• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Heh someone found another YYH reference
Suzaku.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yorknew > Chimera Ant (so far) > Hunter Exam > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck Family > Greed Island

Although I loved Greed Island. The others were just... even better somehow.

Piecake

His voice was so perfect in this, it took me a while to adjust to the new one which is actually pretty good as well.

That first sequence in that clip in the original is absolutely perfect. Best anime scene ever. The new one is decent, but doesnt even come close to being as good

Soriku

There's a difference between hearing a voice that fits and delivery.

I think most foreigners just get used to the voice over time. Not trying to be rude but anyone who isn't fluent in Japanese but claims to be able to distinguish between good and bad voice acting is full of crap in my eyes. Most of the time you're sitting there reading the subtitles, not critiquing the vocal performance. Unless you look up the cast and their credentials, there's really no way you can distinguish between "good" and "bad" acting because you simply don't have the ear for it.

And no, watching a ton of subtitled anime does not make you qualified to judge. Japanese is a complex language, understanding the delivery requires a relatively deep understanding of the language and certain social norms.

OK...well I find that often the voice fits and the delivery sounds good to me, which is all that should matter really.

I don't think that's enough to tell if someone is a good voice actor, you need to know the language.

disagree with this, you don't need to know a language to hear the feelings being expressed, its why most people can listen music in other languages and not understand a single word but is still moved by it.

Erigu

Not trying to be rude but anyone who isn't fluent in Japanese but claims to be able to distinguish between good and bad voice acting is full of crap in my eyes. Most of the time you're sitting there reading the subtitles, not critiquing the vocal performance. Unless you look up the cast and their credentials, there's really no way you can distinguish between "good" and "bad" acting because you simply don't have the ear for it.
"I can't tell if that guy is angry or afraid: he's Japanese!"
I dunno, man. There are cultural differences, sure, but that might be pushing it just a tiny bit.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
As an expert, I can tell you guys it was all according to the VA's keikaku.

Jigolo

Yorknew > Chimera Ant (so far) > Hunter Exam > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck Family > Greed Island

Although I loved Greed Island. The others were just... even better somehow.

This is mine as well. except for me Yorknew = Chimera Ant (so far)

I assume that will change in a few weeks though

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
York Shin is still the pinnacle of the series to me. That arc is incredible. Chimera Ant is a close second.

Moaradin

Greed Island = Chimera Ant (so far, will probably end up as my favorite) > Yorknew > Hunter Exam > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck Family

They are all great though.

Brutalx2

Just watched episode 106.
The first 8 minutes was the most terrifying moments of my life! I was literally sweating! You could've felt the fear!
It was a good episode !

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yorknew City > Hunter Exam > Greed Island >> Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck Family >>> Chimera Ant.

The first three I think are genuinely amazing, the middle two are merely very good, and the final one is meh.

I love Greed Island! It's one of the bright arcs in the series. The arcs alternate between bright and dark if you think about it.

Heaven's Arena isn't really interesting outside of them learning Nen. Zoldyck Family moved super slow.

Rootbeer

Banned
Happy manga volume 31 (english) release date guys :3 It's already for sale digitally for kindle, waiting for it to be in the VIZ app personally.

Raxus

Happy manga volume 31 (english) release date guys :3 It's already for sale digitally for kindle, waiting for it to be in the VIZ app personally.

One more volume to go and we are only 2 'chapters' behind.

Togashi, do you ever intend to finish this?

Rootbeer

Banned
Some of my Crunchyroll All-Access Guest Pass (48 hours). First come first serve, Hunters!

5HXN44SFA47

SQXBNHERMQB

In the future I'd like to make these available only to gaffers, what's the easiest way to do that?

kirblar

Some of my Crunchyroll All-Access Guest Pass (48 hours). First come first serve, Hunters!

5HXN44SFA47

SQXBNHERMQB

In the future I'd like to make these available only to gaffers, what's the easiest way to do that?
Put them in an email tag you have to quote to reveal.

EPISODE 107

Poor Palm :( I wonder if she killed herself or she got caught?? She has no prior knowledge of the power levels of the royal guards or what they are capable of...

LogicStep

Ep. 107

Loved the episode! Friendship! But I think I missed Melereon's introduction to Knuckles? Last I remember he was looking from afar and wasn't convinced but in this episode they were friends.

Yonafunu

Ep. 107

Loved the episode! Friendship! But I think I missed Melereon's introduction to Knuckles? Last I remember he was looking from afar and wasn't convinced but in this episode they were friends.

Yeah, the introduction happened off screen.

Kyuur

They are but simple people.

tumblr_mx9b7vHiyM1qkw2uho5_250.gif
tumblr_mx9b7vHiyM1qkw2uho3_250.gif

Wow the first part of the episode was on the duller side, but once that was concluded, HxH finally starting feeling all epic again. To think the difference Killua can make to the quality of the story can be felt in mere seconds. Worthwhile episode as a whole and additionally pleasing when the call to Gon was the first thing he did.

Disappointing that Palm somehow thought, even with Knov already failing, that she could not even advance as far as her mentor, the one whom she ought to be surpassing. It is unfortunate that the whole time we spent with Palm has amounted to just a big waste of time. Hopefully redemption is felt next week or else, Im afraid Ill just put all hopes on Killua racing in and beating out that red aura. Killua and Gon are looking to be able to destroy all of the three guards and even the Ant king himself with all the allies falling into fear.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man I loved this week's episode. It was so fucking good. The first half showing the fight was awesome because how it turned out, with logic and no BS. Poor tiger drowning at the bottom, but he fucking deserved it thinking he could become a King.

Second half of the episode was tense! Palm getting mind fucked by that aura just like Knov did sent chills down my spine! The part with Killua and squid dude brought a smile to my face. It just goes to show how strong and mature Killua has become throughout the whole series.

And I fucking love the piano playing at the end of the episodes. Every time I hear it, it just feels so right.

remz

I didn't realise Morel's fight was this week. I've got some serious catching up to do. The last episode I saw was Vs. Cheetu

What's the title of music that plays as Killua was
thanking the octopus dude
? It used to play very often early in the series.

Top Bottom