• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Wait, this character is based on Togashi?
1UT7pqa.jpg

LogicStep

So what are the actual reasons for his hiatus? Has he given any or is it known at all? This has to be one of the best anime I've seen, has to be popular as all hell, yet he doesn't get off his ass and keep the story going?

What do you guys think biscuit is in terms of tiers? I just got out of greed island arc but she seems to havent broken a sweat at all there, cept against razor but it wasent like she was actually fighting razor or anything. everything and everybody seemed like childs play to her, she probably could have token out the bombers at anytime. Atleast thats the impression I get from her.

There's an official power list that places her above Hisoka, Chrollo and way above Genthru. So yeah, she could probably take the bombers out easily if she was fine with showing her true form.

Popnbake

There's an official power list that places her above Hisoka, Chrollo and way above Genthru. So yeah, she could probably take the bombers out easily if she was fine with showing her true form.

Biscuit officially above Hisoka and Chrollo?

Is that a tier list of just physical traits?

She's very strong but that's about it when her nen ability does not have much use in combat.

Both Hisoka and Chrollo's nen abilities allows them to adapt to a wider variety of what can happen in a fight and are not just limited to physical combat.

To me she should not rank that high.

upandaway

So what are the actual reasons for his hiatus? Has he given any or is it known at all? This has to be one of the best anime I've seen, has to be popular as all hell, yet he doesn't get off his ass and keep the story going?
The rumors are either back pains or hand pains. There was a rumor that he has no assistants but that was debunked.

There's also the fact you can eerily trace hiatuses to DQ releases, haha. Who knows!

Biscuit officially above Hisoka and Chrollo?

Is that a tier list of just physical traits?

She's very strong but that's about it when her nen ability does not have much use in combat.

Both Hisoka and Chrollo's nen abilities allows them to adapt to a wider variety of what can happen in a fight and are not just limited to physical combat.

To me she should not rank that high.

It's this.

But you're right, this doesn't necessarily mean she would win in a fight against them. As you can see, there are people relatively low compared to their opponent, yet still put up enough of a fight or even won. You wouldn't think Kurapika could kill Chrollo at any time based on that chart.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I seriously dislike how weak Hisoka is and how strong Biscuit is. They feel like they should be swapped at the very least.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Morel being on the same level as Gon and Killua? That one makes no sense either.

Gon and Killua being on the same level as Morel is just nonsense. I know it's all about how you use nen but...ugh

It kind of confirms everything we know about the volatility or unpredictability of nen battles though. There's an obvious unknown/x factor that isn't really calculable, and in a nutshell that's what makes the fights in this series exciting.

Popnbake

It's this.

But you're right, this doesn't necessarily mean she would win in a fight against them. As you can see, there are people relatively low compared to their opponent, yet still put up enough of a fight or even won. You wouldn't think Kurapika could kill Chrollo at any time based on that chart.

Biscuit ranks in the same 4 category with Knov and Morel when it comes to nen??

Didn't know having a personal masseuse was that important.

The power ranking is not THE deciding factor of how a fight would go for sure, but it sure helps as an indication of just how much harder certain characters would have to try against others.

Er, where's the King on this list?

If you must know
ALL stats are off the chart and represented as question marks

It's this.

There are several of these from some combined YuYu Hakusho/ Hunter x Hunter Jump Remix. Each gives the stats of major characters at various points of the story(every arc plus the beginning, middle, and end of the Chimera arc).

Shouta

Keep in mind the "Nen" part is the only thing that matters on that chart. :)

Not even that. Wolfin, Coltpi, and Cheetu have 4 in Nen but could never beat many of the other folks on that list.

This rating isn't a direct comparison or an actual power level. It just shows their ratings in those areas as they are currently. Even Togashi himself explains in the arc that just because you max out higher does not mean you can't be beat.

The one that kinda makes sense is Leorio but even then, it doesn't really either. At one point, it showed Leorio being stronger than Gon and Kurapika who both outrank him on this list. The only reason that should be the case would be that it's the current growth for each person. It'd be subject to change should Togashi choose to and write it in, lol.

