• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Cwarrior

Hunter x Hunter Phatom Rouge

This isn't hunter x hunter in the same way none of the one piece movies are one piece, they both lack any of the excellence & qualities that separated those properties from the rest of manga/anime.

The prologue manga chapter was excellent even togashi art was excellent best thing to come out of movie same way strong world chapter/ova 0 was best thing to come out of the one piece movies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Crunchy Roll : Coming soon

:(
Whoohoo! Finally it says "7 days" :p at least it's listed now. I have something to look forward to!

One look at the art in the manga will send you running

The art in the volumes is pretty good. If you read online fan translations though, they are usually translated from the lower-quality versions of the chapters that have crappy art. I'd highly suggest NOT doing that :p

Get the VIZ manga app on your ios/android device and you can buy the volumes for 3.99 each all the way up to volume 30. volume 31 shouuldn't be too far away either. Volume 30 will get you past the Chimera ant arc.

Tizoc

Could someone explain something about Knuckle's ability for me please?
To 'pay him back' one needs to damage him with an Aura based attack, but Knuckle must be attacked before the maximum interest is reached right?
So if someone manages to get the counter to Zero, would Knuckle need to do his ability again on them to get Potclean attached to them?

kirblar

Could someone explain something about Knuckle's ability for me please?
To 'pay him back' one needs to damage him with an Aura based attack, but Knuckle must be attacked before the maximum interest is reached right?
So if someone manages to get the counter to Zero, would Knuckle need to do his ability again on them to get Potclean attached to them?
I believe so.

vareon

Cwarrior said:
Hunter x Hunter Phatom Rouge

This isn't hunter x hunter in the same way none of the one piece movies are one piece, they both lack any of the excellence & qualities that separated those properties from the rest of manga/anime.

I'd argue that many of One Piece movies felt like filler that has no impact on the story whatsoever, but Phantom Rouge felt out of place. I don't believe Togashi would write an ability as vague as Omokage's.

One look at the art in the manga will send you running

The manga actually gives you confidence that as long as you're damn good, your scribbles can be accepted in a Shonen Jump magazine!

Firehead

bah, got bored, since there's no new episode this week and made this avatar. Hopefully no one has a too similar of one of him...

Rootbeer

Banned
Gonna be a good ep I can tell :)

14 mins yall

I'm breaking from FFXIV for this, that's how you know i'm a devoted hunter :p

*edit*
Crunchyroll 48 hours free pass for anyone reading this:
K68M7SYCXUA

Soriku

Episode 94

What the hell, Illumi
planted something in Killua? Well OK then lol.

Good episode overall...Palm is too much. Killua
finished off bunny man really quick :p

At the end
Knuckle and Morel vs. Cheetu
...interesting. And next episode we have
Gon vs. Morel
, lol? It probably won't be much of a "fight" but should be good.

kirblar

Episode 94

What the hell, Illumi
planted something in Killua? Well OK then lol.

Good episode overall...Palm is too much. Killua
finished off bunny man really quick :p

At the end
Knuckle and Morel vs. Cheetu
...interesting. And next episode we have
Gon vs. Morel
, lol? It probably won't be much of a "fight" but should be good.
All of a sudden the first hunter exam makes a lot more sense.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I loved this episode. However, I still prefer Killua's scene in the manga a lot more. I felt there was more impact in that scene than in the anime version. Don't get me wrong, it was still great, but I think it was the music that turned me off a bit. Either way, it still remains one of my favorite parts in the entire chimera ant arc. Next episode is going to be even better...

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, I like how they chose to intercut it with Gon's scene but I don't feel they nailed the emotion of it like I was hoping they would.

Also when Palm used her ability
with the mermaid
and got all psycho with the knife-gown, they seemed to be playing it almost for comedy in this episode whereas in the manga I feel it read more serious and macabre...

Anyway I did enjoy the ep.

dan2026

Well, I like how they chose to intercut it with Gon's scene but I don't feel they nailed the emotion of it like I was hoping they would.

Also when Palm used her ability
with the mermaid
and got all psycho with the knife-gown, they seemed to be playing it almost for comedy in this episode whereas in the manga I feel it read more serious and macabre...

