• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moaradin

I love the pacing for this show. When Gon lost his Nen for a month, I half expected to wait weeks before he even gets it back. That's how a lot of other anime would handle it.

But nope, no time wasted.

LogicStep

Yo this episode was fucking amazing. This has to be the best show ever, the pacing, the animation, everything is fucking perfect.

upandaway

Hoooooly crap that matchups art at the end. (leagues better than in the manga, if you're curious)

Crazy good episode. "We didn't really do anything, they did" haha whew! It got intense there, for real. I guess we now established that um, Gon's a bit angry at those guys.

Edit: oh yeah forgot about the Cheetu encounter in the beginning. I loved that part too

Cwarrior

HxH 91

I didn't expect gon & killua to both lose if they did win it would been kinda a little bullshitty, this why love hxh, 0% bullshit and it's unpredictable.

The king sure loves to bitch slap people in the face with his tail which I suspects is his penis.

HxH92

Damn at the manly feels at morel manly promise to colt & the baby.

Hxh93-94

nom nom the kings power truly gives him the potential to become even more powerful then anyone.

Palm is fucking cray crazy

fuck yeah at morel & knuckle time to fight vs the speedster.

tumblr_mstc0235ub1qizslmo9_250.gif

Well it had its moments though kind of also felt like we were just riding the clock of sorts.
shocked were approaching the final battle so soon, I guess the next arc is starting when fall season rolls around? Im just glad for more Phantom Troupe, hope Feitan does good stuff this time. Underrated

Favorite moment of this episode when Gon did Janken (looked great) was
Killua stepping in, was so unexpected and really good. I thought Gon would really go through with it but Killua with that Gon sense and able to read things. Nice.

CrazyDude

tumblr_mstc0235ub1qizslmo9_250.gif

Well it had its moments though kind of also felt like we were just riding the clock of sorts.
shocked were approaching the final battle so soon, I guess the next arc is starting when fall season rolls around? Im just glad for more Phantom Troupe, hope Feitan does good stuff this time. Underrated

Favorite moment of this episode when Gon did Janken (looked great) was
Killua stepping in, was so unexpected and really good. I thought Gon would really go through with it but Killua with that Gon sense and able to read things. Nice.
Next arc probably won't start until April. By my calculation based on how many chapter they use per episode there is around 35 episodes left in this arc.

dan2026

Next arc probably won't start until April. By my calculation based on how many chapter they use per episode there is around 35 episodes left in this arc.

Hah the better question is, will Togashi make any more manga between now and then?

Woah this arc is long.

I love it!.

You have no idea.

Everything in this arc up to now has been the entrée.
Now its time for the main course.

FleenerW

HxH 95

Enjoyed the episode, but ten days until the final confrontation? What? With people saying the arc has barely started, this must really drag out.

Cwarrior

HXH95

Yeah animation this episode was off the hook.

Really like how fights in hxh &one piece are more rock paper scissor mechanic then power levels and also about wit & the way you use your abilities.

Can't for the 2 on1 show down with the royal guards, they still seem out of the students league (gon,killua,knuckle & shoot).
hxh95speedster_by_aims773-d6lj356.gif

hxh95gonpissed_by_aims773-d6lj4on.gif

hxh95gon_by_aims773-d6lj4u5.gif

hxh95morel_by_aims773-d6lj4xu.gif

mybodyisready

upandaway

Hah the better question is, will Togashi make any more manga between now and then?
While we're on the subject I'll try and predict it all right now. I'll go further and say not just when, but how much.

We know that ever since the first big hiatus in 06, until now, the average is about a chapter per month.
Came back from hiatus in start of 09
Went into hiatus in May 10
Came back from hiatus in August 11

Let's say he dumped all the chapters he had to Jump as he came back from hiatus in 09, and then he started working on new chapters monthly. Until he came back from hiatus in '11, 30 months passed. And how many chapters were released weekly in the Aug '11 batch? 30, exactly. Bam.
And yeah it works even further back, too. 17 months for 20 chapters, and 9 months for 10 chapters. It cleanly splits.

So now let's say he started working on the new batch in Aug '11, until now. If he doesn't dump it before the anime ends, he'll probably just wait until he has the next round number - 40 chapters.
That comes down to a weekly publication between January and October in 2015 (that's a year and a half from now).
Alternative, less likely outcomes: 50 chapters during Oct 15 - Oct 16, or 30 chapters during Feb 14 - Oct 14 while the anime doesn't end and adapts the new arc (
I will scream like a little girl
).

ryan13ts

While we're on the subject I'll try and predict it all right now. I'll go further and say not just when, but how much.

