• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I though it was a decent ish episode. Slightly slower paced with a focus on something that was possibly filler material? Well hopefully next weeks episode is when the action starts. I've heard all too now about how "the next episode will be amazing". Let's hope it is.

Also, I guess I'm one of the people who got spoilt by the preview. Sucks. Would have been nice going in there fresh. Then again, I don't come to this thread until I've seen the latest episode, so I wouldn't have known. *shrugs*

Soriku

Palm and the King?!

That part, lol. Dat Chimera Ant fanservice in the beginning too. I felt bad for the ant that couldn't talk.

Most of the episode was slow but interesting. The part with Killua and Ikalgo arguing was good as well as the deductions at the end there.

Solid episode overall.

LogicStep

Wow what an episode, next one is going to be ridiculous! Dat preview! Hooooly shit was not expecting him to show up, can't wait to see Killua's reaction.

Blades64

Banned
Pretty slow episode compared to the nail biting, edge of your seat kinda episodes we have been getting as of recently. It's necessary for future episodes I suppose.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
No I mean she killed a bug or made something resembling one and is using it to not get caught.

This wouldn't be too surprising if it happened, I could definitely see it.

Yeah... the last episode made me think this was going to be the OMG SHIT BALLS episode I've been waiting for. Seems like there is no choice but for it to be next episode. How can they stretch the 3 seconds they have left before jumping in the door?

Also, really liked how the King said he would die of boredom if he had to keep doing what he was doing now. He doesn't pity humans, he's fine massacring them wholesale, but he just wants to be gaming all the time.

Jigolo

Confusion x And x Expectation

Well that was a slow episode. Looks to me that Meruem
loves Komugi
. 2 weeks of wait will be agonizing. But that's nothing compared to the manga readers that had to wait a year :s

Anyone have the link where it says there will be no episode next week? I've been reading that but haven't exactly seen the source for this info.

7ELPTXL.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry, just a snap I found on tumblr. No, I'll be agonizing until the blu-ray release like the other plebeians. Gonna be a long wait. Guess I'm just a little surprised we don't have many Japanese locals in these threads, when there are so many in the videogame threads.

*editing to avoid bump*

More new HxX music:
http://vgmdb.net/album/42544

SNCC-89931.jpg

tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso1_250.gif
tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso2_250.gif
tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso3_250.gif

Killua was the most thoughtful one and his anger was funny. His lines and some of the Kings lines and plays just seemed to highly suggest that things may end up going downhill for both parties. The unknown third party taking advantage of the clear holes in the Palace security and then potentially ruining whatever the infiltrators plan is. Best episode of the past few.

LogicStep

tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso1_250.gif
tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso2_250.gif
tumblr_myfmt8zfRi1raiwcso3_250.gif

Killua was the most thoughtful one and his anger was funny. His lines and some of the Kings lines and plays just seemed to highly suggest that things may end up going downhill for both parties. The unknown third party taking advantage of the clear holes in the Palace security and then potentially ruining whatever the infiltrators plan is. Best episode of the past few.

I just find it impressive that Killua is so talented at such a young age. He already has a feeling that there is a third party and that it will throw a wrench in their plans which I'm guessing is exactly what happens when they find out about Komugi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It'd be cool if someone accidentally killed Komugi and that sent the King of the deep end.

bryanee

Only just started watching this show over the past week and I've already watched every episode available. I love it.

I especially love this cool fucker

knnjA4a.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Only just started watching this show over the past week and I've already watched every episode available. I love it.

I especially love this cool fucker

There's long gaps without him, so savour it while you can.

Kieli

I have a theory.

Miura and Togashi are actually the same person. During daytime, he is happier and writes H x H. During night time, he is sadder and writes Berserk.

Because he likes both DQ and Idolm@ster, he doesn't have very much time to play his beloved games. Thus, he decided to request for an extended vacation.

If viewed through this lens, then everything was keikaku.

fertygo

I have a theory.

Miura and Togashi are actually the same person. During daytime, he is happier and writes H x H. During night time, he is sadder and writes Berserk.

Because he likes both DQ and Idolm@ster, he doesn't have very much time to play his beloved games. Thus, he decided to request for an extended vacation.

If viewed through this lens, then everything was keikaku.

They both looked pretty different though

Togashi is rather skinny guy, and Miura looks "healthy" lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this is what kills me. At first I thought Hisoka was just a weird pedo clown but the characters is so much deeper than that.

I think it's one of the reasons I really, really dislike the Ant arc, in all honesty. Do we get a resolution or even progress on the Hisoka/Gon rivalry? No. Does Gon get any closer to finding his dad? No. Does Killua's changed relation with his family and specifically his brother have any meaningful consequences? No. Do we get to find out what happened to Chrollo? No. Is there any meaningful fall-out from Kurapika and the Spiders? No. Do we get to find out anything more about the Hunter organization after all of the subtle hints dropped earlier? No. etc, etc.

The Chimera Ants arc has seemed like a giant piece of filler. It's like DBZ's Garlic Jr. arc, except this one's canon and much, much longer. Every meaningful plot line seemingly just got dropped so we can focus on a bunch of villains that are far less interestingly with the possible exception of the King than any other villain we've dealt with so far. Hell, the arc doesn't even really deal with the characters it newly introduced that well - as soon as the King and co. go solo all of the other ants that we spent 20 odd episodes building up just get dispatched in fairly minor ways. I genuinely feel so much material could just have been skipped, the pacing is ass at the moment.

kirblar

Each arc is its own thing. Some stuff carries over, but they're basically Hunter x Hunter takes on the _____ genre! It's why the tone from arc to arc changes so much and what makes it such a unique series.

This arc isn't filler. It's just different. We also get development for Gon/Killua as characters.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Each arc is its own thing. Some stuff carries over, but they're basically Hunter x Hunter takes on the _____ genre! It's why the tone from arc to arc changes so much and what makes it such a unique series.

This arc isn't filler. It's just different. We also get development for Gon/Killua as characters.

Really? 'cause Gon's done basically nothing of any interest in the last 20 episodes apart from making friends with Meleoron, and that's not character development because Gon's always been that happy go lucky kind of guy. The last interesting thing he did was have his Nen removed. Killua's developed, but mostly into a gigantic Mary Sue who is superperfectawesomebrilliant at everything and never does anything wrong. It was much more interesting when Killua was better in technical and power terms than Gon but held back by insecurities and doubt; it made for an interesting dynamic between them, but now Killua just does everything better than Gon does. Why is Gon even here any more? He's weaker than basically every other character intending to ambush the ants, and his sole use has been to serve as a plot device to get Meleoron involved.

Does Gon get any closer to finding his dad? No.
Technically Gon is still driven by his desire related to his dad. He wants to fight the ants pretty much to avenge Kite (Ging's friend/pupil). It helps that
Kite died
minutes before he handed Ging's license to Gon, which was supposed to help him find Ging.

Top Bottom