• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

LogicStep

I can count a few times when this arc has already gotten real without having even making it to Meruem and the Royals yet. And that's what I think makes this arc so great.

1. Gon and Killua face the ants for the first time in the cave. It truly showed just how weak they were.

2. Episode 85.

3. Their bouts with Kunckle and Shoot to see who was going to make it on the team. As an anime only watcher I was honestly surprised by the outcome since in most shounen the hero would somehow pull through. But to see both Gon and Killua fail + Gon losing his nen for 30 days was refreshing to see.

4. Killua vs Rammot.

5. Ants ep. (feitans finale)

6. Knov placing the entrances and exits

I agree with this post. This show has had so many ups it's amazing.

Jigolo

cp3cIaf.png

Meanwhile.. Netero is still sitting on that rock...heh

dan2026

hmm maybe I missed this. Do you remember the episode?

No unfortunately I don't. I can't even remember if it was Netero himself talking or Morel and Knov talking about him.

Edit : Ah I got it backwards, Netero talked about seeing the old friend back in episode 92.

The last we saw of him was meditating on the rock, lol.

Sorry to go kinda off-topic but I have a question. Looking at the covers for several Hunter X Hunter games there is a blonde character who appears on several games including the PS2 one. Anybody know the story behind who he is?

Vecks

Man, the next set of episodes are gonna be awesome. Will the anime be having any breaks in the coming weeks? Or can we be expecting more HxH goodness up to the new year?

You mean this guy, right?

According to Hunterpedia he's a game-only character named Ogyu. He seems to be a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh as well, in terms of both design and name. That's all I could find.

Thanks! I couldn't seem to find anything about him. Interesting how he lasted from the GBC to PS2 in four games.

Yonafunu

No problem! Normally whenever someone's looking for information I'd say check Hunterpedia, but there are some spoilers for anime-only viewers over there. So I think asking in this thread is a good solution.

kirblar

So are they gonna do filler once it reaches where the manga stopped, or are they not even animating the next arc, yet?
The manga stops 1 chapter into the next arc (the one following the post-Chimera Arc.)

The next arc's ending certainly reads as though it was actually intended to be a series finale if necessary. They'll just stop there.

I'd love if Togashi just admitted to himself that he's never going to finish the manga, and instead came onboard as head writer for the anime so that the story can continue at a reasonable pace. But I also think that it's a crazy and unprecedented idea.

Yonafunu

There's no point in doing filler. It could be years before the manga starts up again. The manga is just dead at this point.

Yup. There's no pulse.

Wait, when was the last chapter released? How long has the current hiatus been?

Technically the last chapters were two special Kurapika chapters for the movie, released in December 2012, so about a year ago. They were basically flashback chapters to tie into and promote the movie.
The last proper chapter before those was released in March 2012, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah.

dan2026

Just how lenient is shonen jump on their writers? doesnt togashi know that he has a job?

I don't know but its fucking bizarre.

He basically does whatever he pleases and Jump tolerates him.

I don't know what other job in the world you could get away with such bullshit.

Jigolo

So many unexplored areas of the show it's sad. So sad. I'm not going to stop believing though. My gut is telling me that he'll be more motivated once the anime is close to finishing.

#BELIEVE

Popnbake

I don't know but its fucking bizarre.

He basically does whatever he pleases and Jump tolerates him.

I think even Oda couldn't get away with the stuff Togashi has done.

Especially now that Naruto and Bleach are coming to an end.

Erigu

I'd love if Togashi just admitted to himself that he's never going to finish the manga, and instead came onboard as head writer for the anime so that the story can continue at a reasonable pace. But I also think that it's a crazy and unprecedented idea.
That supposes it's the art that takes Togashi so long. I don't know about that.

I hear there's a bunch of writers, composers, movie directors, etc, out there who get away with working at different paces. Crazy!

hobz360

Maybe he's waiting for both Naruto and Bleach to end, then he releases a bunch of volumes right after both those series go out.

fertygo

LOL Oda will get away from same thing if he decide to.

Jump is very lenient because HxH still #2 after one piece for tankoubon seller even with all these hiatus.

And they always make it like superbowl event when Togashi putting an chapter.

While I hate all the hiatuses that this manga gets, at least the Chimera Ant arc was finished. I was really afraid that I would never see the end of it, the 1y~2y hiatuses were pretty painful.

The current hiatus only set up one chapter for the next arc, making this waiting game much more bearable. That being said, I would love to at least know what the fuck Togashi is doing right now.

Just how lenient is shonen jump on their writers? doesnt togashi know that he has a job?

I suppose he is paid per job. He doesn't write, he isn't paid.

Which, given he is already rich, doesn't matter a lot for him.

Just the royalties of YYH, HxH, and Sailor Moon should be enough to have a nice family income.

Lirlond

Watermarks Var.

But yeah, that was a stressful time to be caught up on hxh. I think i reread the series twice in that timeframe so i was kept fresh lol.

upandaway

As upandaway has mentioned, and if I recall correctly, this is the start of HxH's looong hiatus streaks. For 80 weeks (According to this), the last of HxH was this panel.

Edit: Huh, could've sworn I cut that out.
The worst of it wasn't even the fact that this was the longest hiatus, or that it was such a cliffhanger - the worst part was that no one was really sure what's going on with the manga, it was the first time it took such a hiatus and Jump said absolutely nothing the whole time. People really thought it's never coming back.

It was only later established that HxH will take consecutive hiatuses in the scale of a year, after it happened at least twice. Back then it was a hell of uncertainty. Seeing this episode brought it all back for me so I had to bring it up, haha. Didn't know they had a hiatus chart.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man that is crazy, something tells me this new sailor moon anime is just gonna keep him on hiatus, or maybe it will inspire him to write more chapters to see animated who knows lol

Top Bottom