• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter episode 69(hyukhyukhyuk)
This is some hardcore game of dodgeball! Also is razor part of the 5 strongest nen users?

It's bugging me, but there's a particular track I'm looking for that I don't know the name of. It would usually play during the 'Greed Island' arc when Gon and Killua would train with that girl (forgot her name).

foxuzamaki

It's bugging me, but there's a particular track I'm looking for that I don't know the name of. It would usually play during the 'Greed Island' arc when Gon and Killua would train with that girl (forgot her name).

Biscuit? And I wouldnt know the name of the track unfortunately, maybe the HxH vets can help you out.

FluxWaveZ

Random thought: After the Heavens Arena arc and the Yorknew City arc where a lot of the spotlight was on Kurapica, I was hoping Leorio would return and be of some (serious) use in some form later on. In one of the episodes explaining Nen, I'm pretty sure he even appeared as a silhouette next to the Emitter type.

Though, given the current arc and the fact that he's focused on being a doctor, it seems he'll either return with support abilities or never be a big deal whatsoever, which is a bit sad.

foxuzamaki

Random thought: After the Heavens Arena arc and the Yorknew City arc where a lot of the spotlight was on Kurapica, I was hoping Leorio would return and be of some (serious) use in some form later on. In one of the episodes explaining Nen, I'm pretty sure he even appeared as a silhouette next to the Emitter type.

Though, given the current arc and the fact that he's focused on being a doctor, it seems he'll either return with support abilities or never be a big deal whatsoever, which is a bit sad.

yeah so far leorio seems ot be way underused, we dont even know if he's really a fighter or not, the only things I can legit give him is he is a good thinker under pressure and since he trained with kurapika and gon to save killua, he is technically incredibly strong.

foxuzamaki

Hunter X Hunter episode 75, aka farewell best character
Well that was a pretty good arc, it ended right around the time I was starting to get bored of it, so it was enjoyable the whole way through. But I will miss bisky and I really enjoyed "the adventures of bisky, killua and gon", I wouldnt mind at all if she became a permanent member of the team, even though she is on a completely different level than gon and killua.
Too bad that doesnt happen as far as I know :(

foxuzamaki

He does not stand a chance to the five strongest.

Yeah after the dodgeball game he was just a criminal but still really strong, I just figured the people who created the game were on Ging's level but I guess they were all kinds of people,

Lyrics for the intro somewhat changes, but yeah same tunes.

The original HxH had many different songs. The endings were great, but the intros.... the only good ones were Ohayou and the one at 4:30 onwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcLGrqVFftM

Also I assume you just started the Chimera Ant arc? You're in for a ride, though a few people got turned off with the direction the series took. I personally love it so far.

Busaiku

Don't give up hope!

Rootbeer

Banned
Would love for them to change the opening for the next arc (after Chimera Ants), but since they haven't so far, I doubt it. One of my few complaints about the music. They've been really good about changing the ending music, and I generally like each change.

BTW do we even have any solid confirmation that they will continue after the chimera ant arc? I guess it's a bit early to know for sure, once we get closer to the end of the arc we should start to see preview character designs for the next arc... I hope :3

Moaradin

I really like both versions of the opening even if they don't change it. It hasn't got old for me after 100+ episodes.

I like a lot of the endings though.

Would love for them to change the opening for the next arc (after Chimera Ants), but since they haven't so far, I doubt it.

There'd only be one relatively short arc after that before there'd be a need to go in anime-only direction so what would be the point? Might as well have the series stay with the same opening throughout all its life at that point really.

Until we see those five in action having borderline broken nen abilities, Razor should stand a chance.

It's not an automatic A is stronger than B so A will win against B in this series.

No, but if we count the 5 strongest we know as the King, his 3 guards, and Netero...nope, no chance in hell by himself.

Lulubop

No, but if we count the 5 strongest we know as the King, his 3 guards, and Netero...nope, no chance in hell by himself.

He's referring to the 5 strongest nen users mentioned by biscuit during Greed Island IIRC. The 5 are never stated but I have a rough idea who they are. I don't Razor is on that level but it's hard to say.

Jigolo

But what if the 5 strongest are the top 5 floors of heavens arena? :shrugs:

I guess we'll never know. Thanks Togashi

Popnbake

Okay, I'll admit that if we're counting the current hyped characters.

But this is about a previous statement made before their arrival.

He's referring to the 5 strongest nen users mentioned by biscuit during Greed Island IIRC. The 5 are never stated but I have a rough idea who they are. I don't Razor is on that level but it's hard to say.

I think it was Netero who mentioned Ging being among the top 5 nen users.

I think Razor is probably on the same level as Kite, plus we also have to remember there is Illumi and Zeno as well as Silva as far as top tier goes.

