• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I honestly hope everyone makes it out alive, especially morel who has proven to be the most useful person in this arc against the enemies.
staying up for days without rest, I couldnt do it.

LuffyZoro

All that music. Especially in the first half, you could feel things getting real. It begins!

To anime only watchers, at this very point at the end of the episode, in February 2006, the manga took a hiatus of 1 year.. and 8 months.

That is a terrible cliffhanger.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg. The plan is going to be in action next episode! It's finally about to go fucking down. HYPE.

foxuzamaki

All that music. Especially in the first half, you could feel things getting real. It begins!

To anime only watchers, at this very point at the end of the episode, in February 2006, the manga took a hiatus of 1 year.. and 8 months.

And he's only done one arc after this? what in the hell?

Popnbake

HxH 109

Loved the segment at the end with the characters giving their final thoughts on the mission.

The details on what to expect with the amount of potential casualties (tens of thousands dying just from a panic induced stampede) is one of the things I like about HxH.

It really separates it from the other more light-hearted shonen series.

Thankfully it was past that point when I started lol

I too was thankful I didn't discover HxH until the author ended the hiatus to finish the ant arc.

Already have enough problems with Berserk.

foxuzamaki

togashi needs to hire editors that can do the work for him while he's on breaks, in a way this is worse than when he just rush the final arc of YYH, because HxH doesnt seem even close to ending and he cant be doing this

LogicStep

togashi needs to hire editors that can do the work for him while he's on breaks, in a way this is worse than when he just rush the final arc of YYH, because HxH doesnt seem even close to ending and he cant be doing this

Why doesn't he just, oh I dunno, tell the animation studio the story he has planned and wants and just let them animate it for him? He can have his input on how things should be done. Or hire people to draw the manga for him? :(

Ghost King

Neo Member
Togashi does the manga almost alone, just sometimes he gets people to help him. I don't think that he would give his work to someone else if he worked like that almost all the time

I honestly hope everyone makes it out alive, especially morel who has proven to be the most useful person in this arc against the enemies.
staying up for days without rest, I couldnt do it.

He is only ~40% of his best. Going in to fight these Ants while not even at half of what you can do is suicide.

vareon

Why doesn't he just, oh I dunno, tell the animation studio the story he has planned and wants and just let them animate it for him? He can have his input on how things should be done. Or hire people to draw the manga for him? :(

I don't recall anime ever doing this. It's almost always a new content and ending (Fullmetal Alchemist, Claymore) or just stopped (Rurouni Kenshin, and even the first series of HxH).

There are some cases when the anime is continued years later when there's enough materials, like Inuyasha.

Nibel

Nibel X Hunter 109

This episode had "shit's about to get REAL" all written over it and I enjoyed it. Just seeing each faction trying to polish their tactics and plans while still missing so many important facts is just fun to watch and will probably end in a chaotic bloodbath

Seeing Knov with all white hair and thinner due the huge stress was kind of terrifying, but also incredibly sad since he was such a dedicated and level-headed person before he enountered that Nen. I really fear for his mental health and I'm not sure if he'll make it through all of this

110 will be nuts

Ghost King

Neo Member
I don't recall anime ever doing this. It's almost always a new content and ending (Fullmetal Alchemist, Claymore) or just stopped (Rurouni Kenshin, and even the first series of HxH).

There are some cases when the anime is continued years later when there's enough materials, like Inuyasha.

Rurouni Kenshin wasn't cancelled because of the low ratings of the filler arcs? (When they finished against Shishio it was supposed to continue with the Jinchuu Arc but at the time the manga was too near to the anime so they had to put filler if I recall correctly). And The first HxH series had to stop because it was so near to the manga and low ratings (again If I recall correctly).

Nibel

I feel like this show is often in the "shit's about to get REAL" state, but shit rarely actually gets real.

Nah, they always teased the 'selection' as the big bang of all previous developments - we had a lot of preparation stuff that gave us a glimpse of things to come, but now that the big day has arrived the term 'shit gets real' really fits the show; and knowing HxH, it will do this in unique fashion

Blades64

Banned
Episode 109

Great buildup episode. I really enjoyed the part where everyone was thinking about the mission at hand.

I'm still hoping for Knov to find his balls again, and get back in the fray.

I know this arc hasn't even hit its climax as yet, and it's already sooo good. Ridiculous.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
All the non-Queen ants are "male."

