• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Rootbeer

Banned
Pacing is still diabolical. A recap of this episode: Netero launches single attack at Pitou. Extremely long explanation of where Netero got his technique from. Technique doesn't fully work anyway. That was... about it.

And how many shows could make that satisfying! Imagine if this were DBZ, haha.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They know he is apart of the mission and presumably he'll take the king. But yeah, the nature of Zeno's dragon drive is a wild gamble with allies on the ground.

Yeah that was what was going through my head when they were going up the portal. "shit are they are gonna get fucked up by the dragon attacks?"

upandaway

So does gon and company remember that netero was there? I feel like they might have forgotten, either that or they completely underestimated him.
All they knew was that he was supposed to enter the palace from a different location shortly after their entrance. Their job is to distract the guards by the time he comes in.

As you can see things are progressing in matrix time right now, so even falling down will take him a while. And it's not like he killed Pitou or anything, he's only delaying her by a couple of seconds (not enough for it to count as doing Gon's job for him).

Trevelyon

Diabolical pacing with nefarious mustache twirling character development and dastardly langusihing exposition.

Why are you keeping with this arc if it is so goddam terrible?!

Vecks

Yeah that was what was going through my head when they were going up the portal. "shit are they are gonna get fucked up by the dragon attacks?"

I think it was meant as a distraction. It probably isn't dangerous enough to hurt anyone with nen capabilities.

Trevelyon

I think their timing was off or at the very least didn't anticipate Pitou's en destroying the dragon or, activating its secondary ability so soon. Given ten or 12 seconds earlier they could've entered without that risk. Definitely a fuck up, but it's in keeping with the anything and everything could go wrong mantra, which is awesome.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Diabolical pacing with nefarious mustache twirling character development and dastardly langusihing exposition.

Because a poster a while back who is a manga reader told me the Chimera Ant arc is better thought of as three separate arcs, of which the third and final is just beginning now, and is actually amazing. I'm holding out for that. Also, it's not really like the shonen genre has that much else to offer at the moment - both Jojo and Attack on Titan are done for the time being.

dan2026

The pacing covered almost three manga chapters.

The exposition is a prominent feature of this last part of the arc.

Tobe

im very happy with the episode, the pacing is exactly as the manga, the netero story is done perfectly :) really happy since this is the start of the best.

So does gon and company remember that netero was there? I feel like they might have forgotten, either that or they completely underestimated him.

Moraou was timing with the clock exactly when they entered because it was spoken with Netero, at that exact hour they will attack by surprise. But they didn't know the way Netero would appear or from where, exactly.

Jigolo

It's been a good time to stop watching previews in episode 1
Boom. I only watched 111 preview because it was a 2 week wait and a much anticipated episode. I've never seen any of the others. ( same goes for other shows with me, I never watch previews)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow, the anime is so much better than the manga at this point of the story is not even funny. I had such a shitty time following the manga due to how crappy the art was. Thx god the studio is doing a good job.

RoyalFool

Banned
Fucks sake, they were supposed to deliver this episode. What the hell was this filler pish, Gon and co only moved 3 bloody steps!!

RoyalFool

Banned
I was expecting balls to the wall epic fighting royal rumble awesome sauce. Not 3 seconds with 28 minutes of narration for a single attack.

Trevelyon

I was expecting balls to the wall epic fighting royal rumble awesome sauce. Not 3 seconds with 28 minutes of narration for a single attack.

You're missing the whole point of what Togashi is building towards here. It's not another block head, bust on through shonen romp to rescue Orihime.

Yonafunu

The episode played out pretty much exactly how I expected it to. The only thing I think could have been better (aside from things like animation) was
that the Netero flashback took looong, and the reused animation when Netero attacked Pitou
. But that was obviously for stretching purposes so they could end the episode on that specific point, so I do understand to a certain extent.

Korosenai

Pacing is still diabolical. A recap of this episode: Netero launches single attack at Pitou. Extremely long explanation of where Netero got his technique from. Technique doesn't fully work anyway. That was... about it.

