• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

kirblar

The pacing in the Anime is far superior to the Manga's pacing of this arc. (Multiple chapters on the dart game, for instance, got really annoying fast.)

Yonafunu

But you can read the manga at any pace you like. That's the good part of catching up to a manga; it takes as long as you want it to, to a certain extent of course.
But I get what you mean, it did get tiring.

Rootbeer

Banned
what's wrong with wanting to stick to the anime, and watching it together with fellow anime-only peeps?
There are posts in this thread discouraging others to seek out the manga, and I don't see an alternative view being put forward, so I am. It's funny, when you go to other fandoms like say, Game of Thrones, there's a lot of encouragement and excitement around the original source material. I find that a lot more healthy. I never said everyone should read it or care about the manga. But discouraging people from doing so seems dismissive and borderline disrespectful to me.

Rather they do or don't doesn't change the rules of this thread.

ЯAW

Banned
If they are going to adapt all the currently available chapters with approximately same pace, how many episodes we will theoretically have?

Yonafunu

There are posts in this thread discouraging others to seek out the manga, and I don't see an alternative view being put forward, so I am. It's funny, when you go to other fandoms like say, Game of Thrones, there's a lot of encouragement and excitement around the original source material. I find that a lot more healthy. I never said everyone should read it or care about the manga. But discouraging people from doing so seems dismissive and borderline disrespectful to me.

I think you're talking it a little too seriously. I don't think anyone is being dismissive, it seems more about fostering a group spirit where everyone watches it together. Nobody is saying anything about the manga being bad or something like that.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, I'm not going to reiterate myself further. There is no diminishment in spirit if you are going in fresh or not IMO. If anything there's more spirit, I would argue.

Here, have a Killua pillow if you don't agree (found this on facebook just now :|)

Zn2EObw.jpg

Yonafunu

The current arc has 59 chapters left to animate, the last arc after that has about 22 chapter.

edit: beaten. And yes, the latest episode is chapter 257-258.

That killua sama pillow is amazing.

BbdnYzGIcAE6g6Q.jpg

Love lecturing Killua sama always the only one in the anime that acts smart. Unfortunately, the same cant be said for the King. Why wont he annihilate Komugi, Komugi is like the worst part and ruins and deteriorates HxH extensively. And then crying?! Why so bad.

Kyuur

Love lecturing Killua sama always the only one in the anime that acts smart. Unfortunately, the same cant be said for the King. Why wont he annihilate Komugi, Komugi is like the worst part and ruins and deteriorates HxH extensively. And then crying?! Why so bad.

I can't.

I just.

I can't.

BbdnYzGIcAE6g6Q.jpg

Why are you using honorifics?

Korosenai

People still falling for DTL's posts?

Also, i'm so hyped for the upcoming episodes. Seriously, I feel like shits about to get real.

Ghost King

Neo Member

I read the manga first, and is so good but the difference between this and Game of Thrones is that the anime is almost 100% source material, where as GoT is an adaptation of the books so is not like GoT is exactly the book material. If you're reading the manga you are going to know every scene that plays out for now and that's why is not encouraged (for the anime viewers that want to experience this without being spoiled)

Jigolo

BbdnYzGIcAE6g6Q.jpg

Hahahah god damn. Reading DTLs opinions are awesome to read

You for real?

DTL brah!

With regards to the whole manga thing as far as I am concern anyone should do whatever they please personally I only read the manga after watching the entire original series plus ova years ago and wanted more, had the original series continue I doubt I would have read it since in most case I tend to prefer animes anyway.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just for fun I went back and read about 20 episode worth of DTL opinions, including a argument of killua's sexuality lol

LogicStep

How's the HxH movie? There's one so far that goes with this new series right? And there's one more coming out? That movie that came out, how is it in comparison with the show itself. Going by the Naruto and Bleach movies, these movies tend to not be that great compared to the actual show imo.

How's the HxH movie? There's one so far that goes with this new series right? And there's one more coming out? That movie that came out, how is it in comparison with the show itself. Going by the Naruto and Bleach movies, these movies tend to not be that great compared to the actual show imo.
I saw the first one. It's an alright backstory with a terribly cliche villain. Worth watching, but not a must.