Anyway I did enjoy the ep.

Nah it was always black humour in the manga.
At least to me.

Especially when she does another reversal as soon as Knov turns up.

Also anyone who reads the manga. I hope you are looking forward to the episode after next.

Mengetsu

Top notch episode. I haven't been into an anime like this in a long time. Was sad to have missed the past 2 weeks of it due to being busy at work. Can't wait for next week!

Jigolo

On man poor Cheetu thinking he can beat anyone of those 2. Not a manga reader but it didn't seem as those 2 were serious at all lol. I think I can see what's coming for Cheetu. Similar to what happened to Rammot would be my guess.

Good EP.

Tizoc

Wait up Leorio's full name is Leorio Paladinight? Paladin Knight? Damnit Togashi, stop fucking with the English language lol It's reasons like this I just refer to Killua's family as the Zodiacs.

tumblr_msg6tnrFtE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Why is Killua so awesome, it still remains one of the biggest unanswered questions in anime. He is just too good and awesome. Phenomenal episode
was in so many tears there when he cried, it was hard to watch and rough to get through seeing him like that with teary eyes and gripping and such but he just pushed through with sheer determination and will power against values taught at his very core. I clapped in praise and was so glad that he delivered what was needed for this whole arc. Hyped for many more things he may do.

Good comedy.

Wiseblade

Its probably the most popular thing running in shonen jump. Despite its extended absences.
No way is HxH bigger than One Piece. Even if the breaks had never happened, One Piece would still be more popular.

And HOLY CRAP at dropping end of arc spoilers like it was nothing. And I thought I was spoiling my friends by telling them the king is OP...

Blades64

Banned
I have read the manga past the current episode but not to the end of the arc. Spoilers really sucks...

Seems it was out of ignorance that he posted it though. I forgive him...just this once! :)

Kyuur

Maybe we could get a mod to put 'NO MANGA SPOILERS' in the title like the Attack on Titan thread, seems to work well there.

upandaway

Great stuff in the episode. I also felt more out of the scene in the manga, but I'll be honest, I don't know what part of it is execution and what part of it is the virtue of being the first thing I experienced. In any case, that scene with Killua, so good, and you can already see the difference in how he treats Palm later.

Cheetu's probably my favorite captain, love all of his encounters.

PG2G

Nah, One Piece is astronomically more popular than anything else in Jump.

It breaks new records each time a new volume comes out.

Completely crazy.

People haven't gotten tired of that crap yet? I used to love One Piece but it became obvious it wasn't going anywhere. Every once in a while I feel like hopping back in though

dan2026

People haven't gotten tired of that crap yet? I used to love One Piece but it became obvious it wasn't going anywhere. Every once in a while I feel like hopping back in though

I still enjoy it.

Perhaps not as much as I did, but its still worlds better than a lot of the crap that still lingers in Jump. (Naruto and Bleach I'm looking at you)

However my interest has been supplanted by a new(ish) series called Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins)
It has that magic of early One Piece and I would recommend it to anyone.

PG2G

I still enjoy it.

Perhaps not as much as I did, but its still worlds better than a lot of the crap that still lingers in Jump. (Naruto and Bleach I'm looking at you)

However my interest has been supplanted by a new(ish) series called Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins)
It has that magic of early One Piece and I would recommend it to anyone.

Yeah, I pulled out of all of those too. Will check for Seven Deadly Sins when the anime comes out.

bigkrev

Hunter x Hunter 94

Well, its good to see Killua is back in beast mode, just ripping that guy's head off in a flash. Palm's power seems super intersting, and it would explain why she is so into knives.

The PV showed Gon using some sort of super attack- are we getting a timeskip by a month, or are we just going to ignore Knuckles power?

Soriku

Hunter x Hunter 94

Well, its good to see Killua is back in beast mode, just ripping that guy's head off in a flash. Palm's power seems super intersting, and it would explain why she is so into knives.

The PV showed Gon using some sort of super attack- are we getting a timeskip by a month, or are we just going to ignore Knuckles power?

I thought it was just his Janken..

Top Bottom