We know that ever since the first big hiatus in 06, until now, the average is about a chapter per month.
Came back from hiatus in start of 09
Went into hiatus in May 10
Came back from hiatus in August 11

Let's say he dumped all the chapters he had to Jump as he came back from hiatus in 09, and then he started working on new chapters monthly. Until he came back from hiatus in '11, 30 months passed. And how many chapters were released weekly in the Aug '11 batch? 30, exactly. Bam.
And yeah it works even further back, too. 17 months for 20 chapters, and 9 months for 10 chapters. It cleanly splits.

So now let's say he started working on the new batch in Aug '11, until now. If he doesn't dump it before the anime ends, he'll probably just wait until he has the next round number - 40 chapters.
That comes down to a weekly publication between January and October in 2015 (that's a year and a half from now).
Alternative, less likely outcomes: 50 chapters during Oct 15 - Oct 16, or 30 chapters during Feb 14 - Oct 14 while the anime doesn't end and adapts the new arc (
I will scream like a little girl
).

Yeesh, I hope it doesn't take that long for him to publish some new chapters. Otherwise it'll almost be as bad as that hell hiatus from 06', that was nuts. It's already been about a year and a half since the last hiatus so I'm hoping he'll put some new chapters out at the end or beginning of the new year.. I just don't think I could wait another year and a half to see more HxH.

Jigolo

My prediction is that he's been writing manga chapters since he's been on hiatus. And he's actually finished a whole 2 arcs after where he left off.

wakes up

:(

bigkrev

HxH 95

Well, I guess they just decided we didn't need to see all that time that Gon was powerless and just skipped it.

Also, Spiders are back next week!

Tizoc

So how exactly did they explain how much stronger Gon got? Just weights for 30 days and lots of anger?

IIRC, Gon was being serious during his final fight against Knuckle but did not like how he faced Morel, since he never had the intention of killing Knuckle.
Knuckle's ability really confused me for the longest time until I read about it on Wikia and on GAF, basically while Knuckle's ability is in effect, neither he or his target/opponent can damage each either until the opponent does an attack that exceed the number on Potclean at the time.
Gon's big power comes from Biscuit's training, if Knuckle hadn't used Potclean he would've been GGPOed with ease by Gon.
When Gon was showing off his power to Morel...well let's just say that if Morel DIDN'T tell him to pretend he was the one who fucked up Kite/Kaito, he would've shown enough power to convince or satisfy Morel.

HxH 95
So good. Loved the Morel and Knuckle fight against Cheetu. Hope that smug ant gets what's coming to him.
And the fact that the Attack on Titan thread has 5 times as more views as this one makes me sad.

I rather like Cheetu, it's the other ants that are more smug-gy.

Yeah this series is leagues better but ah well.

I love how Morel almost pissed himself when Gon went into scary mode.

Attack on Titan has waifus, prob. why, but I enjoy both, though as is...I really should not watch separate eps. and watch them all in one go since they seem slow if I only watch 1 episode.

HxH 91

I didn't expect gon & killua to both lose if they did win it would been kinda a little bullshitty, this why love hxh, 0% bullshit and it's unpredictable.

The king sure loves to bitch slap people in the face with his tail which I suspects is his penis.

A tail's a tail brah, it's his 3rd arm which just so happens to be his 'bitch slapping' hand =P

TommyT

So how exactly did they explain how much stronger Gon got? Just weights for 30 days and lots of anger?

As they mentioned in the episode, he's consistently inconsistent because of his emotions (the latter being alluded to). With this 30 days, he's got his head clear and his mind finally made up on what he has to do. Also, what it's going to take to get the job done.

So just like Killua, his head is finally clear. This has been his biggest problem.

upandaway

So just like Killua, his head is finally clear. This has been his biggest problem.
Plus, not to forget that as much as they showed off Gon in this episode, they didn't do that with Killua even though he changed as much or even more than Gon (not that that's different from the entire series, haha). He deserves some hype too.

TommyT

Plus, not to forget that as much as they showed off Gon in this episode, they didn't do that with Killua even though he changed as much or even more than Gon (not that that's different from the entire series, haha). He deserves some hype too.

Well, they showed it off in that battle (see: the snake aura) with the ant as well as having it being said by Knuckle in this episode. Not to mention when he puts his hand on Gon. That shows he's got the confidence and understanding that he knows they're ready - which he conveys in that moment to everyone. It's simultaneously their coming-of-age to the group.

upandaway

Yeah but you know what I mean. It's always so roundabout. I know I didn't pay much attention to it the first time (well besides the needle, but the effect was understated).

