• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Wiseblade

The second-to-last chapter is an absolutely amazing stopping point, and certainly reads as a possible ending.
Ehh, the end of Greed Island was better IMO. I read it as more of a pause than an end.
The
13th Hunter Chairman Election
arc is about as many chapters as the Heavens Arena arc, and the latter was 10 episodes long in the new series, so I think
13th Hunter Chairman Election
will get around the same number of episodes. That's something. :)

Well, you know, lets hope with the anime getting closer to where the manga stopped, it inspires Togashi to resume drawing.
Was it really that long? It felt shorter.

Soriku

Damn awesome episode. Good fight between Feitan and Zazan. Feitan is the new leader now but Phinks seems more like it.

tumblr_mtim0rz0AD1qi0f9no1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mtipjhCOLQ1sio3fao1_500.gif

Feitan was simply amazing and ought to sport that style more often. It made the ending moments even more special considering we could see his face now
such a good smile and silly looking laugh, I laughed hard
. Otherwise I think he wins for best fight this arc.
Rising Sun armor and then attack was amazing, it scorched all. I wonder how it was possible as it didnt get much explanation

kirblar

He explains it.

It's a damage inversion attack, much like APR. He multiplies the amount of damage he's taken back at his opponent.

Einhander

Hunter X Hunter 97

Feitan is a dangerous fella!
His Rising Sun ability was devastating, and I loved his Rising Sun armor design. I wonder if its purpose was to protect himself from the extreme heat of the artificial sun. Kalluto's reaction to Feitan's fight with Zazan surprised me. Since he's kept his emotions in check, it was interesting to see how he actually feels. He's determined to surpass his fellow Troupe members. Perhaps his real reason for joining them is to enhance his training and get stronger. And he also mentioned that he's searching for Killua.

zero_suit

Zazan is Zarbon. Another good episode. That being said, I don't really think Kurapika will have that big of a problem down the line taking down the troupe. None of them seem overly powerful on their own. Even though Feiten and Phinks are pretty awesome.

That's an apt comparison. None seem overly powerful? Are you excluding Kuroro?

I think so, since none of his other attacks were doing much damage.
I kinda doubt it. He definitely intended to kill with his Ko stab. He wasn't taking any damage before that since he was parrying everything.

This ep makes me wanna rewatch YYH again but it's still fresh on my mind even though I last rewatched it ~2 years ago. I've been watching it since the 90s.

zero_suit

I kinda doubt it. He definitely intended to kill with his Ko stab. He wasn't taking any damage before that since he was parrying everything.

This ep makes me wanna rewatch YYH again but it's still fresh on my mind even though I last rewatched it ~2 years ago. I've been watching it since the 90s.

Good point. Regarding YYH, Yusuke is still the best main character in shonen history.

upandaway

Gotta love Kalluto's reaction to Feitan (as well as everyone else's reactions).

Zazan is Zarbon. Another good episode. That being said, I don't really think Kurapika will have that big of a problem down the line taking down the troupe. None of them seem overly powerful on their own. Even though Feiten and Phinks are pretty awesome.
Have we watched the same thing? Feitan and Phinx are ridiculously overpowered. And Shizuku would be overpowered if only she wasn't such an airhead (she could have sucked out the web, I mean c'mon).
Sure, they were all given free passes to use their abilities, but they were also just standing silly throwing the abilities around with no effort.

Pain packer is no joke, do you think he was taking damage on purpose to use it?
It's never a good idea to get hit by the opponent on purpose (see how Knuckle and Shoot based their entire abilities around dealing just one hit). And his ability only goes when he's angry, so he can't get hit on purpose to use it.

Gotta love Kalluto's reaction to Feitan (as well as everyone else's reactions).

Have we watched the same thing? Feitan and Phinx are ridiculously overpowered. And Shizuku would be overpowered if only she wasn't such an airhead (she could have sucked out the web, I mean c'mon).
Sure, they were all given free passes to use their abilities, but they were also just standing silly throwing the abilities around with no effort.

It's never a good idea to get hit by the opponent on purpose (see how Knuckle and Shoot based their entire abilities around dealing just one hit). And his ability only goes when he's angry, so he can't get hit on purpose to use it.

Well yes they are pretty damn powerful, but c'mon Phinks was fighting fodder ants. Obviously Feitan is pretty damn good, but I think that Kurapika would be able to beat him. Especially since we haven't seen him in a while. And don't forget he beat Uvogin.

Raxus

Well yes they are pretty damn powerful, but c'mon Phinks was fighting fodder ants. Obviously Feitan is pretty damn good, but I think that Kurapika would be able to beat him. Especially since we haven't seen him in a while. And don't forget he beat Uvogin.

Kurapika's chains are no joke but they have a pretty heavy restriction on them that is destined to bite him in his ass in the long run.

We still have so many good fights in this arc.

dan2026

Now its Gon and Killuas turn to do some more ass kicking.

Also all of the Ryodan are insanely strong or skilled.