I want to see Leorio with all 4s next arc. >=O

Yeah, the list posted is only of the latest appearances of the characters so it's them at their strongest shown, which is why Kurapica and Leorio are where they are really. The book also had multiple versions of Gon and Killua from the previous arcs which were WAY lower, like, it may say Gon is statiscally equivalent to Genthru now but during their actual fight he was WAY outclassed making it clear that he only won because of their plan.

Yonafunu

I'm not sure if this list is very appropriate for this thread. Not all characters on there have been completely revealed, power wise. It seems kinda early to have a list of power levels when the big battles in this arc haven't even started yet.

The actual scans are though iirc, but the list in this page didn't include any of what would be spoilers up to where the anime currently is.

Yonafunu

Considering where the anime is currently, it's not terribly spoilery anymore. So it's ok to look at.

But it still gives some extra insight we don't have yet in the anime. I mean, we haven't seen even a bit of Yupi and Pufu's powers yet, and all of a sudden there's this list of where they rank up compared to everyone else.
I've read the manga, so it's not a big deal to me, but this seems more like post-arc discussion material.
Also, "not terribly spoilery" is still spoilery. At least tag it.

edit: Why did the list get posted anyway? Someone asked about Biscuit's power level compared to some other characters, fine. But why in god's name would you reply with an entire list of power levels of important characters from this current arc?

Jigolo

That list is hell. The first time I saw that chart it was shocking to see. My placements were all fucked up before seeing that

Shouta

The actual scans are though iirc, but the list in this page didn't include any of what would be spoilers up to where the anime currently is.

But it still gives some extra insight we don't have yet in the anime. I mean, we haven't seen even a bit of Yupi and Pufu's powers yet, and all of a sudden there's this list of where they rank up compared to everyone else.
I've read the manga, so it's not a big deal to me, but this seems more like post-arc discussion material.
Also, "not terribly spoilery" is still spoilery. At least tag it.

edit: Why did the list get posted anyway? Someone asked about Biscuit's power level compared to some other characters, fine. But why in god's name would you reply with an entire list of power levels of important characters from this current arc?

I mean the list above specifically. And we know how strong they are just based off Pitou. They wouldn't be the Royal Guard for nothing. lol

That list is hell. The first time I saw that chart it was shocking to see. My placements were all fucked up before seeing that

It's just a comparison of their relative strengths in each area currently rather than a full X vs. Y as I mentioned.

Yonafunu

Meh. I still think the list shouldn't have been posted, and has no place in this thread (yet), but if Shouta thinks it's cool then that's that I guess. Can't we at least tag it or something?

Jigolo

I mean the list above specifically. And we know how strong they are just based off Pitou. They wouldn't be the Royal Guard for nothing. lol

It's just a comparison of their relative strengths in each area currently rather than a full X vs. Y as I mentioned.
Maybe I'm still misunderstanding. Gon and Hisokas numbers are relatively close but Hisoka is still much more powerful? How? Explaining this like I'm 5 would be awesome

Ah, thanks.
God I hate this list. I really think it should never have been made. I'd advise everyone to basically ignore it.

Its just a list bro no need to take it so seriously lol

Given characters reaction thus far it should have been safe for everyone to assume the Royal guards are absolute top tier when Netero was told he'd be killed by them before he even got to the King.

Sorry, didn't think that list would be a spoiler since all characters have been revealed, but I guess not everyone in here is caught up with the anime. Also, it does kind of mean
Netero lied when he said Pitou was stronger than him,
which won't be revealed for a little bit I guess.

Sorry, didn't think that list would be a spoiler since all characters have been revealed, but I guess not everyone in here is caught up with the anime. Also, it does kind of mean

Given we see Netero trying to find his best form again I don't think he necessarily lied, I think at that particular point in time Pitou was indeed stronger than him

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From the Op and ED it seems Gon might wear some pants and actually look decent for once, killua always outswagged him when it comes to outfits.

Ghost King

Neo Member
Wait, this character is based on Togashi?
1UT7pqa.jpg

Yes, it is. It's a well known fact that togashi enjoys playing dragon quest (that's why we had Greed Island), the reason for his hiatuses is that he suffers from back problems and... dragon quest.

Not necessary, but I recall that chart was made after the Ants Arc so... it's a spoiler

Top Bottom