• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I'm going to assume at this point that Palm
was caught by Neferpitou. Hopefully, she isn't made into a puppet to fight against them... It would be even worse if she found a way to get her to use her crystal ball ability against them.

Popnbake

tumblr_mx9b7vHiyM1qkw2uho5_250.gif
tumblr_mx9b7vHiyM1qkw2uho3_250.gif

1337887404595.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think the point the show was making is that Killua's pretty strong, not that he doesn't have body fat.

kirblar

I think the point the show was making is that Killua's pretty strong, not that he doesn't have body fat.
Killua's musculature is actually disturbing, and it's another layer of the "he's been screwed up by his family/cheated out of a childhood" angle. Kids don't get muscles like that until after puberty. Contrast his build with Gon (who looks normal, if I recall correctly.)

shira

Killua's musculature is actually disturbing, and it's another layer of the "he's been screwed up by his family/cheated out of a childhood" angle. Kids don't get muscles like that until after puberty. Contrast his build with Gon (who looks normal, if I recall correctly.)
I think you have never seen a kid with high metabolism.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I don't think he was as jacked earlier in the anime though. It was probably training with Biskie that did it.

Well it's also the "let's throw the fujoshis a bone" angle.

Yonafunu

Thought Pitou was purple and thus someone else (the red guy?) was red.

It's the other way around. The blue-ish En was Pouf's, who was talking over En duty last week while Pitou was healing the King. This week we see Pouf's En retreating and Pitou's red En returning, which means that he's probably done healing the King.

LogicStep

Pouf's En was replaced by Pitou's, signaling the end of the King's treatment. Thought that was pretty obvious.
Yeah, I'm guessing Pitou will come to her but maybe Palm can pretend to be a regular girl and maaaayyybe get spared. That would mean she gets away and was able to get a good look at Pitou. I assume that's what happens. She could also be screwed and Pitou will capture her. Who knows! All I know is that ep was awesome.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anyone with low body fat that builds muscle will look like that.. it's really not out of the ordinary. Killua is a trained assassin who was training since birth. While not assassins, there are plenty of child bodybuilders who do the same. Rich Sandrak being a good example:

richard_sandrak_00.jpg

icy_eagle

Anyone with low body fat that builds muscle will look like that.. it's really not out of the ordinary. Killua is a trained assassin who was training since birth. While not assassins, there are plenty of child bodybuilders who do the same. Rich Sandrak being a good example:

richard_sandrak_00.jpg

I don't think anyone questions that when the bolded is taken into the equation, really

but this

I don't know what kind of bellies are usually looking at, but trust me everyone has abs underneath

is just not true at all

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't think anyone questions that when the bolded is taken into the equation, really

but this

is just not true at all

wait, are you saying not every human has abdominals? cause everyone does infact have abs, but obviously they're more defined if you work them out.

richard_sandrak_00.jpg
Not everyone can achieve that look at a young age, genetics play a huge role. You're making sweeping generalizations to back up your argument about a fictional cartoon character.

Nibel

Hunter x Nibel 107

Outstanding episode - Morel just owning one Chimera Ant after the other is so awesome to watch, especially since it always seems like he is the one being trapped. Another important angle which was not mentioned is the emerging humanity of Chimera Ant Leol when he is about to die; him thinking "is this the place where I die?" and trying to comprehend what just happened at the same time made me almost feel bad for him.

I liked the Palm bit as well, and I must give the creator huge respect for what he's doing with the palace itself: it's this huuuuuuge place with enough room for a entire village and it seems kind of normal and peaceful, almost beautiful in its sheer scope - and yet the enduring silence and knowing that the King and his royal guards are in the same building make it the most terrifying place currently portrayed in the anime. Watching Knov or Palm just walking around bring me to the edge of my seat every time

And finally, we see Gon and Killua again - and man, that Octopus is just awesome; he has not only one of the cooler character designs, but a adorable personality as well. His monologue at the end was beautiful: seeing this little creature who was nothing more than a foot soldier discovering the feelings friendships bring was heartwarming. The last frame made me smile :)

It felt good to see some funny stuff again after all the dark shit that happened and I hope that they'll try to balance this even further in future episodes. Keep slayin', HxH!

Jigolo

Lol at all the arguments about how ripped killua is. The way I see it gon and killua are 19 and 20 year olds in my brain. I try not to see anything in this show with logic anyway

Lol at all the arguments about how ripped killua is. The way I see it gon and killua are 19 and 20 year olds in my brain. I try not to see anything in this show with logic anyway
I mean, we're watching a show where 12 year old kids fight to the death with giant talking mammals and insects. I agree that trying to apply "logic" or real world examples to a fictional character is silly.

Ghost King

Neo Member
Ep 107

I forgot the way that Meleoron was introduced, now I know why..., this episode is so good and is always nice to see Morel kicking ass. I don't know why you guys are talking so much about Killua's muscles instead of talking about how awesome is the Octopus

TheChits

Man, Knov is legit shook. I hope something can make him snap out of it, though given Palm's situation in the newest episode, I'm afraid of what it might be :(

upandaway

Pretty sure nobody here is "mad" discussing the abdominal structure of adolescent boys. There's disagreement but no hostility.

It's awkward when somebody says "calm down" when nobody is upset in the first place. Just a peeve of mine, carry on.
Wait what, whoa there. Huh.

Oh wait I gotcha, I didn't mean you were fighting over it, silly. I meant paying so much attention to it in the first place.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission OST

release date: Dec 21nd

Track List:
1. Prologue
2. The Last Mission
3. Theme of “KAGE”
4. “ONBASARA”
5. Play More with Me
6. The Battle Olympia
7. The Black Record
8. Vow of Vengeance
9. I’ll Get Him Down
10. Get All Cards
11. Reunion
12. Dance Show
13. The Table Is Turned
14. After a Storm Comes a Calm
15. The Back of Coin
16. Disposable Friendship
17. “ON”
18. Pull Your Punches
19. “RASETSU”
20. Restriction And Pledge
21. Invaders
22. What’s Going on Here!?
23. Anxiety
24. This Isn’t Safe Here
25. Persuasion
26. Fishing Rod
27. No Pity
28. Confusion
29. Threat
30. Last Royalty
31. The Old Man Is Crucified
32. Confession
33. Hunters ARE Evil
34. Can't Abandon a Friend
35. Something Falls
36. HYOURI ITTAI-Overture
37. HYOURI ITTAI lamento for Piano
38. A Drop of Tear
39. Epilogue

Even if you didn't like Phantom Rouge, let's not forget some of the great music it added to the series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67iC4e3uSiU

I wonder if there would have been a way for Leol to borrow the King's nen ability, whatever it may be. Good luck getting the King to owe him a favor, though, but I wonder if he could have pulled it off with some devious word choice. (Or done the same with the king's guard.)

upandaway

I wonder if there would have been a way for Leol to borrow the King's nen ability, whatever it may be. Good luck getting the King to owe him a favor, though, but I wonder if he could have pulled it off with some devious word choice. (Or done the same with the king's guard.)
I think that was his intent all along actually. Have the King owe him a favor and go from there.

ЯAW

Banned
Just finished episode 107. I really like this show and it's mainly because the characters just don't level up in power in order to win fights. They usually use their wit to win in a battle, it doesn't get repetitive this way.

LogicStep

ЯAW;92621707 said:
Just finished episode 107. I really like this show and it's mainly because the characters just don't level up in power in order to win fights. They usually use their wit to win in a battle, it doesn't get repetitive this way.
That's exactly why I love this show among other things.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter episode 68
holyshit this episode was hilarious, also extreme fanservice for the ladies.

Top Bottom