CrazyDude

Also with this last episode, the 2011 series finally has more episodes than 1999 series. (Note that I do not count the two recap episodes.)

Blades64

Banned
HxH 95

The Cheetu fight at the beginning was top notch stuff. Animation was great.

Gon's serious mode was awesome to watch. I like how Morel was about to freak out when he saw just how much determination Gon had.

Daingurse

I think I'm getting my bro hooked on Hunter X Hunter. He's been watching a lot of the Chimera Ant arc with me, seems to really dig it. Showed him Kurapika vs. Uvogin, hell we watched like 3 or 4 more Yorknew City eps right after that hahahah.

lzZ4E.gif

More people should know about Hunter x Hunter. All you gotta say is, "By the guy who made Yu Yu Hakusho . . . " and it's a wrap. If they have any taste anyway, lol

Hunter x Hunter 95

Good fucking shit. "Gon, show him your Jajanken." Gon showed what he was about. The fucking sheer focus.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
As they mentioned in the episode, he's consistently inconsistent because of his emotions (the latter being alluded to). With this 30 days, he's got his head clear and his mind finally made up on what he has to do. Also, what it's going to take to get the job done.

I was hoping this wasn't the answer. Oh well, not that big of a deal. Thanks.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
It should also be noted that he trained with Bisky all that time so it is expected that he would have gotten stronger, were it not for Knuckle's ability Gon may even had won that fight.
That's a big maybe. Even then, he'd be no match for Morel/Knov, who don't seem to be a match for the royal guard. Either way, I'm excited for what comes next. Like people have said, not everything can be boiled down to power levels.

That's a big maybe. Even then, he'd be no match for Morel/Knov, who don't seem to be a match for the royal guard. Either way, I'm excited for what comes next. Like people have said, not everything can be boiled down to power levels.

That is true but as Knuckles said Gon biggest weakness all boiled down to inexperience in real battle, and you're indeed right in this series power levels largely doesn't mean much in a fight between nen users.

HXH95

Yeah animation this episode was off the hook.

Really like how fights in hxh &one piece are more rock paper scissor mechanic then power levels and also about wit & the way you use your abilities.

Can't for the 2 on1 show down with the royal guards, they still seem out of the students league (gon,killua,knuckle & shoot).

how can they animate that after looking at scribbles the manga? ... i really need to pick this up at yorkshin and grind through to the current arc.

TommyT

It should also be noted that he trained with Bisky all that time so it is expected that he would have gotten stronger, were it not for Knuckle's ability Gon may even had won that fight.

While he did train with her, what we saw really was just nen capacity training. During the fight(s) with Knuckle, Killua was shocked at how fast Gon was picking up on the experience if real battle. His being able to fight for longer periods of time was thanks to his training with Bisky.

Killua got the combat training with her; but even then it was to prove her point about him overcoming his instinct to run vs unknown enemies. Which we've now seen him overcome with the removal of the needle.

Morel and Knov were brought along for their abilities more so than their raw strength. Infiltration and confusion were what was deemed necessary. If you remember back to the York Shin arc, it was said that Reinforcement users strength lies heavily within their emotions; which Gon has shown so far. Who know what will happen when he's pushed further and further.

Jigolo

I like to believe Togashi tunes in each week and watches the show with us. I also like to believe that's whats motivating him to finish the manga.

Now that we're pretty close to the manga in the anime he will release new chapters, right? right?!?

I like to believe Togashi tunes in each week and watches the show with us. I also like to believe that's whats motivating him to finish the manga.

Now that we're pretty close to the manga in the anime he will release new chapters, right? right?!?

Could the big news in Weekly Shonen JUMP issue 45 be him returning to write more manga?

kirblar

I really hope so. And to be honest that was the first thing I thought when I read it, but it seems extremely unlikely that Togashi would come back :/
It's been pointed out that when he comes back from hiatuses, he's essentially putting what be a monthly paced comic on a weekly timetable. This lets him do that while not being subject to the pressures of a weekly deadline.

Brutalx2

Just saw 95 and i am PUMPED up to see the next episode! Gon was scary! I was scared much more then Morel! Gon's power is sick !

faint.

Kalluto's power was pretty awesome, and I was glad to see the troupe back in general. It felt good seeing them shit on the ants.

Top Bottom