• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

Man that is crazy, something tells me this new sailor moon anime is just gonna keep him on hiatus, or maybe it will inspire him to write more chapters to see animated who knows lol

I don't think neither Togashi or his spouse are involved in that.

Qvoth

haven't read any manga in the last 3-4 months
i remember hearing a rumour saying the manga continues in december? was it true?

Peco

This is gonna be sooo good. I loved this part of the Chimera Ant arc in the manga, can't wait to see it finally animated.

RoyalFool

Banned
Hi all, been itching to read this thread for a while now.

I made the mistake of watching the first couple of episodes just as I started my Christmas holiday a week ago.

I've now just caught up to the latest episode, phew - what a ride, really loved the Greed Island arc but this current one is growing on me.

Going to be biting my nails with tonight's episode, hope Palm is OK - she's probably given me the most laughs out of the entire show so far. Plus they have set it up that at least some of them are going to have to die after all the "we don't stand much of a chance" pretense building.

Now to catch up on the 31 pages of this thread and see if you guys shared my opinions of the earlier stuff.

Rootbeer

Banned
Pressing play in a second.

I have wondered this before but does anyone know why they don't subtitle the opening/ending songs but they subtitle everything else? o_O

Yonafunu

Didn't cover as much as I thought it would, and that preview ruins everything. Would advise to avoid it.

Agreed, about everything. I was sure the episode would end with (MANGA/NEXT EPISODE SPOILERS)
Netero and Zeno jumping down from the dragon, so basically the exact way the chapter (262) ended.
Very weird they didn't do that, it would have been a perfect set up for the next episode.

And again, DON'T WATCH THE PREVIEW. It'll be so much better if you don't.

Rootbeer

Banned
I thought they were stopping the previews? The next however many episodes until the end of the arc are full of so much it would be much harder than usual to avoid spoiling stuff in the previews.

smurfx

get some go again
Agreed, about everything. I was sure the episode would end with (MANGA/NEXT EPISODE SPOILERS)
Netero and Zeno jumping down from the dragon, so basically the exact way the chapter (262) ended.
Very weird they didn't do that, it would have been a perfect set up for the next episode.

And again, DON'T WATCH THE PREVIEW. It'll be so much better if you don't.
i was sure it was going to end with
the announcer saying that two men descended from the back of a dragon and leave it at that. sure as hell didn't think they would ruin the surprise in the preview.

In the manga, btw, it passed the exact same thing. It appeared the fight was about to start, and then we had like 3 more chapters of people talking, including the lengthy conspiracy part of the Wolf guy. I remember thinking "why would you focus now on a side plot?!!!!" when I read it.

RoyalFool

Banned
We'll that episode wasn't what I was expecting.

At least it appears Palm is ok if I was reading the hints correctly
.. The bath room assistant kept doing her nervous hand gestures

Yonafunu

In the manga, btw, it passed the exact same thing. It appeared the fight was about to start, and then we had like 3 more chapters of people talking, including the lengthy conspiracy part of the Wolf guy. I remember thinking "why would you focus now on a side plot?!!!!" when I read it.

I wouldn't call it a side plot, but I agree, it's not necessarily what you'd want to see at this point.

Trevelyon

Yep, manga avoiders don't go near the preview. It's a real shame they did that (but, I guess we're or.... you guys are a bit of an edge case)

But, anyways... shit is going to go crazy up until the end.

Moaradin

The preview actually has big spoilers in it? That's weird. This show is usually pretty good about not showing much in the previews.

Erigu

The preview actually has big spoilers in it? That's weird. This show is usually pretty good about not showing much in the previews.
Doesn't seem they care much about spoiling stuff, actually. I mean, the current opening and ending, for example...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't think it's that big of a spoiler that Killua-sama dies to Goku's kameamea.

dan2026

There is only one real spoiler in the OP (at least at this point) that I can see.
And you wouldn't know it unless you knew what to look for.

LuffyZoro

Yeah, that was kinda lame.

upandaway

I never watch any previews of any show. The concept is just silly to me.

Anyway Welfin. It's crazy how this late in the game, some characters are just now revealing their fangs. He even came pretty close to the truth just by making up some dumb reason to trick Bizef (excluding the bomb nonsense). His only mistake is that he should have gone to Pitou immediately - because she had her En reactivated, he should've considered that it was while the woman or the intruder were there and Pitou just didn't tell him about it.

Killua rocking it out too, that was intense. He came so close.

Raxus

I never watch any previews of any show. The concept is just silly to me.

Anyway Welfin. It's crazy how this late in the game, some characters are just now revealing their fangs. He even came pretty close to the truth just by making up some dumb reason to trick Bizef (excluding the bomb nonsense). His only mistake is that he should have gone to Pitou immediately - because she had her En reactivated, he should've considered that it was while the woman or the intruder were there and Pitou just didn't tell him about it.

Killua rocking it out too, that was intense. He came so close.

There is a reason for that we will find out very shortly.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter episode 110
I want to say im disappointed this wasent actually the climax aka the start of the fight, but im no, I love all the talking, I love the planning and the plotting and the strategizing and I love how they think palm could be sexing the king which is lulzy and as warned, I didnt look at the preview...altho it has my attention so bad.
Oh should also point out that I think palm might be the bug around the nearly human ant in the bath

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Is it actually a spoiler or do you guys assume its a spoiler because you know the context of it? If I saw it without prior knowledge would I really know it was a spoiler?

Next ep is gonna deliver so fucking hard!!!

Is it actually a spoiler or do you guys assume its a spoiler because you know the context of it? If I saw it without prior knowledge would I really know it was a spoiler?
Definitely a spoiler if you want maximum awesome next ep don't watch it.

Jigolo

Well guess I'm staying away from this thread and reddit for 2 weeks. Since I don't watch the previews and previews have been discussed here before.

Just got to post my impressions once I watch it later today.

Top Bottom