• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

smurfx

get some go again
i've always had the feeling that hisoka is probably hiding his true abilities. he's a magician and a big part of what they do is deception. he is strong enough to kill people with his gum ability but he might be hiding more powerful abilities and only brings them out when he absolutely must.

Erigu

That one is the same kind of ridiculous bullshit as for Miura and Idolmaster: "he talks about a game, therefore he's addicted and that's the reason we're getting less episodes!" ... Really?

the source for the back problems are in the tankobons of Yu Yu Hakusho, where he explains that he has chronic low back pains.
Doesn't necessarily explain the Hunter x Hunter hiatuses, but that's interesting.

LogicStep

i've always had the feeling that hisoka is probably hiding his true abilities. he's a magician and a big part of what they do is deception. he is strong enough to kill people with his gum ability but he might be hiding more powerful abilities and only brings them out when he absolutely must.

I'm pretty certain he's stronger than anyone imagines. He must know what he's up against when he said he wanted to fight Netero, to his face, and Chrollo, he can't be oblivious to these people's powers.

zero_suit

I'm pretty certain he's stronger than anyone imagines. He must know what he's up against when he said he wanted to fight Netero, to his face, and Chrollo, he can't be oblivious to these people's powers.

I don't think he did. He would've gotten crushed.

Popnbake

That would be disappointing to me if that happened for his character.

The reason why Hisoka is so impressive is that he is strong using only a few abilities in ways most people wouldn't expect.

Malajax

So what are the actual reasons for his hiatus? Has he given any or is it known at all? This has to be one of the best anime I've seen, has to be popular as all hell, yet he doesn't get off his ass and keep the story going?

Aside from the DQand back pain responses given earlier, I'm more inclined to believe that he's written himself in a corner. While Togashi seems to have a clear end point in mind, it doesn't seem like he knows how he's getting there. Similar thing likely happened with Yu Yu Hakusho... It just ends. Dragonball ended in a similar way as well. When your characters are basically gods, how do you top that point and make it believable and entertaining?

Combined with the fact that we're probably so, so far away from this endpoint, he's probably a little discouraged from finishing it. For now anyway. Despite only releasing one volume this year, HxH is still amongst the top selling manga franchises around. I wouldn't be surprised if he's milking this for years and years to come.

LogicStep

Aside from the DQand back pain responses given earlier, I'm more inclined to believe that he's written himself in a corner. While Togashi seems to have a clear end point in mind, it doesn't seem like he knows how he's getting there. Similar thing likely happened with Yu Yu Hakusho... It just ends. Dragonball ended in a similar way as well. When your characters are basically gods, how do you top that point and make it believable and entertaining?

Combined with the fact that we're probably so, so far away from this endpoint, he's probably a little discouraged from finishing it. For now anyway. Despite only releasing one volume this year, HxH is still amongst the top selling manga franchises around. I wouldn't be surprised if he's milking this for years and years to come.
But the thing with this anime is that it's not about power levels or gods, it's about strategy and using their abilities in ways others would never imagine. Look at Morel vs Cheetu and the lion guy. He used his powers in awesome ways and that's just a recent example. He should be able to come up with amazing fights.

Malajax

But the thing with this anime is that it's not about power levels or gods, it's about strategy and using their abilities in ways others would never imagine. Look at Morel vs Cheetu and the lion guy. He used his powers in awesome ways and that's just a recent example. He should be able to come up with amazing fights.

I agree. Some parts are really well written and thought out. The problem I'm seeing, however, is that he doesn't know how to get to that next big fight. Who's gonna be the next big bad and how is it going to matter in the context of the bigger picture? Doesn't look very clear.

pants

That would be disappointing to me if that happened for his character.

The reason why Hisoka is so impressive is that he is strong using only a few abilities in ways most people wouldn't expect.

Hisoka is a genius level fighter. I suspect his ability ceiling is significantly higher than anyone else's and is only hampered by his own little obsessions. What he did to Togari should tell you a lot about him.

God Damn I miss my Hisoka avatar.

Sorry, didn't think that list would be a spoiler since all characters have been revealed, but I guess not everyone in here is caught up with the anime. Also, it does kind of mean
Netero lied when he said Pitou was stronger than him,
which won't be revealed for a little bit I guess.

Not really considering that the entire point of waiting to attack the castle was to wait for him to get back in shape so he'd even have a chance at the king. Pretty sure with how rusty he must've been fighting Pitou at that moment would've probably killed him.

He may be hiding some special ability of his gum, but something more than that? I doubt it really.

I don't think he did. He would've gotten crushed.

Yeah, Hisoka is strong, but not Netero level strong.

Ghost King

Neo Member
That one is the same kind of ridiculous bullshit as for Miura and Idolmaster: "he talks about a game, therefore he's addicted and that's the reason we're getting less episodes!" ... Really?

Doesn't necessarily explain the Hunter x Hunter hiatuses, but that's interesting.

I forgot to mention that he is the editor of Kuroko no Basuke, but Togashi is known to be a lazy person.

While Togashi seems to have a clear end point in mind, it doesn't seem like he knows how he's getting there. Similar thing likely happened with Yu Yu Hakusho... It just ends. Dragonball ended in a similar way as well. When your characters are basically gods, how do you top that point and make it believable and entertaining?

