the manga. I knew they wouldn't show it in the anime, but it was still pretty brutal even if it was off screen.

Zom

Banned
I just want to see animated (MAXIMUM SPOILER)
Netero vs the king, and sayayin gon with that other quimera ant

Jigolo

HxH 91 was really good. Slow at first but seeing the King be born made me happy.

I was shocked at the outcome of the battles though. I guess Togashi really isn't your typical shonen writer. Was pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom