• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moaradin

Good episode. I love how the troupe just comes out of nowhere and wrecks shit.

And what the fuck,
that dude literally went super saiyan.

LogicStep

Damn the troupe members are no joke. They are just wrecking shit left and right. Also, did anyone think of this when they saw this chimera ant?

LijBDyU.jpg

Or am I the only one that sees the resemblance?

tumblr_mt5boi5OR11sn6k4fo1_400.gif

Shalnark for best part though why so little of the fight on him, also liked Feitan finally getting some screentime. Otherwise felt like some type of filler or something, though I guess he decided to give a break from Gon and Killua side and focus on other parts of the world.

Tizoc

Rewatching a few eps.
Canary from when Gon and co. went to Killua's family grounds is from the same City as the Phantom Brigade, nice one.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thank fuck some interesting characters are back. Interest reignited after dimming to a simmer. Hopefully this is the end of the poor pacing and lack of good characterization this arc has had.

Jigolo

Thank fuck some interesting characters are back. Interest reignited after dimming to a simmer. Hopefully this is the end of the poor pacing and lack of good characterization this arc has had.

i think morel, knov, knuckle, shoot and palm are interesting characters

upandaway

Good honest and fun bug extermination, haha. I love Bonolenov's ability (and dialogue), and Feitan's opening was like whoa.

Man I wish Uvo was there to kill another one.. :(

Rewatching a few eps.
Canary from when Gon and co. went to Killua's family grounds is from the same City as the Phantom Brigade, nice one.
Killua's mom and Gotoh, too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
i think morel, knov, knuckle, shoot and palm are interesting characters

Knuckle, I'll give you - I like where they're taking him and I appreciate scenes he is in. Morel has potential, but currently has no real backstory or anything to offer aside being a muscleman. Ditto for Knov sans muscleman. Shoot's one useful appearance was restraining Kite with his Nen, and when a character is relying solely on their power to be interesting rather than any actual plot or personality, that's not good. Palm is little more than a gag character at this stage.

I sorely miss the Gon/Kurapika/Leorio days.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I loved this episode. Feitan's fight is going to be amazing and I enjoyed the background info on some of the Troupe. Dat Jupiter attack.

PG2G

I must be the only one that thought this episode was kind of boring. Kinda felt like unnecessary filler, hope it actually ties back into the story somehow.

Soriku

lmao at the lion ant being interviewed. Yeah, I...don't think that was the greatest idea.

Bonolenov has an interesting backstory. His DROP JUPITER attack was pretty cool, so was Kalluto's paper powers.

Too bad Hisoka's not in on the action.

I must be the only one that thought this episode was kind of boring. Kinda felt like unnecessary filler, hope it actually ties back into the story somehow.

IDK if there'll be much more to it, or really if there needs to be more. The ants separated and were going off to different areas to start their own kingdoms, Big Boobs just happened to settle around the Troupe's hometown, now they're there to fend them off (and to decide an interim leader till Chrollo gets back).

Einhander

I loved that they focused on showcasing special abilities of the Troupe members. No Nobunaga though. :(

Seriously, what is up with Phinks' pharaoh costume? Feitan even poked fun at it, which I found funny.

TommyT

Assuming they win, it seems like it'll be a convenient way to wrap up most (all?) the ants that went off to start their own colony. At the same time, we get a little background of the Troupe and the abilities of some members.

Too bad Hisoka's not in on the action.
He's not part of them anymore and their goal (not cleaning their psuedo-home town, and figuring out an interim boss) doesn't align with his - so no need for him to be there.

Seriously, what is up with Phinks' pharaoh costume?
Phinks = Sphinx = Egyptian stuff.

Cwarrior

HxH 96

Oh yeah the troupe are kicking ass,I've always wanted to know about the others ability, now I finally get to see what there capable of with this arc, anything with the troupes is awesome.

The boxers ability was bizarre & cool at the same time using his odd body to create sound through dance.

Has anyone notice the scorpion ant zazan appearance has changed quite a bit?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130418040232/hunterxhunter/images/a/a5/Zazan.png (also in the manga she has the same change).

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I have not seen this show yet, and haven't read this thread due to spoilers, but can someone tell me up to how many episodes will Hunter X Hunter continue airing until it ends? Will the show be complete soon? Maybe this year? I really want to see it, but as a strict rule do not ever begin watching an anime while it's still ongoing :(

LuffyZoro

I have not seen this show yet, and haven't read this thread due to spoilers, but can someone tell me up to how many episodes will Hunter X Hunter continue airing until it ends? Will the show be complete soon? Maybe this year? I really want to see it, but as a strict rule do not ever begin watching an anime while it's still ongoing :(

By what people have been saying, I think we have at least another 50 episodes. At one a week, that's about another year.

Einhander

I believe the plan is to animate the rest of the manga up to where it's stopped, and since the manga is ongoing, the anime may very well be shelved to wait until the manga has more content to cover. I wouldn't worry, though, there's going to be plenty of more episodes. There are still quite a few arcs to animate.

LogicStep

Wow you're in for a ride!