He said in a interview with Oda that he has like 5 or 6 more stories, so there is at least 3 or 4 arcs more ( source: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MrGenial11/Yoshihiro_Togashi_/_Eiichiro_Oda_interview )

Erigu

Ghost King

Neo Member

And I wasn't sure what it was you were saying exactly!
Togashi obviously isn't the editor of Kuroko no Baske (that translation is terrible). And even if he were (he's not), I'm not sure how you would go from there to "he's known to be a lazy person" anyway...

I was trying to say something that I just found out there, I didn't know that the translation was bad, I'm sorry, and the "he's known to be a lazy person" was me just being stupid and trying to connect things without much sense, pardon me for the confusion

Erigu

I was trying to say something that I just found out there, I didn't know that the translation was bad, I'm sorry
No problem at all, that's hardly your fault!
(for the record, Togashi was actually saying that his editor (tantô) at the time of the interview also was Fujimaki's first editor on Kuroko no Baske)

Kyuur

I hope the people who weren't a fan of the villains (ants) in the beginning are starting to see why this arc is so revered. :)

This episode, despite no action, was perfect.

What an amazing episode. I seriously love the King and Komugi.

Fuck, this series is so good. Even though I hate the manga's art, I'm seriously considering collecting the English volumes after the anime is over. Or hell, I would collect this anime if whoever licensed it actually spoke up. -_-

G.ZZZ

I cry every time i read this part in the manga, and the anime adapted it perfectly, cried rivers. The only thing i didn't like was the part about the king being asked his name (in the manga he looks more disturbed/detached from reality, like one of those moments where you have an intuition).

upandaway

Oh man, that scene on the balcony. This is the point of change where the King subplot got a lot more interesting. Recognizing violence definitely caught me by surprise, I expected it to happen like Pouf predicted, then he starts laughing. At that moment I just gave up trying to understand what's going on and submitted to just seeing what will happen next. Komugi awakening to nen caught me off guard too.

kirblar

Oh man, that scene on the balcony. This is the point of change where the King subplot got a lot more interesting. Recognizing violence definitely caught me by surprise, I expected it to happen like Pouf predicted, then he starts laughing. At that moment I just gave up trying to understand what's going on and submitted to just seeing what will happen next. Komugi awakening to nen caught me off guard too.
Given the earlier encounter with whats-his-face, the Auctioneer guy, I was more surprised that she wasn't already tapping into it given that Savants in this world unconsciously use it.

upandaway

Given the earlier encounter with whats-his-face, the Auctioneer guy, I was more surprised that she wasn't already tapping into it given that Savants in this world unconsciously use it.
Zepile, but I think it was different than with him. He was just transferring aura by working hard/caring about the product, I think what she's doing is more in line with Neon. I guess it just means she was so good already there was no need to tap into it until now.

It's not really manga spoiler since it was never revealed in the manga, and it doesn't spoil anything since she already awakened in the anime now, but her Nen type
is Specialization

remz

Yeah, I always took it as she was using her Nen regardless whenever she played Gungi- it's the reason she was so good at the game to begin with.

It fits from the dialogue about her past games and amazing strategies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter episode 84
Togashi likes to fuck up his likable side characters
from what ive read apparently they cut out what they did with
pokkle's body
after the "interrogation"?
And I guess I should spoiler since new people are coming in, then again, you guys didnt spoiler and im doing fine :p

Raxus

Why X Why episode 85
That wasent Kite right? please tell me it wasent Kite.

Kite is purdy dead.
Hence why so many people call this arc Fucked x Fucked

Episode 108 was fantastic by the way. Just goes to show no matter how OP something is even the tiniest thing can change the tides.

foxuzamaki

Kite is purdy dead.
Hence why so many people call this arc Fucked x Fucked

Episode 108 was fantastic by the way. Just goes to show no matter how OP something is even the tiniest thing can change the tides.

Everyone is dying, even the people who should be too strong to die ;_;

foxuzamaki

Fucked X Fucked episode 86
Netaro: "They're stronger than me :)" I just all confidence in the good guys >.>

Jigolo

I loved Killua calling out Gon on his "has impossible ideals with no solutions" b.s. this episode as well.

Ha yeah, when Killua knew that if they knew Palm was in danger, the priority for Gon would be to save her rather to take down the King.

Blades64

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 108

Freaking AWESOME episode. This is definitely the best arc in the series. It has already surpassed the York New City arc.

What is up with the King? I'm so engrossed in his and Komugi's sub plot that everything else pales in comparison to me. Is this love? Because if it is, this has got to be the most BA love story there is in anime right now.

Something tells me things won't end well for them though... :(

foxuzamaki

Maybe not so fucked X Maybe not so fucked episode 88
first of all knov says netaro is lying about how strong he is, I would want to relax after that but since this is Fucked X Fucked he could just assuming and netaro really is as weak as he say he is.
2nd of all, if anybody, anybody know the name of the violin piece played during this episode, I would love you forever, idk if it is a OG piece created for HxH or if its a classic song that has been around for years and years.

Top Bottom