Jigolo

I think Razor is at least on Hisoka, Chrollo, level. BTW I think Hisoka, Chrollo, Silva and Zeno would put up a good fight with the royal guards :s

Pretty sure Chrollo is above both Razor and Hisoka.

Only very slightly really, it'd all depend on how they use their powers and outwitting each other.

It's not as if it's a gap as big as Netero vs any other known Hunter so far that's not Killua's grandpa where I assume it'd just be impossible to overcome.

foxuzamaki

What do you guys think biscuit is in terms of tiers? I just got out of greed island arc but she seems to havent broken a sweat at all there, cept against razor but it wasent like she was actually fighting razor or anything. everything and everybody seemed like childs play to her, she probably could have token out the bombers at anytime. Atleast thats the impression I get from her.

belushy

Banned
Watched up to episode 29 the past two days.

I like the show. (Anime)
Was sad that Kaurapika and Leorio left. I don't really like Gon or Killua that much. Maybe this arc with them at the arena will change that though. I wish they would have done more with the Zoldyck family. I was expecting neat fights or something, but then they are just like "Oh okay, yeah he can leave."

Soriku

Only very slightly really, it'd all depend on how they use their powers and outwitting each other.

It's not as if it's a gap as big as Netero vs any other known Hunter so far that's not Killua's grandpa where I assume it'd just be impossible to overcome.

I've always assumed Chrollo ranks among the top in series, even though we haven't seen him fight too much. He's the leader of the Phantom Troupe after all.

Watched up to episode 29 the past two days.

I like the show. (Anime)
Was sad that Kaurapika and Leorio left. I don't really like Gon or Killua that much. Maybe this arc with them at the arena will change that though. I wish they would have done more with the Zoldyck family. I was expecting neat fights or something, but then they are just like "Oh okay, yeah he can leave."

You'll be happier next arc. Also they didn't fight the Zoldycks because they would've been torn apart lol. At least if they fought Killua's dad and grandpa.

They wouldn't stand a chance at all. I mean you saw heard the Zoldycks and their servants being described as if they were from another world. Even the girl with the baton could whoop all of them if she wanted, and she was just a trainee.

I've always assumed Chrollo ranks among the top in series, even though we haven't seen him fight too much. He's the leader of the Phantom Troupe after all.
I think a big part of his strength is his unpredictability. You never really know what he can do even if you see him doing something.
Even Zeno had to play cautious when Chrollo took out a cape. We don't really have an idea how strong his copied abilities are relative to the original though. Could be same, worse or better.

CrimsonN0

Who really knows how most fights would go?

I guess theres technically those power charts from data books covering various points in the story.
But rather than just covering strength, the categories are:
Spirit, Skill, Strength, Nen, Talent, Intelligence.

It would ultimately come down to how the character's Nen ability interacts with each other.
And a number of characters have never really shown off their full abilities.

foxuzamaki

I just remembered that when the phantom trope were sneaking onto the island via boats that when razor showed up, the entire trope were cautious of him, of just this one man, enough so that they didnt even dare fight him and decide to play the game legit.

Rootbeer

Banned
Seen a lot of people trying to rationalize Killua's muscles in the last ep. Let's remember:

Killua-claws.jpg

tumblr_mb6b1seF4d1qlp4x9o2_500.gif

Now compare to (from episode 7):

tumblr_mx9l0wsQkW1rgez2uo2_1280.png

He didn't buff up that significantly in such a short period, he simply has the ability to change his body in inhuman ways as part of his 'assassin techniques', not that I know how those are explainable even in a world where Nen exists but yeah.

I doubt his body is in that state constantly. Maybe the shock from being near death triggered it temporarily or he willingly triggered it while checking the state of his injuries (he was doing all kinds of stretches etc. in that shot)

Anyway, I know this is more from the previous page but I wanted to weigh in on it before the next episode.

Lulubop

Like I said,. In the same manga panel as the scene from last week, Killua is no where near as ripped. It's just fan service.

Jigolo

There is no way to know this. My gut feel is Hisoka is going to rip Chrollo a new asshole when they eventually do fight.
Doubt it. Both will be close to death before it's all said and done, with one of them finishing the other off. It sucks it's all speculation though. Fucking Togashi lol

pants

Doubt it. Both will be close to death before it's all said and done, with one of them finishing the other off. It sucks it's all speculation though. Fucking Togashi lol

Dat sailor moon money
Dat lazy disease
Dat 'research'
Dat napkin drawings

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Technically, Togashi's power level list does rank who is above who.. you can get into the whole nen ability this and that stuff, but there is a clear hierarchy of certain attributes.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dat sailor moon money
Dat lazy disease
Dat 'research'
Dat napkin drawings
He's still young guys! Hayao Miyazaki is starting a new manga and he's 72! Togashi should be shamed out of Japan if he 'retires' now with an incomplete story in front of him -- where's that Japanese work ethic! He'll come around, I believe it must happen.

Top Bottom