This episode was very faithful to the manga, and as a person who is caught up in the HxH manga, I fucking loved this episode. I felt the pacing was very top notch and well done.

faint.

Even though Netero was the focus of this ep, I really loved seeing Pitou's character in ways we haven't before. We've only seen her goes crazy with power a few times, so to see her go up against an enemy stronger than she was and realize she was fucked was awesome.

"The only reason she looked up, was 'just because'".

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You guys whining about action are gonna shit yourselves in a few eps.

Hyun Sai

I hope some of you realize how crazy some of the most powerful beings in this manga are. Borderline insanity.

Who the hell would do what Netero did to achieve this power ?

I was like "you must be kidding me..." when I read the manga at this point...

The flashback was beautiful in this episode. Well done.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Even though Netero was the focus of this ep, I really loved seeing Pitou's character in ways we haven't before. We've only seen her goes crazy with power a few times, so to see her go up against an enemy stronger than she was and realize she was fucked was awesome.

"The only reason she looked up, was 'just because'".
Yeah i loved that aswell, she wasent just playing around anymore she actually showed concern not only for herself but the possible circumstances

The Dragon Attack is great in concept but it just came off as stills so it was kind of bad. I did like seeing my favorite of the adult characters and his little interview scene but then there wasnt much else to offer this episode. Will have to side with those aligned with disappointment as this was just really baffling in execution for this weeks episode. Hopefully HxH gets back on track soon. This arc has just been a rollercoaster ride in quality drops every now and then, even at this critical portion of the plot.
I mean even in this episode alone the preview suggests that it is finally going back to good storytelling making one of the things I wished for the anime to do to come to pass getting rid of a less than stellar character even, So I guess it redeemed itself in one episode.

Popnbake

HxH 111

10,000 punches of gratitude.

Every. Single. Day.

Saitama would be proud.

Wow you guys weren't kidding about that spoiler. What were they thinking?

They really can't help themselves in spoilering future events with that character. :/

Akainu

This has been said before, but get used to the narrator, because you'll be hearing him a lot from now on.
I think it's a trade off of having the characters explain every action that goes on in the middle of a fight which would be even more annoying.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I was really confused about this at the beginning of the episode, so I went back to check out the end of episode 110 and, yeah, they kind of show it happen.
Gotcha, thanks. Guess I must've forgot about it.

I think Grandpa Zoldyck's spiel about Netero was enough. Didn't need that whole 10min backstory sequence. Ah, well, next week!

LogicStep

What a fucking amazing episode. I've been saying to my friend that I was sure Netero was god tier and then this episode comes along. The whole
training part and how Netero developed
was seriously awesome, really liked it. Holy shit, he is seriously on another level.
Hearing Zeno praise him
was really cool too since
Zeno
is supposed to be god tier too, at least that's where I've been putting all the characters in my own tier list. :p So seeing that pretty much puts Netero at god tier lvl 2 lol.

And I did not watch the preview, bring it on next week's episode!

Edit: You guys don't like the narrator? I like it because it explains to me the awesomeness of what I'm about to see, which is the main thing I like about this anime. It's about abilities and imagination, not just power levels.

Lulubop

Zeno references his grandpa Maha, who I believe has been shown in the anime reboot for whatever reason.

He makes a brief appearance in the original anime, and manga (1 panel) during the Yorkshin arc.

I'm pretty sure he's one of the top 5 nen users, if only because Zeno's comments.

As for the episode, a lot of important stuff happened subtly. Like making Pitou restrict his En. A well thought out plan, with appropriate diversions.

Kieli

Because a poster a while back who is a manga reader told me the Chimera Ant arc is better thought of as three separate arcs, of which the third and final is just beginning now, and is actually amazing. I'm holding out for that. Also, it's not really like the shonen genre has that much else to offer at the moment - both Jojo and Attack on Titan are done for the time being.

I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. You clearly seem to hate this arc (which is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinions). If you haven't been enjoying the past 35 or so episodes of Chimera Ant, I highly doubt your opinion is gonna change.

Top Bottom