• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Wiseblade

Now I know you people aren't badmouthing the Greed Island Arc. Easily the best arc in the whole series and the closest Togashi ever got to a satisfying ending.

Now I know you people aren't badmouthing the Greed Island Arc. Easily the best arc in the whole series and the closest Togashi ever got to a satisfying ending.

I'd have to disagree with that. Greed Island felt like a long, dragged out training arc that could have been wrapped up in half the time. The only part I found interesting was the dodgeball game, everything else was really disappointing.

Vecks

It's certainly one of my favorite arcs. But we are in the minority. Best training arc of all shounen series as far as I'm concerned.

ЯAW

Banned
Too true. I wasn't really feeling the current arc and then I started to like it and now I feel like it's been going too long. At least some shit is about to go down in the current episodes.

Wiseblade

I'd have to disagree with that. Greed Island felt like a long, dragged out training arc that could have been wrapped up in half the time. The only part I found interesting was the dodgeball game, everything else was really disappointing.
Then you must despise Chimera Ant with a passion, because we're just getting started.

Be honest you love it because its remind you to trading card game.
It reminds me more of a Card RPG. And that's only part of why I love it.

It's certainly one of my favorite arcs. But we are in the minority. Best training arc of all shounen series as far as I'm concerned.
Those are strong words, but I can't think of anything that tops it. I don't think of GI as a pure training arc, though.

ЯAW;96225097 said:
Too true. I wasn't really feeling the current arc and then I started to like it and now I feel like it's been going too long. At least some shit is about to go down in the current episodes.
Yeah, Chimera Ant really drags. Don't let people fool you by saying that people just got impatient after the breaks. CA is a LONG arc.

Kyuur

HxH 111 Raw

I was really interested with how they were going to do this, considering the entire event only spans a few seconds. They stuck to it page by page, which I'm fine with. I imagined young Netero having a different voice though!

RoyalFool

Banned
Wait, the new episode is tonight?

If I start watching and they somehow delay the fight, or it's a fucking recap episode - heads will roll. Without wanting spoilers, does it deliver finally?

Jigolo

Wait, the new episode is tonight?

If I start watching and they somehow delay the fight, or it's a fucking recap episode - heads will roll. Without wanting spoilers, does it deliver finally?

This is just the start of the infiltration...... I don't exactly know if Netero vs the King will even happen (Not a Manga reader) (I HOPE it DOES though).

it's in 4 min actually

Vecks

I don't think of GI as a pure training arc, though.

Me neither. That's why I feel it's the best training arc. It goes above and beyond what's necessary for one...
by having biske as both a mentor and a comrade in the final battle, a team up with the awesome hisoka in an super version of dodgeball, a full explanation of Greed Island and it's mechanics as both a nen based project and a video game (allowing us to see the limitless possibilities of nen), a demonstration of how much killua has improved since the first hunter exam by having him retake it again, showing us someone that even impresses the phantom troupe (razor) etc.

Not only are they being trained, but there's so much going on at the same time.

Popnbake

Me neither. That's why I feel it's the best training arc. It goes above and beyond what's necessary for one...
by having biske as both a mentor and a comrade in the final battle, a team up with the awesome hisoka in an super version of dodgeball, a full explanation of Greed Island and it's mechanics as both a nen based project and a video game (allowing us to see the limitless possibilities of nen), a demonstration of how much killua has improved since the first hunter exam by having him retake it again, showing us someone that even impresses the phantom troupe (razor) etc.

Not only are they being trained, but there's so much going on at the same time.

I liked the fact that even after the training Gon still couldn't win outright against the arc villain.

Gon using the enviorment for his advantage against a stronger opponent who was set out to mutilate him (smashing Gon's throat in and burning off his hand was the least of what he wanted to do) made it an impressive fight.

TheChits

Okay, Netero is a fucking monster. I didn't expect all the stuff about him being significantly older than grandpa Zoldyck. The King must be incredibly powerful to stand a chance. This show does cliffhangers like no other
DON'T WATCH THE PREVIEW

Yonafunu

To be fair though, the last part of CA is balls to the walls amazing. The highs of CA are the highest in HxH, imo. Granted, it's a different type of high than Yorkshin for example, which is why I'm still not sure which of the two is my favorite, but it's still as high as you can get.

Watching this makes me want to read the manga again so that I can continue on. Damn, this show is good!

How has it not been licensed yet?

belushy

Banned
Well I was gonna force myself to wait a week but I guess I'll just sign up for that 14 day trial to watch this episode.

Yeah, this is why I don't watch previews for stuff I'm not familiar with the source material. If it's an original work, I just don't watch them period. So many studios suck at this.

dan2026

I suppose they assume most Japanese fans have already read the manga.

But still it is a bit silly to spoil stuff, I suppose it does hype people up.

Raxus

Bad x Ass 111

Great backstory for Netero. Really gives weight to how bad ass the old man is.

Spoilers x Spoilers

AVOID THE PREVIEW EVERYONE!

FluxWaveZ

Episode 111

Skipped out on the preview again. I liked the backstory, but I'll appreciate it if, from now on, everything is focused on the present.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Based X Netero episode 111
That Netero hyping! it's gonna be awesome!
Fuck me I forgot to stop once the preview came up, what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why spoil that!!!!!!!!!

Korosenai

Motherfuckin x Netero 111

Ever since I caught up to the manga, this was the episode that I have been patiently waiting for to watch. Now that it's here.... i'm so fuckin hyped.

The confrontation was good but the episode overall kinda dragged with the long flashback and reusing the same scenes over. I was hoping for some action and not just talk. I think we've had enough of that over the last few episodes.

WHY WHY WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS THREAD BEFORE WATCHING THE EPISODE! I DIDN'T KNOW THE PREVIEW WAS GONNA DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Now I want to read the manga T_T

smurfx

get some go again
loved the new episode and yes please avoid the preview anime only people. hell you should probably just avoid them from now on.

Komugi bloodied and being held by the King.

Of course it works as a teasing spoiler because it can mean a)she is hurt b)she is dead (and the King will search vengeance!). For people who hasn't read the manga both are valid possibilities, and they don't know the right answer! But it reaches a level that lots of people don't like to be teased about, they would have preferred to don't know anything and be fully surprised when that image happens

Rootbeer

Banned
I think we need a title change. DO NOT WATCH THE AFTER EPISODE PREVIEWS. :) For your own good! It's a shame that they have no qualms about giving away any damn thing they feel like.

This episode was so well paced and kept you hooked on every word. They did a really really great job summarizing a lot of stuff, and a few bits felt added. I wonder if anything was added to tie in to The Last Mission? I look forward to seeing it (in six months...) Some of that backstory I definitely remember from the manga, but not that last part of the flashback...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So does gon and company remember that netero was there? I feel like they might have forgotten, either that or they completely underestimated him.

Trevelyon

They know he is apart of the mission and presumably he'll take the king. But yeah, the nature of Zeno's dragon drive is a wild gamble with allies on the ground.

smurfx

get some go again
So does gon and company remember that netero was there? I feel like they might have forgotten, either that or they completely underestimated him.
they knew he was making preparations but i don't think they knew what exactly he was going to do when he finally decided to make his move.

So glad I didn't watch the preview, I figured it'd be safer not to watch after everyone said not to last time. Looks like it was a good call.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Pacing is still diabolical. A recap of this episode: Netero launches single attack at Pitou. Extremely long explanation of where Netero got his technique from. Technique doesn't fully work anyway. That was... about it.

Top Bottom