• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You guys clearly haven't seen the power level list..otherwise you'd know why he's shitting himself.

TheChits

I just marathoned the whole series over the past few days and I'm trying quite hard not to spoil myself and read the manga. The chimera ant arc has been nothing short of incredible
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Edit: Hisoka is the best character

Jigolo

I just marathoned the whole series over the past few days and I'm trying quite hard not to spoil myself and read the manga. The chimera ant arc has been nothing short of incredible
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Edit: Hisoka is the best character

Struggle with us anime only viewers.

Nibel

Nibel x Hunter 106

This is so fucking tense - the last time I felt like this watching a anime was with Attack On Titan. Seeing Knov finally realizing who they are up to was so well done because of the music used and the stellar voice acting. Him ripping off the head of the Chimera Ant was one of the most badass scenes in a long time though, I literally said "what the fuck" and my jaw didn't want to go up again :lol

Fucking incredible shit, I love it

Blades64

Banned
The Knov breakdown got to me. :(

I hope that he is able to find his courage again when time comes for him and Morel to fight Shiapouf.

But with his ability he can be out of there in a second. Kite is the only one who hasn't wet the bed this arc.

The whole episode showed how he needs a pair of seconds to make a new door, it's only instant if the door is there from before.

2 seconds is enough for the king to kill him before he can get away.

Knov's breakdown has always been one of my favourite moments of the series, mainly because of how Knov is the cool character Archtype and how cocky he was when he saw how defeated Killua looked after his encounter with Pitou.

LogicStep

Nibel x Hunter 106

This is so fucking tense - the last time I felt like this watching a anime was with Attack On Titan. Seeing Knov finally realizing who they are up to was so well done because of the music used and the stellar voice acting. Him ripping off the head of the Chimera Ant was one of the most badass scenes in a long time though, I literally said "what the fuck" and my jaw didn't want to go up again :lol

Fucking incredible shit, I love it
I was going to post something but you pretty much conveyed what I felt.

And I feel safe ranking this as my favorite anime. No other has given me so much awesome before. Not going to read the manga, this is too much of an incredible experience.

About 106, I loved this episode. Very tense. I was like at the edge of my seat, haha. It felt like it was me there, I would had shit my pants and bailed as well, heh.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter episode 35
aww yiss the start of hisoka vs gon, looking to be a real match! I am excite
And man, dat hisoka, such a sexual deviant lol

Blades64

Banned
a pedophile clown?

I don't really think he's a pedophile so much as he literally LUSTS after the idea of a good fight with someone, or the POTENTIAL for a good fight with someone. He's acted in that way towards people other than Gon and Killiua. Netero and Chrollo come to mind.

foxuzamaki

Hunter XHunter episode 36
I cant help but laugh at the way Hisoka ended that fight, and I also busted a gut at how he just had a full orgasm during the middle of it lmao

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't really think he's a pedophile so much as he literally LUSTS after the idea of a good fight with someone, or the POTENTIAL for a good fight with someone. He's acted in that way towards people other than Gon and Killiua. Netero and Chrollo come to mind.

wDIC9rM.gif

This was a bit too on the nose to just handwave the pedo thing. A shame since otherwise he's a pretty great antihero.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd actually advice against reading the manga right now. Instead of waiting a week for more Hunter X Hunter, you'd be left anguishing and despairing over Togashi's unwillingness to continue the manga.

It would only delay the inevitable then. Read or don't read, all fans will reach the same point soon enough.

I chose to read the manga and I'm glad I did. it adds another level of enjoyment and I still look forward to the eps as much as before.

No, he's a pedo clown

Dude! Your shoes!
You didn't think, oh maybe I should pick up my shoes I put down on the floor earlier. Or perhaps, you know that door I just created to hide that ant? Maybe I should put my shoes in there.
But no! You pretty much ran ALL that way BAREFOOT and not once did you pause to think, you know what would be good? If I didn't leave any trace whatsoever that I was here.

Erigu

Dude! Your shoes!
You didn't think, oh maybe I should pick up my shoes I put down on the floor earlier. Or perhaps, you know that door I just created to hide that ant? Maybe I should put my shoes in there.
But no! You pretty much ran ALL that way BAREFOOT and not once did you pause to think, you know what would be good? If I didn't leave any trace whatsoever that I was here.
Next episode: Knov goes back for his shoes.

Seriously though: the main objective was to set those portals without getting caught. Leaving absolutely no traces behind would have earned him some bonus badass points, I guess, but that ship sailed when he had to kill an ant anyway.
(and maybe he did get rid of the shoes off-screen, for all we know?)

Dude! Your shoes!
I was paranoid someone was going to find the shoes and kill him

foxuzamaki

Hunter X Hunter episode 49
Man this is fucking great, love the sneaking and trailing and that twist at the end.

foxuzamaki

Hunter X Hunter episode 51
woah, absolutely loved it. Even having the orchestra playing over the credits, and it was so dark, def wasent for the kids at that point.

Jigolo

Hunter X Hunter episode 51
woah, absolutely loved it. Even having the orchestra playing over the credits, and it was so dark, def wasent for the kids at that point.

I believe the song name is "Lacrimosa" if you're interested. Lacrimosa by Mozart

Have to say I disagree...I find that a lot of VAs can pull off what I expect from the voice and performance even if I don't understand the language.

There's a difference between hearing a voice that fits and delivery.

I think most foreigners just get used to the voice over time. Not trying to be rude but anyone who isn't fluent in Japanese but claims to be able to distinguish between good and bad voice acting is full of crap in my eyes. Most of the time you're sitting there reading the subtitles, not critiquing the vocal performance. Unless you look up the cast and their credentials, there's really no way you can distinguish between "good" and "bad" acting because you simply don't have the ear for it.

And no, watching a ton of subtitled anime does not make you qualified to judge. Japanese is a complex language, understanding the delivery requires a relatively deep understanding of the language and certain social norms.

Moaradin

I thought every arc since Yorknew could be considered the best. That's whats so great about this series. All the arcs are great and so different from each other.

The current arc is shaping up to be my favorite.

Top Bottom