Wiseblade

I believe the plan is to animate the rest of the manga up to where it's stopped, and since the manga is ongoing, the anime may very well be shelved to wait until the manga has more content to cover. I wouldn't worry, though, there's going to be plenty of more episodes. There are still quite a few arcs to animate.
Are you from some alternate world where Togashi actually puts pen to paper? There are only two short arcs once Chimera Ant is done, and there's no guarantee the anime will cover those considering how bad a stopping point the last chapter is.

kirblar

Are you from some alternate world where Togashi actually puts pen to paper? There are only two short arcs once Chimera Ant is done, and there's no guarantee the anime will cover those considering how bad a stopping point the last chapter is.
The second-to-last chapter is an absolutely amazing stopping point, and certainly reads as a possible ending.

The real question is why are you reading the thread but not watching? Sign up for a crunchyroll trial and marathon the episodes over the course of a month!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The real question is why are you reading the thread but not watching? Sign up for a crunchyroll trial and marathon the episodes over the course of a month!

But see that's the problem. I don't like watching unresolved stories. I marathon all my anime and hate the idea of getting to the end, only to have to wait till God only knows when until the story gets wrapped up into a nice box with a bow tie on it. In other words I HATE being left with cliffhangers! Hence the reason I have so many anime dvd boxsets :D

If they wrap up Hunter X Hunter within 6 months to a year, I guess I'm willing to wait.

Jigolo

But see that's the problem. I don't like watching unresolved stories. I marathon all my anime and hate the idea of getting to the end, only to have to wait till God only knows when until the story gets wrapped up into a nice box with a bow tie on it. In other words I HATE being left with cliffhangers! Hence the reason I have so many anime dvd boxsets :D

If they wrap up Hunter X Hunter within 6 months to a year, I guess I'm willing to wait.

what the fuck, you truly are a brave soul.

I don't know how I'd be able to live like this being a fan of HxH, Naruto, and OP ( especially OP)

isamu

what the fuck, you truly are a brave soul.

I don't know how I'd be able to live like this being a fan of HxH, Naruto, and OP ( especially OP)

haha! Good point, but I'm actually going to start watching Naruto in a few weeks since it's already at a ridiculously high episode count. Might actually start watching One Piece as well, but god damn that awful art style :( But I'll continue this discussion in the other thread.

The anime may wrap up within that time, but the story definitely won't. It's based off a manga that is frequently on hiatus, the current one lasting since March of 2012. There are still many unresolved plot points and another presumably massive arc will start when it finally comes back.

If you want to wait, you'll be waiting a very long time, possibly forever knowing the artist.

isamu

The anime may wrap up within that time, but the story definitely won't. It's based off a manga that is frequently on hiatus, the current one lasting since March of 2012. There are still many unresolved plot points and another presumably massive arc will start when it finally comes back.

If you want to wait, you'll be waiting a very long time, possibly forever knowing the artist.

This is what I feared. I dunno I'm on the fence at this point but we'll see. I just don't want to encounter another Berserk situation. That shit left me hating "Oriental Light and Magic" studios for a long time, and the wait for them to pick up where the Golden Age arc left off has been tormenting to say the least. Left me depressed and with a real bitter taste in my mouth for anime in general.

This is what I feared. I dunno I'm on the fence at this point but we'll see. I just don't want to encounter another Berserk situation. That shit left me hating "Oriental Light and Magic" studios for a long time, and the wait for them to pick up where the Golden Age arc left off has been tormenting to say the least. Left me depressed and with a real bitter taste in my mouth for anime in general.

I don't get the urgency of a Berserk adaptation, the art is so much better than anything possible in anime that the fact that it isn't animated seems trivial at most, because with how much Miura can convey with a single panel an anime is invariably going to be the lesser product.

That's understandable. Unfortunately I don't think the series will be wrapped up for quite a while, Togashi loves to take his time.

Einhander

The
13th Hunter Chairman Election
arc is about as many chapters as the Heavens Arena arc, and the latter was 10 episodes long in the new series, so I think
13th Hunter Chairman Election
will get around the same number of episodes. That's something. :)

Well, you know, lets hope with the anime getting closer to where the manga stopped, it inspires Togashi to resume drawing.

Kensuke

Do we know what Togashi is up to? Does he ever give interviews? I mean, it's like there hasn't been any news at all for over a year.

The Japanese 'comic' industry just seems so different from what we're used to over here. I think fans and press here would be all over Togashi, asking him what's up. Not that that would be a good thing, because of his health issues, but I just hate the lack of any news.

kirblar

Do we know what Togashi is up to? Does he ever give interviews? I mean, it's like there hasn't been any news at all for over a year.

The Japanese 'comic' industry just seems so different from what we're used to over here. I think fans and press here would be all over Togashi, asking him what's up. Not that that would be a good thing, because of his health issues, but I just hate the lack of any news.
If I remember right- he's got health problems that give him chest pains, making doing the art a chore for him. It's a weekly series- but when he comes back from hiatus, he's essentially producing work at what equates out to a monthly rate. He just doesn't want to change the pacing nor does he want to be pressured to reliably meet deadlines.

Zazan is Zarbon. Another good episode. That being said, I don't really think Kurapika will have that big of a problem down the line taking down the troupe. None of them seem overly powerful on their own. Even though Feiten and Phinks are pretty awesome.

Top Bottom