Shalnark can essentially control anybody with little effort.
Feitan can create a miniature sun.
Uvogin could bite through a man's skull with his teeth for God's sake.

upandaway

Uvo didn't know about Kurapika's abilities, but now everyone in the troupe know it inside out (well except for the unknown finger and maybe the dousing), so it doesn't really matter that he beat Uvogin by the surprise element. Even if Phinxs' ability is just what we saw him do with his arm (could be other limbs or something, dunno), we don't know how far it can go. At the very least, given the chance he should be able to bring it past Uvo's big bang.

Kurapika's chains are no joke but they have a pretty heavy restriction on them that is destined to bite him in his ass in the long run.

I see Kurapika vs Feitan being easy for Kurapika. He doesn't need to cause any damage to Feitan to capture him, thus no Pain Packer. But the problem is that he needs to separate the troupe and fight them one on one.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Feitan fucking rules. His ability is amazing. And love how he trolled phinx afterwards. Back to Gon and Killua!

Feitan becomes a bit less menacing to me knowing he's voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi. I just end up imagining Usopp doing all that crazy shit.

The guy's still a hateable fucker, though.

Radec

Well Feitan was one of the founders of Ryodan, and he doesn't fear or give a shit to anyone. No wonder he's freaking strong.

I assume his Rising Sun's power gets more devastating depending on how much damage Feitan received.

Anyway, Kurapica would have owned him though.

upandaway

Well Feitan was one of the founders of Ryodan, and he doesn't fear or give a shit to anyone. No wonder he's freaking strong.

I assume his Rising Sun's power gets more devastating depending on how much damage Feitan received.
From the way he said it, it sounded more like his power changes based on different tiers of received damage. And from what Phinx said it seems like all of them are AoE attacks.

Either that, or there's some other deciding factor on the type of attack (maybe he just chooses it), but it does seem like there are multiple attacks he can use with Pain Packer

Tizoc

I don't see Kurapika keeping up with Feitan. Too fast.

The chain can be as strong as the weilder needs it to be to at least restrain a member of the Ryodan, as such it may even be able to be fast enough to catch up with Feitan.
Though seeing how HxH also implies strategies and tactics in battles, he wouldn't need to match Feitan's speed to get his Nen ability on him.

Is this series any good?

I was thinking about watching it but it looks a bit "kiddy?"
Since it has those two kids as the main characters.

I like fighting stuff like DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist to put things into perspective.

LogicStep

Is this series any good?

I was thinking about watching it but it looks kinda "kiddy?"

I like stuff like DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist to put things into perspective.

Yeah the only kiddy thing about this show is the two main characters are kids, that's it. It's a cruel horrible world out there. Show's amazing btw. Starts off a bit slow but still good.

Moaradin

Is this series any good?

Don't let the looks fool you. It gets a lot darker than something like DBZ.

I think it's the best Shonen series around personally.

Raxus

Is this series any good?

It is from the guy who made YuYu Hakusho if that helps at all. The first arc starts a little slow and is censored but they lighten the grip and it takes off from there.

Just a minor spoiler.
One of those 'kids' is a trained assassin.

Tizoc

Is this series any good?

I like fighting stuff like DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist to put things into perspective.

A friend of mind couldn't get into DBZ because characters looked kiddy =P
If it ain't moeshit or loli, then don't let the artstyle bother you and join in for the ride if it has elements you enjoy in a shonen.

Is this series any good?

It's just as kiddy as FMA being kiddy for having children as protagonists.

HxH has darker moments than FMA:B, even if the latter is my most favorite series. HxH starts off pretty bright, then slowly eases you into the nasty realities of its world.

Is this series any good?

Well in my opinion Hunter X Hunter is one of the more darker shonen out there. The first arc is very very tame compared to what is happening now. This might be one of the more violent shonen arcs I've ever seen. It's my favorite anime running right now and it might be in my top 5 of all time, depending what happens the rest of the this arc.
But definitely give it a watch, blows most anime nowadays out of the water.

OmegaX

The chain can be as strong as the weilder needs it to be to at least restrain a member of the Ryodan, as such it may even be able to be fast enough to catch up with Feitan.
I don't think that's how the ability works at all. Otherwise it would be too strong. What if Netero was a member of the Ryoda or The Ant King? Would the chain be faster and stronger than them just because they have a Spider Tattoo?
Kurapika said that Uvo was a test for his ability. He knew how strong is the chain and he guessed Uvo was the strongest member of the Ryodan in raw muscle strength. So, if the chain could restrain him, it would be able to restrain anyone because in Zetsu state nobody can do anything other than try to break the chain with their muscles alone.
Chain jail doesn't make the chain as strong as it needs to be to restrain any member of the Ryodan. It makes the chain really strong (but not indestructible) and it puts the person being restrained in a forced Zetsu state like Knuckle's APR but only if that person is a member of the Ryodan.

Is this series any good?

It's the darkest modern shounen jump series out there. Definitely not something I'd call kiddy beyond the relatively light intro arcs.

Top Bottom