• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Episode 93

So fucking good.

A lot of stuff happened in this episode. From deaths, to comedy scenes, and then the amazing build up with that cliffhanger.

I cannot wait for the next episode guys. It's probably my favorite part out of this whole arc. Seeing everything animated beautifully will make this event better.

This show doesn't disappoint at all. Every episode leaves me wanting more. Hopefully they'll release the series on blu-ray so I can buy it.

dan2026

I still can't believe the level of gore they are getting away with these days.

You have the King, right there, eating intestines!!

You have Cheetu tearing off fingers and eating them like cookies.

It actually worries me that they might get more complaints about the series.

Moaradin

Yea the amount of gore in this episode seemed more than usual. Makes me wonder why there was so much censoring going on earlier in the series.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah things were pretty brutal in this episode. Though to be fair, in the manga
the fat guy was shown as having his stomach tore open if I recall correctly.

dan2026

I hate to be the bearer of bad news as well.

But apparently there is no new episode next week.

So we will have to wait for more giant rabbit in a thong action.

Rootbeer

Banned
wait... no new ep... next week :| How can I ride this out -__- this show is so good about airing almost every week, it's kinda crazy

dan2026

Yeah it sucks. Not sure why the lack of episode next week but I'll ride it out.

Also is it kinda weird that I found Palm hotter before she had a wash?

upandaway

That part with the King, seriously. I remember getting chills when I first saw that about his ability. It wasn't just the fact itself, but also that for a while before then I constantly thought, "man one of those ants will probably have some kind of ability involving the nen of the humans it eats, that's gonna be crazy" and then it turns out that the King is the one. I freaked out. It was the exact same way with Chrollo's ability.

Though I'm not sure if it's alright to call it a genuine hatsu, it's probably more like a disposition that his species (that he's the only one of) has, or something.

vareon

Is it just me or does the King's power seem like hax?

The whole Chimera Ant as is hax. There's a reason why Netero himself take care of the situation.

This here is a very minor spoiler, in fact it isn't even a spoiler if you followed HxH anime from the beginning and noticed the patterns.

If anyone worried that HxH becomes a more standard shounen with stronger enemies after another, don't worry about that.

bigkrev

Episode 93

Man, the ladies sure love Gon, don't they? Felt really bad for poor Killua, who put up a brave face when Gon emasculated him.

Palm was the MVP of the episode. The whole building radiating her hatred, all of the stabbed Gon dolls, how pretty she ended up looking when she cleaned up- she is a perfect woman.

Sucks that we need to wait an extra week :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's the point. He's supposed to be far beyond everyone in terms of strength.
There's only one person he can never defeat.

Damn it stop throwing money at Togashi and his family, he'll never finish if you do.

I'd throw all kinds of money at him if he would sit down and create new chapters

Everything about Chimera Ants is hax.

It's like, the main power for the whole show has been Nen, and then Superman shows up from Krypton out of the blue. And learns Nen too. The one thing that always bugged me about this arc is Chimera Ants just seem a little too convenient, given whatever power is needed to advance the story.

tumblr_mrtzi2WB2d1rjh453o6_500.png

Gon should do his hair like that more often superior to his current look. Otherwise on non Killua related fronts felt dull but when he was involved really got to my heart at times. Those glances and inner thoughts and what not. This is probably the second time that Ive wanted to know the outcome of a fight.
really have to wait a week just to see if he can destroy the ant or not. He better because he needs to protect Gon. These feelings should inspire new powers within him hopefully. maybe even some strong determination and will power. If there was any time for HxH to finally embrace the good qualities of anime, then it is now. I believe.

Daingurse

That's the point yo!

Man, these ants are such a threat, can't wait till the show gets past the part's I've read. Even the soldier ants are a problem that cannot be ignored really lol, let alone the fucking lieutenants roaming around. Regular human beings are complete fodder. Kite was right, global biohazard.

Tizoc

I've decided to catch up with the anime having already read the manga til its latest chapter months ago.
...wasn't Neferpitou a male in the manga?

hobz360

Question for you guys. How do you guys think Kurapika would fare against the ants? With his Emperor Time and all that.

Manga Spoiler:
Like say, if Kurapika were to fight the ants that the Genei Ryodan will fight in the later episodes, how do you guys think he'll hold upagainst those ants.

I've decided to catch up with the anime having already read the manga til its latest chapter months ago.
...wasn't Neferpitou a male in the manga?

I don't think Pitou's gender was ever established anywhere, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, apparently Togashi flat out said he's a guy, but never made it clear in the manga beyond the masculine pronouns.

Lulubop

Pitou is male in the manga, in fact all the ants are referred to as male. Might have been a translation error, and it's been awhile but yea. Data book apparently backs this up.

Erigu

Pitou is male in the manga
I don't believe it's ever specified in the manga (in the original Japanese, I mean).

in fact all the ants are referred to as male.
The Queen is obviously female, the first ant Killua fights appears to be as well,
same thing for Zazan (who also calls herself "the Queen") and Hirin/Hina, and then there might also be Shidore/Reina

kirblar

Pitou is male in the manga, in fact all the ants are referred to as male. Might have been a translation error, and it's been awhile but yea. Data book apparently backs this up.
It's supposed to be 1 girl + a billion guys, so yeah, I think it's a thing where even if they're "girls" by appearance, they're still "boys" under ant rules.

vareon

Question for you guys. How do you guys think Kurapika would fare against the ants? With his Emperor Time and all that.

Manga Spoiler:
Like say, if Kurapika were to fight the ants that the Genei Ryodan will fight in the later episodes, how do you guys think he'll hold upagainst those ants.

He'd be dead pretty quickly, no? His abilities can only be used against the Spiders.

upandaway

I am pretty sure only Chain Jail is limited to being used against the spiders.
Yeah but that's sort of a big deal. Think how Knuckle has an entire ability just for that end goal and Kurapika just does it instantly like it's nothing (with physical restriction, to boot).
Manga spoilers (can't really avoid these in power level discussions):
Though if we're honest, even if we're assuming Kurapika's target is the royal guards/king, he'll probably need harsher conditions if he wants Chain Jail to work on them.

I'm not sure if the King and Youpi's abilities to morph are considered Nen abilities or physical traits, but if they're the latter, they can get out of the chain anyway. Pufu, too.

2 are open. 3 are limited. Jail, the heart one, and the nen-binding chains.
Chain Jail is the nen binding chain, and the heart one is open (Kurapika used it on himself). The last chain is still unknown, who knows if it's limited or not.

Tizoc

I don't think Pitou's gender was ever established anywhere, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, apparently Togashi flat out said he's a guy, but never made it clear in the manga beyond the masculine pronouns.

Yeah that's what I remember too, doesn't help that they gave Pitou breasts in the anime @_@

Top Bottom