• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
God what a great episode. Even when nothing happens and it's all just talk, the show progresses at such a good pace. This whole scenario between Komugi and The King is so interesting to see because you just don't know what's going to happen next. Will The King develop as a character and care for Komugi or will his killer instinct/most powerful mentality get the best of him? It makes it for a very engrossing show. The scene where he is discussing Komugi with the Royal Guards and watching the violin one squirm as he notices those changes was greatly done. Also, the scene of the King storming into Komugi's room and protecting her was just too epic. That and the awesome piano intro for the ending at the end, man. Just works wonderfully.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Best ep in a while IMO. Felt like things really moved forward this week.

Next Week:

Soon:

Eventually:

Promised_day.jpg

Feels like we've been waiting forever, yo.

The thing I like about the King is when he was just introduce I stupidly wrote him off as another Cell of Frieeza clone (I said stupidly because Togashi has shown time and time again that he does shounen better than almost everyone else) but the development he goes through throughout the arc just makes him one of the most compelling villains I have ever seen, its like watching a really powerful child growing up.

Tobe

gave up and read all the arc. the feels i cant hold them i just cant. why oh god why. WHY IS THIS ON HIATUS GODDAMIT!!!!!

Soriku

Wow what an amazing episode. Loving the development of the King through his relationship with Komugi. His inquiry about his name was a pretty interesting thing to bring up, and I like how he's so conflicted. Awesome antagonist to be sure.

Was that bird attacking Komugi being influenced by the King's power?

Great episode. Wonder how the King catching the feels will affect things. I get a feeling she will contribute to his defeat. And the king being a dick to the royal guard, haha. Can't wait till next week!

Yeah, I have to say that I'm mostly interested in what's going on between King and Komugi at this point. I've pretty much forgotten about everything else. You know it's a weird feeling when you dread seeing anyone but those two. I guess I just really want to know what happens next.

Moaradin

This episode pretty much solidified this arc as my favorite so far. This show can have no action in it whatsoever and can still leave me at the edge of my seat. The King and Komugi dynamic is so damn good. I'm loving his character progression so far.

Nibel

Hunter x Nibel 108

Most shounen animes need to show off fights or reveal surprising twists to progress while in HxH all it takes is the cast itself talking to each other. We know King since his birth and seeing him developing feelings and thoughts is so thrilling; we've seen his past actions: killing people or ants if he's in the right mood or that he doesn't hesitate to do what he wants. His Nen aura puts everyone to shame and every time he's on screen with Komugi, you fear for that little girl's life.

And man, watching him realizing the power of violence and that it's probably unnecessary for him to play with Komugi anymore was terrifying to watch. The great thing is that he's absolutely right with everything he said while walking towards her door: he doesn't need her to rule the world, and if she's dead he'd be the best player in the world. But what he doesn't realize the entire time is the huuuge mistake he's made when he began caring about understanding Komugi; she's the first human he spends a lot of time with and therefore he gets used to her. He even finds playing with her enjoyabla - a Chimera Ant and a human! Developing feelings for her is the big problem he's facing currently and I'm certain that this will break him in the end.

Also, I loved to see that Gon & Killua are back together and that the operation seem to commence. The national celebration will be crazy, that's for sure.

Fantastic episode
p0QHO.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Goku X Goku episode 91
Well the king has finally been born, a preemie at that, and well I actually was expecting him to look more humanoid than he does now due to what he looked like in the OP, ive seen in places several times that Tagoshi has taken influence from Cell, but he seems to have some Frieza influence aswell.And its because of these influences that I think he might eventually evolve into a more humanoid form

Nibel

I must also praise the incredible soundtrack of this anime; I love to listen to it while working on random stuff, be it website design or photoshop shit

Great, great music!

foxuzamaki

Date X A X Live episode 93
dude Gon is a fucking PLAYA, this episode was great
I love how togashi knows his main characters are total shotas lol

foxuzamaki

You are sooo close to 95 :)

Was gonna watch episode 95 right now but then I noticed that time and realized its almost 5"30, had a inner struggle to continue or not.
Will get my impressions in the morning
Yandere X Yandere episode 94
I love the shananigans with palm, also GREAT that killua got over his mental block ,even tho it was mostly Illumi, tho he still know when to run as seen when escaping palm lol

Once again, I just want to say this anime is a wonderful adaptation. I'm honestly enjoying it more now than reading it, which is very tough to accomplish (well, a little easier this time considering the time gaps and art problems the manga had). The ending music, coming after a powerful end of the episode like this, is incredible.

Blades64

Banned
Togashi needs to continue this...nooooowwwwww! I'm fighting the urge to go and read the chapters. The anime is doing it sooo good.

Hunter x Hunter 108
Youpi probably thinks Neferpitou and Pouf are crazy. Walks in on Pouf balling while playing the violin and sees Pitou on the roof dancing like a madman.

TheChits

I've already watched the episode a few times. Man, the music has just been outstanding lately. The king's development has been fascinating thus far and I can't wait to see him finally duke it out with someone.

LogicStep

I fear I may be fighting a losing battle...

Stay strong, knowing how the fights pan out or what happens in the story won't be as satisfying as watching it for the first time in this gorgeous adaptation and the epic music. I won't be reading anything until the anime stops completely and maybe then I might just forget about it and wait for more anime if there ever is any! I didn't read the Shingeki manga until the anime ended and it was well worth it! STAY STRONG!

Really enjoyable episode. Fascinating to see the dynamics of the King and coming to terms with these new found feelings which were of course in contradiction to how he was programmed. Really excited to see how the relationship develops from here.

Also, I have to add. I love how the end of the episode transitions into the ending theme. I always make it a point to watch it everytime.

foxuzamaki

Hunter X Hunter episode 95
the last 5 mins was super intense, found out the hasfire for those last 5 mins was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yub65HeVT9s
Also its quite sad(and surprising I guess I could say) that they still tink kite is alive, I was hoping the older hunters would have noticed already but it looks like they didnt, or atleast they're hiding it from gon, dont know when gon is gonna find out but I hope its animated already.

Tobe

god the animation in the ending just got me HARD. it all falls in place, every piece connects itself. THIS FUCKING SERIES IS AMAZING GODDAMN!!!!

LogicStep

Really enjoyable episode. Fascinating to see the dynamics of the King and coming to terms with these new found feelings which were of course in contradiction to how he was programmed. Really excited to see how the relationship develops from here.

Also, I have to add. I love how the end of the episode transitions into the ending theme. I always make it a point to watch it everytime.

Me too.

Tobe

as good as the transitions are, the anime that takes the title is probably jojo, not olny one of the best uses of a song but the transitions are priceless.

I have to agree with this being better than the manga if only because following it as it goes doesn't mean having to deal with "scribbles" and multiple hiatuses in the middle of the arc.

The thing I like about the King is when he was just introduce I stupidly wrote him off as another Cell of Frieeza clone (I said stupidly because Togashi has shown time and time again that he does shounen better than almost everyone else) but the development he goes through throughout the arc just makes him one of the most compelling villains I have ever seen, its like watching a really powerful child growing up.

Well that is exactly what we're watching.

Man I really love the whole King and Komugi relationship (which is why I love the ending so much). I really look forward to seeing what the anime does with them, specially how it'll do a certain scene from the end of the arc.

Blades64

Banned
Well I've decided that I won't read the manga. The anime is already doing an amazing job. Love to see it being played out in motion. :)

Top Bottom