So the clearly female ants like the one hanging out with hip-hop-surfer-dude-lion ant and the S&M one that fought the phantom troupe are male despite having clearly female design? In the case of Mr(s). S&M, it seemed to assert herself as queen looking for male mates while the some of the other ants expressed intent on finding females of any species to bone. Does this mean an ant is neither male or female or did the original queen have some female offspring that just weren't focused on.
For that matter, what determines the sex of an ant? The sex of the species that was consumed to make them? is it altogether elective?

kirblar

So the clearly female ants like the one hanging out with hip-hop-surfer-dude-lion ant and the S&M one that fought the phantom troupe are male despite having clearly female design? In the case of Mr(s). S&M, it seemed to assert herself as queen looking for male mates while the some of the other ants expressed intent on finding females of any species to bone. Does this mean an ant is neither male or female or did the original queen have some female offspring that just weren't focused on.
For that matter, what determines the sex of an ant? The sex of the species that was consumed to make them? is it altogether elective?
Yeah, they have a feminine identity, but they can't reproduce normally. Hence the weird mutations and such with the "fake Queen." They're essentially genderless drones. Cycle is "Queen creates King, King finds a new species to reproduce with, new Queen is born", I believe. Each King is supposed to go off and create a new colony.

Yeah, they have a feminine identity, but they can't reproduce normally. Hence the weird mutations and such with the "fake Queen." They're essentially genderless drones. Cycle is "Queen creates King, King finds a new species to reproduce with, new Queen is born", I believe. Each King is supposed to go off and create a new colony.

We all know who'd the king reproduce with.

foxuzamaki

Uhhh guys maybe I missed something(also dont know why we're spoiler tagging) but didnt they explain that
if the queen dies the other ants will go on and make their own kingdoms and they will try to mate, this seems like a huge thing for you guys to overlook

Uhhh guys maybe I missed something(also dont know why we're spoiler tagging) but didnt they explain that
if the queen dies the other ants will go on and make their own kingdoms and they will try to mate, this seems like a huge thing for you guys to overlook

Other hunters are probably dealing with him. Morel's buddy fought that lion dude.

foxuzamaki

Other hunters are probably dealing with him. Morel's buddy fought that lion dude.

Well I know that, the point I was making is that there are female ants, but they work exactly like ants do, in that there is only one which is the queen that is allowed to give birth, once the queen dies then anyone of those female ants can become the new queen, and the king could be any of the males

Popnbake

All the non-Queen ants are "male."

No, I think each ant has a gender and are either male or female. It's just that it takes an unusual circumstance for males who are not the King to go out and forcibly mate with females of other species.

It has not been stated what female ants would do but in the real world, most of the female ants who are not a "queen" are sterile which could be considered an important detail.

There are female ants who can reproduce asexually and Zazan would fit into that category.

Jigolo

Sigh, another gender discussion sparked by whether neferpitou is male or female. Lol

She's female to me

Pretty sure part of the reason we got the episodes with the Phantom Troupe was to deal with that. Let's not forget that Netero had been killing lots of ants to excercise too. At this point all other important ants that could've done that are either dead or about to take part in the final battle. Or they're Colt.

foxuzamaki

Pretty sure part of the reason we got the episodes with the Phantom Troupe was to deal with that. Let's not forget that Netero had been killing lots of ants to excercise too. At this point all other important ants that could've done that are either dead or about to take part in the final battle. Or they're Colt.

that nearly human in every way cat girl is still in the castle somewhere, infact she is gonna reappear in the next episode. she might be the only female(that we're sure of) left.

Jigolo

I feel like this show is often in the "shit's about to get REAL" state, but shit rarely actually gets real.

I can count a few times when this arc has already gotten real without having even making it to Meruem and the Royals yet. And that's what I think makes this arc so great.

1. Gon and Killua face the ants for the first time in the cave. It truly showed just how weak they were.

2. Episode 85.

3. Their bouts with Kunckle and Shoot to see who was going to make it on the team. As an anime only watcher I was honestly surprised by the outcome since in most shounen the hero would somehow pull through. But to see both Gon and Killua fail + Gon losing his nen for 30 days was refreshing to see.

4. Killua vs Rammot.

5. Ants ep. (feitans finale)

6. Knov placing the entrances and exits

Top Bottom