Jigolo

Taking Stock x And x Taking Action

Well here we go. The next episode should be very interesting. This ep answered a few questions we had before in this thread. The nen Knov encountered was Poufs. I was pleasantly surprised to see Knov back in action, making sure the situation doesn't change if they were to wait inside those rooms. But wtf happened to him? He's really skinny and blonde now? I can understand the skinny but how exactly did his hair change color?

I think Pitou was in shock when she was told to guard Gomugi. The way the camera in was positioned in her face was all disappointment. (I'm glad though, I love Gomugi)

Here's hoping Ikalgo finds Palm safely. And damn it was shocking but it makes perfect sense for Morel to be at 35%-40% of his full strength. The guy has been monitoring the city and fighting ants for awhile now.

Anyway great build up episode. Can't wait for next week.

Lulubop

So intense, it looks like it finally begins! Super excited.

Knov's hair is White, he was spooked by Pouf's en. I imagine he hasn't been eating well or getting much rest.

upandaway

All that music. Especially in the first half, you could feel things getting real. It begins!

To anime only watchers, at this very point at the end of the episode, in February 2006, the manga took a hiatus of 1 year.. and 8 months.

Good episode. My question is, can't the Hunter's Association send in better people than the group assembled now? I mean Morel and Netero can certainly handle themselves fine, but c'mon. The fate of the world is at stake and they can't send anybody else better equipped to fight? Seems kind of odd.

upandaway

Good episode. My question is, can't the Hunter's Association send in better people than the group assembled now? I mean Morel and Netero can certainly handle themselves fine, but c'mon. The fate of the world is at stake and they can't send anybody else better equipped to fight? Seems kind of odd.
It's kinda hard to answer without leading you on a bit, so I'll refer you to what was already very briefly revealed in the scene of a phone call with Morel a while back (the one where he complains that the association sent in reinforcements against his recommendation): there's currently tension in the association over the chairman's position. It was like 10 seconds of dialogue so it's easy to forget.

Yonafunu

It's kinda hard to answer without leading you on a bit, so I'll refer you to what was already very briefly revealed in the scene of a phone call with Morel a while back (the one where he complains that the association sent in reinforcements against his recommendation): there's currently tension in the association over the chairman's position. It was like 10 seconds of dialogue so it's easy to forget.

There's also the fact that they don't want to send too many people, because of the possibility of making the ants too strong. If any strong Hunters get killed by the ants, they could be used to make stronger ants. This is the reason Netero decided to use a small but capable team, instead of an all out assault.

Yeah but still. You think they would put their differences aside with the fate of the world on the line. And its not like Knuckle or Shoot or that capable either. They could have easily hired the Zoldyck's to do a much better job.

Raxus

Yeah but still. You think they would put their differences aside with the fate of the world on the line. And its not like Knuckle or Shoot or that capable either. They could have easily hired the Zoldyck's to do a much better job.
Unnnnngh.....Herk...must...not...spoil...

Prep x Prep

A table setting episode but we are going to need this breather when selection starts I believe.

I've thought about this a lot too, haha.

Trevelyon

This is the episode. Everything I love about HxH distilled into one episode. The hypotheticals x hypotheticals, so much 'what ifs' and trying to account for all these unknown (x)factors a ka nobody expects the Komugi, bucking tired battle shonen conventions of 'oh, hey! we're invading this big ass place with massive villain threats with so many variables and possible outcomes! Let's give 5 panels of forethought to this before we go'

That, or... I have a special place in my heart for this episode and/or chapters because there was like a three year hiatus between that and the next episode back in the day. It's one of the two.

Soriku

All that music. Especially in the first half, you could feel things getting real. It begins!

To anime only watchers, at this very point at the end of the episode, in February 2006, the manga took a hiatus of 1 year.. and 8 months.

Dat cliffhanger.

Good episode glad we've gotten to the selection now. I liked everyone's thoughts before the battle. In the preview
is that Youpi getting tail slapped by the King? lol.

upandaway

You're making this impossible for me. Just wait! geez!!

There's also the fact that they don't want to send too many people, because of the possibility of making the ants too strong. If any strong Hunters get killed by the ants, they could be used to make stronger ants. This is the reason Netero decided to use a small but capable team, instead of an all out assault.
That was true literally up until this episode, but not anymore. The final assault could definitely use more people, chicagocubsfan is right.

Top Bottom